Author Topic: Newcomer looking for some direction and advice  (Read 5410 times)

dwarner

Newcomer looking for some direction and advice
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2006, 11:32:02 PM »
I could not find in the rule book where it specifies that motorcycle only engines are to be used. Car engines have not beeen allowed in the past and I don't see a move to that end right now.

Living in Reno I think that a short trip to Speedweek this year would be in order. You can camp in your motorhome a the bend and come in each day to look around and ask questions. Atvs are OK for adults, kids must be accompanied. Salt Talks party at the bend on Sunday? night would be a good place to meet people, even those in your proposed class. Its always best to educated before jumping into the deep end.

DW

Offline wheelspin

• http://www.alchemymotorsports.net
Newcomer looking for some direction and advice
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2006, 11:34:15 PM »
Yes I have a rule book.( 2005 ) and all the 2006 updates printed.
 I have noticed that a lot of items discussed in this forum fall into the grey area of the rules so I figured I would ask the people who have been there and had their vehicles scrutinized and passed tech. I know some of the questions I am asking are covered in the rule book, I am interested in how far you can push the rules that are indefinite or written as to allow interpretation. I am not ensuing that I am interested in cheating , simply trying to establish guidelines and get some feedback on the unwritten rule book. Like all types of racing I appreciate the time and effort the competitors put into gaining an advantage and I have tried not to ask specifics or " how to" make it go faster etc. I hope this clarifies what my intentions are, and why I am asking what may seem to a veteran to be trivial questions. I am only trying to be as prepared as possible for my first adventure at Bonneville. I truly appreciate all of you who have shared yoru knowledge with me in this forum.
Thanks
Nathan