Author Topic: JohnR you cost me 5 bucks....  (Read 1789 times)

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
JohnR you cost me 5 bucks....
« on: August 01, 2006, 05:01:14 PM »

A little while ago I ran across to the grocery store to get some ketchup for my meatloaf and happen to walk by the newsstand.  So there is this magazine with a not bad looking lady (way to young for me) on the cover and next to her left leg (not that I really noticed it of course) is "200MPH in a 1.5-LITER CIVIC!".  I though I'll bet I know who that is :wink: .

Inside is a 7 page spread on John's car with a lot of neat pictures and detail (almost all his secrets are reveled). John you have even done a lot more to that car/motor than I imagined.  What a neat accomplishment and congrats on the great coverage you got.

Some of you might not ever pickup IMPORT TUNER, but at least take a look at it the next time you are by a newsstand.  Since I'm interested in turbos I try to check it out even if I don't buy it, but this time I had to have this issue.  Of course if any of you live near John all the magazines in that part of the country have probably been bought up.  John leave a few on the shelves so others can see what you did.

c ya, Sum

JohnR

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2006, 07:07:35 PM »
Hey Sumner,

Come by the pits and I'll work out a reimbursement in liquid refreshments!

Overall, I was really pleased with the article. The photos were shot the day after the May El Mirage meet so the car was as clean as possible, but not clean. You know what I mean. Of course, there are inaccuracies in the text and such but very minor compared to the depth of the article.

There is one thing that just bugs me to death about it though. Thats the photo of the right front of the car (actually a couple of them) where the heat/fire damage is just jumping out at you (well, me at least). The left front is pristine but oh well.

I gave the car to them to do the photo shoot since I had another commitment so the magazine itself was the first I saw of the photos they took. I told them to feel free to wring it out and pull the chute but I guess not.

John

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2006, 08:12:06 PM »
Quote from: JohnR
There is one thing that just bugs me to death about it though. Thats the photo of the right front of the car (actually a couple of them) where the heat/fire damage is just jumping out at you (well, me at least). The left front is pristine but oh well.
John

I noticed that, but thought it was there to add character :wink:

I'll be by the pits :D .

c ya,

Sum