Author Topic: 2015 Speed Week Entry Fees  (Read 22259 times)

Offline typo41

• Huntimer Photography
2015 Speed Week Entry Fees
« on: February 12, 2015, 02:01:52 PM »
Be watch full of the new fees that SCTA is looking at,, including an amount for the vehicle entry and then an amount for each driver.
Tony Huntimer
Huntimer Photography

Offline edinlr

Re: 2015 Speed Week Entry Fees
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2015, 02:51:17 PM »
Have they announced the entry fees yet?  Guess they wanted us to book our non-refundable rooms first.   :-D  Honestly, it is just one more thing to gripe about, travel costs, trailers, repairs, motor parts, bad weather, etc.
Honda CX650 turbo, Kawasaki H2 Ninja, Kawasaki ZX750 turbo

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2015, 04:53:48 PM »
I understand it's the same as last year --$525 for vehicle and driver.  Crew members gotta buy an armband for $5.  If they won't do it, I don't think I'd want them on my crew.

Stan
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Calkins

• On Any Sunday
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2015, 05:36:13 PM »
The group I am going with this year is bringing a community moped.  The owner said that (according to what he was told last year) he has to pay the entry fee ($525) for the bike, and that he could have as many riders as we needed for no extra cost.  Is that true?  That just seems to good to be true.  I mean, what is the week pass, like $50?  And I get to steal his bike for licensing passes?  I would have thought each rider would have to pay a fee as well.  Not that I am bitchin'...

:cheers:
Justin Calkins - Iowa Falls, Iowa  USA

Offline BasementBorn

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2015, 05:53:34 PM »
I seem to remember riders have to be a BNI member, have the medical release filled out, and of course all the safety stuff but I imagine all that could be sorted out there. Of course I could be wrong though.
Gabe Gorton
Gorton Racing 1060 650APS-BG
Team Banana 1361 F/CPRO

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2015, 07:12:16 PM »
I believe that, for the first time, additional riders may be charged an additional fee.  I'd think someone would pay it for the chance to complete some laps at Bonneville SpeedWeek.

You have to remember that the SCTA/BNI suffered losses last year with their two Bonneville events cancelled after paying all the initial expenses.  I think they've found an equitable solution to trying to make back some of their reserve funds so they can stay viable.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2015, 07:23:22 PM »
Yes, the medical release may be filled out at the registration table.  Keith will make sure yours is done before you get that armband.  But -- and it's a big but - it's way easier and nicer to the folks in line behind you to fill it out in advance.  Do it at home and mail it or at worst, bring it with you to the salt.  The chances are better that you'll have all of the information correct and that your penmanship will be legible.

Another thing worth noting to some of us:  Volunteers must fill out an additional medical release.  Same form, but Judy insists on us doing it so the volunteer coordinator has the information on hand should that volunteer have a crisis where the information is needed.  Do that one, too.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2015, 07:41:58 PM »
The group I am going with this year is bringing a community moped.  The owner said that (according to what he was told last year) he has to pay the entry fee ($525) for the bike, and that he could have as many riders as we needed for no extra cost.  Is that true?  That just seems to good to be true.  I mean, what is the week pass, like $50?  And I get to steal his bike for licensing passes?  I would have thought each rider would have to pay a fee as well.  Not that I am bitchin'...

:cheers:

Don't forget that any rookies need to go through 'rookie orientation',

Sumner

Offline jdincau

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2015, 06:03:26 PM »
It appears the entry fee is going to be $375 for the car and $150 for each driver. It is anticipated the driver fee will be paid at the salt not in the pre entry.
Unless it's crazy, ambitious and delusional, it's not worth our time!

Offline toclub

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2015, 11:23:08 PM »
That's a bunch of B.S.   In order to drive at speedweek you have to be a BNI member($75). Now they are going to double charge the people that put on the show for the spectators of which they make a small fortune on.  Not only that, now they are going to charge all our family members $5 to be on our crew. I feel like we are being "OBAMASIZED". How much money did you make this year? Send it.

Offline Nortonist 592

• http://www.artfv.com/design/fashion/
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2015, 01:18:35 AM »
Huh?  "OBAMASIZED"??  If that was the case the govt. would be paying our entry fees, travel costs and giving us a driving license to boot.  The entry fee and BNI fee is the same as last year.  The $5 for crew is no big deal.  In my case it comes to $10.  Two rainouts last year hurt the SCTA.  The good part is you are under no obligation to go.  I saw a post on another forum that had a photo of the 1948 SpeedWeek entry details.  Te entry fee back then was $7.50.  Into the wayback machine Sherman!
Get off the stove Grandad.  You're too old to be riding the range.

Offline jvolgarino

• New folks
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2015, 12:28:19 PM »
Anyone tried contacting JoAnn Carlson in the SCTA office for clarification? She's good about getting back to you if she's not in the middle of the registrations, etc. SCTA site has a ton of email addresses available for contacts, info. These people work pretty hard under some pretty rough conditions at times to pull this thing together every year. They always seem happy to help.

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2015, 12:36:53 PM »
I figure that $150 for a ride in a 5-figure car is pretty cheap.

Offline 8

• New folks
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2015, 01:51:29 PM »
  Mr. Toclub;   Where are all these Spectators you say pay a SMALL FORTUNE ?  Evidentally you have not tried to go racing any where else in about 40 years.  How much do you think it costs to enter Daytona for a WEEK of racing, or 7 days entry to go National Event Drag Racing. Try to even get a pass to get on the start line at any other National race, But at Bonneville you can get one for $5.00 for a WEEK ,(that Doesn't even pay for the INSURANCE costs). 

Being how you are so close, Maybe you should come to a board meeting and learn just how much it costs to run Bonneville. Even with all the VOLUNTEERS (NO PAY) that put the meet on to keep it as LOW COST as possible.       

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2015, 02:38:07 PM »
It'd still be the best bargain in motorsports at twice the price.

After last year, I consider it fortunate that SCTA-BNI can continue to make it happen.
"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll: