Author Topic: Saving the Salt  (Read 548157 times)

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
Re: Saving the Salt
« Reply #1290 on: January 07, 2017, 01:06:36 PM »
one thing about Prayer---not to many levels of bureaucracy between you and the decision maker!
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1291 on: January 14, 2017, 09:54:13 AM »
The US House named the new committee members to various committees yesterday---not near as much concentration in the Western US as before---much more spread around the USA--- many of us need to learn how to become Salt Ambassadors.
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #1292 on: January 14, 2017, 09:55:57 AM »
With nall of the information we've been getting (take that for what it's worth) -- has there been any pumping?  Anyone got data and not just hearsay?
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline WOODY@DDLLC

• ECTA made it to AR-Kansas!
    • Design Dreams, LLC
« Reply #1293 on: January 14, 2017, 10:01:29 AM »
http://savethesalt.org/save-the-salt-jan-2017-update/
Also in the latest B'Ville RAcing News
All models are wrong, but some are useful! G.E. Box (1967) www.designdreams.biz

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #1294 on: January 14, 2017, 11:36:26 AM »
Woody, with all due respect -- I just went through the link you supplied and then went back and RE-read the aticle on p.2 of the latest BRN.  And now I ask AGAIN:

Is there any current news about pumping?
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline WOODY@DDLLC

• Design Dreams, LLC
« Reply #1295 on: January 14, 2017, 12:35:37 PM »
Sorry Slim, I forgot to add NAHHHHHHHHHHHHH! :cry: :x

Offline gnomenator

« Reply #1296 on: January 18, 2017, 10:52:59 AM »
Here we go another year, another reason to use our beloved salt. :cry: Some Portland ,Or boneheads are 'demanding' that ODOT begin using salt after this last fiasco, regardless of road/vehicle/ environmental issues!!  We get what, 1-2 BAD storms per season and these yo-hos think it's the end of the world. Being in the automotive repair business , but born & raised a NY'er , I know first hand (as we all do) what salt does to vehicles. So don't they have clue what the hell they are un-leashing?? I would respectfully suggest that all us left-coasters contact ODOT (as I have) to pour water on this fire before it even gets going. I'm not sure about the link below, the computer has been doing some weird things lately. Pray for great salt!!! Happy New Year !!   :cheers:

https://www.oregon.gov/ODOT/pages/headquarters.aspx
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 03:00:56 PM by SPARKY »

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1297 on: January 28, 2017, 07:16:35 AM »
AZ update:

I put my red cap and blue 3 Chapter Shirt on and went to a Post Office renaming ceremony yesterday and met with several current members of the US House of Representatives including two of the 3 AZ Congressmen who are on the House Interior Department Committee a Republican and a Democrat.  I have not met face to face with our Senator or the Ranking member of the Interior Department Committee who were not in attendance. I asked who in their office would be responsible for their Interior Committee issues here in AZ.  In each case I was either introduced or directed to their District Director & Intergovernmental Affairs person.  When I will follow up brieftly lay the ground work in person and make arrangements to bring the bill to their attention when the plan to "drop" or file it.

I have called around enough to understand we are all waiting for the new Director of the BLM to be nominated then I will go to Senator Flakes office and begin to present our case for Restoring to Preserve the Salt Flats

If we get really lucky maybe we get a CAR GUY as the head of the BLM---how sweet would that be!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 07:27:03 AM by SPARKY »

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #1298 on: January 28, 2017, 12:40:03 PM »
Jeez Mate! You go Sparky!! :cheers:
  Sid.

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #1299 on: January 28, 2017, 01:29:22 PM »
  Thanx for your great work Sparky.  Unfortunately this past week the New Administration castrated several Government bodies including the Department of Interior and they are all under review and not allowed to comment to the Press or anyone else for that matter.  And its just getting started folks.......................
                                                                                      Bob Drury
Bob Drury

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1300 on: January 28, 2017, 03:24:16 PM »
Bob--- :?  that was a bad thing??

Offline WOODY@DDLLC

• Design Dreams, LLC
« Reply #1301 on: January 28, 2017, 05:05:57 PM »
Only for the castratees!  :-o :-D

Offline joea

« Reply #1302 on: January 28, 2017, 05:31:54 PM »
yes this IS JUST GETTING STARTED...F all the naysayers....every last
one...

naysayers contribute NOTHING positive to any situation...least of all our country...

positive mojo....love trumps hate...

thanks much for positive active force Sparky...way to lead by positive example

Offline Dynoroom

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1303 on: January 28, 2017, 10:33:04 PM »
And to add a little to Sparky's comments, today at the 200 MPH Club board meeting it was brought to our attention that SEMA is ALL IN with lobby members in DC who also feel that the new head of the Dept. of Interior is a plus for racers and saving the salt flats.
We will soon be getting more info on a letter writing campaign & who to write too.

Keep up the good fight Bill...   
Michael LeFevers
Kugel and LeFevers Pontiac Firebird

Without Data You're Just Another Guy With An Opinion!

Racing is just a series of "Problem Solving" events that allow you to spend money & make noise...

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #1304 on: January 30, 2017, 01:12:52 PM »
  Let Me try to defuse this unintended bomb before it goes any farther.
  My concern is that any work that Has hopefully already been done by Save The Salt and or SEMA be set aside or pushed back by the turnover and possible restructuring of the Department of the Interior and its Underling, The BLM.
  I am not saying there is anything wrong with doing just that.  What I AM saying is that it appears ... here We go again, another slowdown or restart of the same old sh*t load of excuses for nothing happening to restore the Salt.  It's as if We are climbing a Sand Dune... three steps up, slide back down two.
  And again I give My full gratitude to EVERYONE who has given time and money to the cause. :cheers:
                                                                            Bob Drury
Bob Drury