Author Topic: Saving the Salt  (Read 548068 times)

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
Re: Saving Dry Lakes Racing
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2015, 07:49:47 PM »
I think along those lines is what might be possible:

only time will tell but I sure suggest we learn to PRODUCE what ever we/they  may need GPS points, Cones, Tape, moisture meter and a new agreement will probably be needed.
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline POPS

Poor Salt Conditions - all topics merged into one
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2015, 04:01:07 PM »
Before we get into this topic - please note:  I've seen a whole bunch of topics concerning the salt and the poor condition of it in re: racing in 2015, so I'm going to agglomerate those into one big topic.  I'm thinking that anyone wanting to see the entire picture - at least as it has been discussed here on landracing.com - will be able to read everything without having to go back and forth.  If I missed something that you find -- please let me know so I can put it here, too.

Thanks.  Jon a/k/a SSS a/k/a head Handlebar Holder, landracing.com

HI,
BOB DALTON STOPPED AT THE SALT THIS MORNING. WATER EVERYWHERE BOTH SIDES OF I 80 INCLUDING THE MEDIAN. SENT A VIDEO OF THE WAVES LAPPING ONTO THE SHORE.
VIDEO WAS TO LARGE TO POST, SORRY.
POPS
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 06:08:01 PM by Seldom Seen Slim »

Offline Stan Back

Re: Poor Salt Conditions - all topics merged into one
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2015, 04:18:47 PM »
It's June.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline BasementBorn

« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2015, 05:12:50 PM »
Early June too. Still over a month till the test an d tune. Plenty of 90+ days till then and 100+ days till speed week. Far too early to worry.
Gabe Gorton
Gorton Racing 1060 650APS-BG
Team Banana 1361 F/CPRO

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2015, 06:09:28 PM »
Maybe even some wind.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline 7800ebs

• http://quickturnparts.com/index.html
« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2015, 04:28:32 PM »
    June 5 2015  End of the Road.: http://youtu.be/Ox1KKJSlGhY

June 4, 2015 I-80 Rest Stop: http://youtu.be/Q6MIyQPcivw

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2015, 08:12:03 PM »
Blocked Plug-Ins (Guess they don't want me to see how it is).

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2015, 11:24:41 PM »
Well Stan, right now it looks like I could have a lot of fun with my jet boat. :-(
  Sid.

Offline USFRAMONTE

Re: Test-N-Tune 2015
« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2015, 12:09:41 PM »
It's time for an update.  The weather here has been hot and dry for the last several days and the long range forecast calls for more of the same. We are monitoring the salt conditions as often as we can. The water is going away but when we will be able to do some dragging has yet to be determined.  Keep your eyes on our website for official updates and status of the Test-N-Tune.  All plans are going forward at this time and we feel very good about being able to host the event.

Offline robfrey

• carbinitelsr
« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2015, 11:50:14 PM »
We here at Carbinite LSR are really hoping this happens. We have also been watching the weather but any salt reports would help. If the test and tune can not happen, it changes our strategy on how we prepare for the rest of the season drastically. Weather looks hot and dry for the next 10 days. Humidity is also projected to be in the low teens everyday which I would think would help?
496 BGS
carbinitelsr.com
carbiniteracing.com
carbinite.com

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
Re: Saving Dry Lakes Racing
« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2015, 01:52:37 PM »
Received my membership vehicle stickers.   Notice  I left room to the left for my SCTA, Gear Grinder, and 200 Club stickers.

But these are two of organizations that are leading the fight to maintain access to public lands  CORVA is mostly Ca. specific and Blue Ribbon works across the USA.

I ask that you consider joining these 2 and help in our fight for continued access.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 02:08:57 PM by SPARKY »
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline robfrey

• carbinitelsr
« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2015, 03:35:56 PM »
Next 14 days also look very good. Monte, how many days ahead of an event do you need to start course prep?
496 BGS
carbinitelsr.com
carbiniteracing.com
carbinite.com

Offline USFRAMONTE

« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2015, 05:13:01 PM »
Rob, as the plan stands now, I will be going out over the July 4th weekend and doing the course prep. The 3 day weekend will give us enough time to get the track, pits and return roads ready.
The temperature is supposed to reach 100 here this weekend. It has been plenty hot the last few days.

Offline sabat

« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2015, 09:12:20 PM »
You rock Monte.

Offline robfrey

• carbinitelsr
« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2015, 09:58:26 PM »
Thanks Monte! Btw, I agree with sabat!
496 BGS
carbinitelsr.com
carbiniteracing.com