Author Topic: Support for the NSU project  (Read 1766 times)

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
Support for the NSU project
« on: August 05, 2006, 06:02:26 PM »
Heinz Herz, who will run the NSU Delfin III Replica in September during the BUB meet need a small support.

He never runs a bike at the salt. He rode the Delfin III during the test runs, but it's a different to run a bike at a paved road or airfield, as he done and at the salt.

Who is at the BUB meet and can borrow a motorcycle for some test miles at the salt. I'm not talking about a record bike - I was thinking about of a street legal bike which Heinz could ride at the salt, so as on the way from the end of the pavement into the pits. Who is there with his street bike during the meet and can give Heinz a ride. He got his equipment, leather helmet - he is a very expierence rider, so there will be not a problem.
Only what he like to get is some miles salt expierence with a bike before he runs the NSU.

Would be great if Heinz could get this support.

Let me know who can help, we also can talk at the SALT TALK.

By the way, inside is a 115 hp Honda 900 RR Fireblade - Heinz got the original engine of the record run - but to build a replica of the frame was not possible. So he used the Honda, due to this that Honda is today the biggest motorcycle producer in the world, so as NSU was it in 1956.

Heinz is about 6 inch taler than his late father - so he will have no chance to run the bike with the close hatch - in 1956, Wilhelm Herz set the first over 300kph record also without the hatch, so it's a original record configuration.

I attach a picture of Heinz, so you know how he looks.
He will be glad to welcome you in his "pits" at the salt.

Heinz got also a web page with a lot of picture and some English notes.

http://www.wilhelmherz.de/

Thanks in advance for every support
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

bak189

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2006, 06:15:52 PM »
Tell Heinz, to look us up #1194
sidecar....#189 solo...#89 solo.....The solo bikes are 125c.c. Rotax powered.... one on fuel....
one on gas....the gas bike should fit a 6 foot frame of Heinz...he is welcome to take it for a rundown the course at speed (Approx 110mph)
In addition my sidecar driver speaks fluent German...(mine is just Dutch)

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2006, 06:33:55 PM »
I think he will like this offer - I forward your note to Heinz.

Thank you very much.
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)