Author Topic: Saving the Salt  (Read 548130 times)

Offline burbanite

• New folks
Re: Poor Salt Conditions - all topics merged into one
« Reply #1080 on: January 04, 2016, 09:23:51 PM »
If the Democrats are for it then the Republicans and there fore the majority will be against it.

I don't perceive it as so.  Every other Senator and Governor who has signed on in the form of letters of support of our position to the BLM have been Republicans. I don't think it's Pollyannaish to think that the minority leader signing on has done anything but to give a green light to Dems to at take our position seriously.

I'm optimistic on this one - and I'm usually not.

They smell blood in the water. Read the sentence where they suggest that the BLM might need to look at alternative sites and then offer up their own....  :evil:
Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #1081 on: January 04, 2016, 09:42:19 PM »
If the Democrats are for it then the Republicans and there fore the majority will be against it.

I don't perceive it as so.  Every other Senator and Governor who has signed on in the form of letters of support of our position to the BLM have been Republicans. I don't think it's Pollyannaish to think that the minority leader signing on has done anything but to give a green light to Dems to at take our position seriously.

I'm optimistic on this one - and I'm usually not.

They smell blood in the water. Read the sentence where they suggest that the BLM might need to look at alternative sites and then offer up their own....  :evil:

I don't have a problem with the Nevada contingent supporting the Utah position, but gently reminding the Utah contingent that Utah may not be the only option.

It's almost as if we're being courted . . .  :wink: 
"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1082 on: January 10, 2016, 01:43:18 PM »
Article in the NY Times today about the Western States trying to get control of their Public Lands the Federal Govt. failed to give them when they joined the Union of Sates we know as the United States of America

The Larger, but Quieter Than Bundy, Push to Take Over Federal Land

By JACK HEALY and KIRK JOHNSONJAN. 10, 2016
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Online manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #1083 on: January 10, 2016, 02:16:34 PM »
The latest edition of Hemmings has a short article on the salt deterioration. Word is filtering out- I've met even non-racers who seem to have heard somewhere about the BSF problems.

Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ
Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

Online Stan Back

« Reply #1084 on: January 10, 2016, 02:54:47 PM »
FlatCader Buddy Walker sent me pictures he took today at El Mirage.  No, wait, it's Bonneville . . .
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Online Stan Back

« Reply #1085 on: January 10, 2016, 03:12:22 PM »
Let's see. Third time's a charm?
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #1086 on: January 10, 2016, 04:21:33 PM »
To keep it honest here, that pic is misleading & was taken from the east bound side of the freeway showing the dirty gap between it & the west bound side.
  Sid.

Offline crawford

« Reply #1087 on: January 11, 2016, 05:32:26 PM »
like they say "I can explain it to you but I cant make you understand'!
Current Mayor of Wendover Utah, and life long race fan. owns Wendover Carquest auto-parts.

Offline joea

« Reply #1088 on: January 11, 2016, 07:10:12 PM »
were all ears to hear the explanation of the amt of salt on Intrepid side
of I 80...and how they are pumping more back onto the salt that they removed,
and how the "salt crust is still there" .....

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #1089 on: January 13, 2016, 04:16:51 PM »
Anybody following the BLM mess in Nevada & Oregon?
  Sid.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1RAoWBp5sk

Offline Ron Gibson

« Reply #1090 on: January 13, 2016, 05:25:04 PM »
When there was a salt crust on the flats, there was also a visible crust on the area between the east and west lanes. The area between is just the bottom of the lake with the highway right away built up on it. Drove across it 8 time a month from 1972 on.

Ron
Life is an abrasive. Whether you get ground away or polished to a shine depends on what you are made of.

Offline 38flattie

• http://www.flatcadracing.org/
« Reply #1091 on: January 16, 2016, 06:03:32 AM »
The pic was from the east bound lane, and most of what you see is in the median

What the pic does not show is the fact that wherever the lake was not covered in water, it looked EXACTLY like the median......
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead. -- RFC 1925

You can't make a race horse out of a pig. But if you work hard enough at it you can make a mighty fast pig. - Bob Akin

http://www.flatcadracing.org/
http://youtu.be/89rVb497_4c

Offline WOODY@DDLLC

• ECTA made it to AR-Kansas!
    • Design Dreams, LLC
« Reply #1092 on: January 16, 2016, 10:39:27 AM »
Sounds like Made Up Drama to me!  :-D MUD! :-o :cry:
All models are wrong, but some are useful! G.E. Box (1967) www.designdreams.biz

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1093 on: January 18, 2016, 09:07:22 AM »
As I continue to follow and work on the Public Land Issue here in AZ I am happy to say that Az's Gov. has appointed someone to follow this issue, thankfully I have know her for several years. 

AS soon as the written plan is published I will take the responsibility of gathering all of the Az  LSR racers signatures I can and will then send it to Gov. Ducey requesting his support of this plan. Requesting a letter from him to  Az's  US representatives and Senators, stating his support.

We have 3 Reps. and I US Senator who are on committees overseeing the BLM, I will then work with other racers in these Representatives  various districts and the Senators offices in the districts where we have LSR racers.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 10:38:15 AM by SPARKY »
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline tauruck

« Reply #1094 on: January 18, 2016, 10:22:50 AM »
Sounds like plan Sparky. :cheers:

I may be in Africa but Bonneville is important to me too in many ways.

Thanks for doing what you are. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: