Author Topic: Patina  (Read 2328 times)

Offline Bob Drury

Patina
« on: July 27, 2006, 07:49:28 PM »
Maybe this should be under Tech questions, but what the hell.  Has anyone had good luck with any substance to remove the wonderfull salt patina off of Moon Discs.  I have tried various compounds and tons of elbow grease, but they still look dull.  A buffer seems to be out of the question because of the swirl pattern.  Thanx,  Bob
Bob Drury

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
Re: Patina
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2006, 08:31:00 PM »
Quote from: Bob Drury
Maybe this should be under Tech questions, but what the hell.  Has anyone had good luck with any substance to remove the wonderfull salt patina off of Moon Discs.  I have tried various compounds and tons of elbow grease, but they still look dull.  A buffer seems to be out of the question because of the swirl pattern.  Thanx,  Bob

A little late isn't it Bob :?:  :?:   2 weeks from now they will just be getting a new layer of patina :D .

c ya soon,

Sum

Offline hitz

Patina
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2006, 08:48:45 PM »
Bob,

Have you tried W-D 40 and steel wool? Corrosion means holes. Not much you can do with holes. Finish up by spinning the wheel and holding the steel wool on it. Doubt if you ever get that rainbow look back. :cry:

Good luck, Harv

Offline Bob Drury

Patina
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2006, 10:18:36 PM »
Sumner, I don't like chiseling salt...........  Harv,  Thanx.  Dolan told me to tape the steel wool to my head, spray WD40 up my nose. amd spin the disc on my head... I thought he might be funnin me...............
Bob Drury

Offline glc311

• Road Runners (SCTA)
Keeping Moons Clean
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2006, 07:45:59 PM »
Bob - Check your e-mail.