Author Topic: Saving the Salt  (Read 548200 times)

Offline Bob Drury

Re: 2nd Mining company to start mining on Bonneville Salt Flats
« Reply #540 on: July 21, 2015, 06:20:16 PM »
  Badman, knowing that such a esteemed fellow Kansinian as Stainless holds you in High Regard, your two cents are held in a special place (no not there you pervert) by those who have admired How much you have accomplished with so little funding.
  You speak, those in the know listen.............. even Stan                :cheers: :cheers:
Bob Drury

Offline Dynoroom

• Global Moderator
Re: Speed Week 2015 is cancelled
« Reply #541 on: July 21, 2015, 06:30:28 PM »
Close Bob, but not exactly. Rookies normally run after the first 25 per the El Mirage Procedures. Since the line is four abreast with the rookies on the far right. See the SCTA website for the El Mirage Procedures.
Michael LeFevers
Kugel and LeFevers Pontiac Firebird

Without Data You're Just Another Guy With An Opinion!

Racing is just a series of "Problem Solving" events that allow you to spend money & make noise...

Offline Elmo Rodge

« Reply #542 on: July 21, 2015, 07:05:35 PM »
Bob, the Line up for May is as you described. Then the points accrual starts over for subsequent meets. Wayno

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #543 on: July 21, 2015, 07:13:40 PM »
  So Dyno, I am only somewhat or sometimes Delusional?  Cool!  Mom would be proud.................. :roll:
Bob Drury

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #544 on: July 21, 2015, 08:46:19 PM »
Semi-delusional... Bob, I think that is apparent to most of the people that have ever met you...  or is that the people that have met me.....  :roll:
Been a lot of ups and downs the last week.... I'm thinking maybe check that the blue pills are the  ones you are supposed to take instead of the white ones... 
                                                             Was a one run Bob myself once... your habit....
                                                                    hope you get the chance to break it

:cheers:
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Speed Limit 1000

Re: Intrepid Potash Inc. what do they do?
« Reply #545 on: July 21, 2015, 09:01:40 PM »
I contacted NBC news,www.nbcnews.com/id/40220716/
 and got this reply

NBC news, thank you for contacting NBC Nightly News.  Your opinions are important to us and we appreciate your feedback.

If you want to follow Nightly News throughout the day, follow us here on Twitter and Facebook.  You can also sign up for The Nightly and download our Nightly News app for iOS or for Android phones.

Thanks again for your interest in the broadcast.
NBC news
John Gowetski, red hat @ 221.183 MPH MSA Lakester, Bockscar #1000 60 ci normally aspirated w/N20

Offline Speed Limit 1000

« Reply #546 on: July 21, 2015, 09:05:18 PM »

Was a one run Bob myself once... your habit...hope you get the chance to break it

:cheers:

Only once?
John Gowetski, red hat @ 221.183 MPH MSA Lakester, Bockscar #1000 60 ci normally aspirated w/N20

Offline stuartg@sema.org

• New folks
« Reply #547 on: July 21, 2015, 09:34:32 PM »
The Save the Salt Coalition and SEMA have been actively opposing the Mesa Exploration Bounty Potash Project since it was first proposed a couple of years ago.  It should be noted that the mine would be located in Pilot Valley, not the Bonneville Salt Flats.  The two locations are geologically unrelated.  The Bounty Potash proposal has many regulatory hurdles and approval is not assured.  The link that was circulated was simply a video generated by the Mesa Exploration Corp which is seeking to fundraise money for its proposal.

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #548 on: July 21, 2015, 09:41:40 PM »
i.e. "get lost".

Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

Offline BasementBorn

« Reply #549 on: July 21, 2015, 09:57:20 PM »
Stuart, obviously not ideal but if their mine ended up going through is there a possibility we could get them to pump over to the salt flats like Intrepid?
Gabe Gorton
Gorton Racing 1060 650APS-BG
Team Banana 1361 F/CPRO

Offline jl222

« Reply #550 on: July 21, 2015, 10:03:10 PM »
The Save the Salt Coalition and SEMA have been actively opposing the Mesa Exploration Bounty Potash Project since it was first proposed a couple of years ago.  It should be noted that the mine would be located in Pilot Valley, not the Bonneville Salt Flats.  The two locations are geologically unrelated.  The Bounty Potash proposal has many regulatory hurdles and approval is not assured.  The link that was circulated was simply a video generated by the Mesa Exploration Corp which is seeking to fundraise money for its proposal.

Stuart... several members have tried  to find the percentage of salt in the brine being pumped on the salt and if the
amount Intrepid pumps is monitored by anyone but them. Do you know?

Thanks JL222

Offline Speed Limit 1000

« Reply #551 on: July 21, 2015, 10:04:31 PM »
That was an automatic response that they received my email. Maybe still a little hope that they will investigate.

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #552 on: July 21, 2015, 10:05:09 PM »
Stuart, I guess we are all happy to see you are monitoring our panic.  Most of the time they talk about Intrepid only mining potash... until we see they also mine and sell Machine Salt (salt with a little potash) and Magnesium Chloride (sea salt) both of those are major components of our racing surface.  HOPEFULLY SEMA and STS are looking at what they should and should not be harvesting and selling by the train load.
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline hotrod

• Black Horse photo
« Reply #553 on: July 21, 2015, 10:05:58 PM »
In the 2006 study the brine percentage was approximately 15%-18% concentration of dissolved salt.

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #554 on: July 21, 2015, 10:08:58 PM »
NBC sure has gone to hell since David Sarnoff was the CEO. Can you imagine NBC producing a documentary series like "Victory At Sea" these days?