Author Topic: Norm Thatcher - Information  (Read 25660 times)

Offline dw230

Re: Norm Thatcher - Information
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2012, 11:07:35 AM »
Wow, this thread has brought out two first time posters with history of their own.

Well done,
DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2012, 01:53:37 AM »
jvon: You should have been and interior and exterior parts replacer instead of a "line mechanic" that's where the parts needed to go. Engines, tranny, and rears were bullet proof for all the guys I ran with..............JD
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline Hyfire

• New folks
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2012, 01:38:38 PM »
Wow, this thread has brought out two first time posters with history of their own.

Well done,
DW

Yes, thanks guys for the responses and insight!  I have sent PMs to each of them.  I really appreciate all the help.  It's been about a year and a half and I've collected 3 large binders full of info.  Every little bit helps, no matter how small it may seem.

Thanks again!

Josh

josh@hyfire.com

Offline DougsFriend

• New folks
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2015, 08:49:18 PM »
this is a reply to Josh
doug lovegrove lives in las vegas.
he will be 80 in sept. he is still working on cars.
if u need any more info let me know.

sam

velocity

« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2015, 12:48:52 AM »
Josh is the real deal, with real passion for preserving the history of Norm Thatcher. He not only collects, but shares and did so with his collection of Norm for my new book under development on the history of LSR. Anything I might find along the way, I will share with him. Always better to have duplicate repositories of documentation and photos to keep the story alive and straight.

And for those who are wondering - yes, the darn book is still unfinished but it is my 2015 goal to complete this "magnum opus" and can assure you I will NEVER attempt something of this magnitude again. It consumes you in a simultaneous maddening and wonderful way.

- LSL

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2015, 11:47:47 AM »
This thread is a prime example of why I hate pictures hosted elsewhere... as far as I can tell they are gone, no longer part of LSR history.
Rant over, back to a the revived thread
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2015, 12:32:45 PM »
Stainless and all:

About pictures posted elsewhere -- I'll guess you're alluding to photos put here via Photobucket or one of the other photo-sharing sites.  If so -- yeah, you're right about them disappearing if that sharing site goes away.  But don't forget that we've got quite a gallery - 30,000 or more -- of photos here on this website and they're both on display any time you want them -- and saved in the backup file machine that Bob keeps.  My point is -- if you're going to post some photos - whether historical, hysterical, or whatever -- go ahead and send a note to me along with the photos and I'll make sure they get put into the gallery.  Woody spent hours moving stuff into said gallery a couple of years ago and might be busy or burned out on that activity now, but we do what we can to save 'em all.  I don't go from post to post here looking for photos that might be worth saving - but if you were to tip me off about some that you're posting being worthy of keeping -- I/we might just save 'em for posterity (not posterior). :-D
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline DND

« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2015, 10:21:49 PM »
Norm's shop was in down town Van Nuys , next to the ally right off of the east side of the Blvd

We would go down the ally and stop if the side door was open , just to see what he was building at the time in the early 60's

G Don

Offline Hyfire

• New folks
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2015, 04:38:08 PM »
Josh is the real deal- LSL

Wow, that's huge, thank you!

Guys, I just found this thread again.  It's been about 4 years. I didn't want to beat a dead horse. It seems to pop back up every so often (which is great).  I have refreshed the photos above with some new stuff.  Any info really is appreciated, even the small stuff.  You would be suprised by how the small info can unlock big stuff.  

Josh
  Josh@Hyfire.com

P.S.... I'm not big on car shows, but I did get the car out of the normal routine of trips around the block and I took it up to El Mirage to run in the dirt again.  To say the least, it was fun!

« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 04:44:17 PM by Hyfire »