Author Topic: Sept. Streetbike Shootout  (Read 1344 times)

Offline Uncle Jimbo

Sept. Streetbike Shootout
« on: October 05, 2014, 12:31:53 PM »
After a day & a half cleaning salt from the AMA Bonneville Motorcycle Speed Trials, its time to get ready for the last LSR Event of the season for us. Having started off the season in July with the LTA Maine event, we're looking forward to the ECTA finale Sept 27 - 28
Ok, no sniveling allowed – time to get ready for the season final event at the East Coast Timing Assoc.  Ohio Mile  www.ecta-lsr.com

Now on YouTube  you can check out some helmet cam video – puts you in the drivers seat.
http://youtu.be/owStxjnkaVc

The September ECTA event in Wilmington Ohio offers the Annual Street Bike Shoot Out & more.  If you like cool really fast cars & some of the fastest bikes in the country here is a spot that is really spectator friendly. You can walk the pit or sit track side for an up close view of the action. In fact so many cool street rods & customs come to spectate and that turns out to be a show in itself.  Car guys & bikers all in the same spot, all helping eachother and looking to goin fast.  Gotta love it - OK – Ok – get down to business. After a full season schedule of Land Speed Racing venues, the Gray Ghost & I are totally in sync now. He’s talkin to me & I am liking it and talkin back – If I have to explain you’ll either understand or think I fell off the wagon.   :-D
We worked awfully hard preparing for this race season, & so far its has been paying off.  The records we were going to challenge were APS-PF 1650 at 167.529 and APS-PG 1650 at 181.320 – We finished our 2014 season toping those records with a 186.412 in the APS-PF 1650 and a 186.877 for the APS-PG 1650 class.   
Great seeing some old friends and meeting some new ones. Thanks to the ECTA staff & Volunteers for holding these great LSR events.    :cheers:       
See ya next year -
Jimbo

From days of old, when knights were bold, and rode Iron Horses
24 Land Speed Records
M/PP 1350 AMA/BUB - M/CPG 1350 - M/CPF 1350 - LTA
M/PG 1650 - M/PF 1650 - AMA/BUB
A/PG 1650 - A/PF 1650 -  ECTA - LTA
Top speed to date 194.664