Author Topic: Show of hands for Speedweek  (Read 23202 times)

Offline Elmo Rodge

Show of hands for Speedweek
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2006, 02:37:47 PM »
I'll be there crewing for Wilson and Waters. This time I'll be driving my '36 from my new home in Utah. Hey Nick, have you talked Double D into showing up? Wayno

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2006, 02:41:21 PM »
NA3- since '96. before that '88. took some long breaks...may take them again...JD (getting to be too many lawyers. :( )
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline sirstude

« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2006, 04:57:38 PM »
As the consumate lurker that I am, I will be there with a couple of friends including one salt virgin.

Doug
Doug Strong

Hooley (974) lets me work on his car.

Offline NArias3

• Arias Components
    • Arias Components Engineered
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2006, 05:15:00 PM »
Quote from: Elmo Rodge
I'll be there crewing for Wilson and Waters. This time I'll be driving my '36 from my new home in Utah. Hey Nick, have you talked Double D into showing up? Wayno

Hi Wayne-
Looking forward to seeing you there.  Yes, DD will make his first salt excursion.  I guarantee he'll be hooked.

Nick 3rd.
SCTA Gear Grinder.

https://ariascomponents.com

JohnR

« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2006, 06:14:31 PM »
Quote from: sirstude
As the consumate lurker that I am, I will be there with a couple of friends including one salt virgin.

Doug

Doug,

You have been a member since 04 and only have 13 posts??

Thats lurking big time. You should jump in more often, you don't even need to say anything coherent, Just look at Jack!

(calm down jack, it was just a joke.....)

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2006, 06:20:38 PM »
We'll be there with the San Berdoo Roadsters running D/STR against our own record again this year.  We're ready -- heck, we've been ready since last year.  We still need to see if the changes we made last year work, as we don't think the course was in great shape to make direct comparisons.  The only notable thing we did in '05 was maybe being the first car to go the whole 5+ miles on Saturday.  It's the car's 51st anniversary of its salt debut.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline hitz

« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2006, 06:42:03 PM »
Going to try to make it for Salt talk. Looks like we are going to try the Bend with our 24' travel trailer. Was too late to get in at KOA. We didn't make it in 2005 but in 2004 KOA was only about 30% full. Could it be that LSR is more popular than ever or does it have something to do with the Munro film?

Looking forward to meeting the people on this forum!

Should be staying home and spending the time and money on the lakester but have to go see some of the new cars.

Hope to meet you all there :D

Harv

Offline KeithTurk

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2006, 10:46:13 PM »
We'll be there with the "Hot Rod Spl. " with a Wide motor in it... nothing fancy... just a dead stock 572 crate motor... oh and if that doesn't work... we got a Bottle that says it WILL...

K
Keith Turk
 D Gas Modified Sports
 246.555 mph

Offline lvsalt

• http://www.dcwaterjet.com
« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2006, 10:08:30 AM »
#549   F/BFMS will be there, just finishing minor things (trailer)
            Ecotec ready to go, looking forward to better salt than last
            year. :D
Gary Cole     DCWATERJET Z

Offline Rex Schimmer

• Only time and money prevent completion!
I'll BE THERE!!
« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2006, 12:52:45 PM »
Plan to be at the Salt late Friday morning and staying till Wed! Will be camping at "Bend in the Road" Not able to get my street roadster done this year so will not be driving it. Probably better any how as I can carry lots more camping stuff in my Durango.

Looks to be a great year!!!

Rex Schimmer
Rex

Not much matters and the rest doesn't matter at all.

Offline NArias3

• Arias Components
    • Arias Components Engineered
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2006, 07:07:27 PM »
WOW! Great response, group. Looks like Team Landracing will be out in full force. Monday morning we'll wear our Salt Talks T-shirts with pride (try not to spill mustard, beer, etc. on 'em Sunday night). :wink:

Hopefully we'll see some of our International contingent real soon.

Nick 3rd.
SCTA Gear Grinder.

https://ariascomponents.com

bak189

« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2006, 10:04:28 PM »
NO, we will not be there.....we are going for shorter lines...more runs....and National (AMA) and World (FIM) records this year...(BUB).
however, best of luck to all running Speedweek.  (but I will be missing seeing Tom Evans, next year for sure)

Offline fastnlo

• New folks
« Reply #42 on: July 26, 2006, 12:21:37 AM »
I'll be there again... I got there the day after it rained last year... I never even got to hear or see a car run..

I'll be looking for the same things as last year: where people put fuel shutoff valves in coupes...  how people set up dual fire systems... the best way to set up suicide door safety locks to allow safety personnel access... which parachute is best for my application...  to determine if I should be in A/GCC class....  frame gussets...  to see if a street driven car can be competitive against a pure race car....  or just see if I should just try and run for time only... or maybe see if I can run faster (with the air on) than that old boy that owns Vintage Air in his fast Studebaker!!  I have a lot of pictures to take and people to talk to! lol

But most of all... I just want to be with people who love cars and love to go fast.

I have got a lot done to my coupe this last year but still have those little things left that eat up so much time....  tig welding and working by yourself sure is slow.

Fastnlo

Offline DKA

« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2006, 07:41:50 AM »
I'll be there(fourth year in a row) and bringing a vehicle for the first time.  The new magneto hasn't arrived yet, so I might be assembling it on the salt.  I'm sure I'm not the first one.  I look forward to seeing and talking with everyone that I've gotten to know through this site and the email list.
See you there!
David
If it can be built, it can be raced.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Who's going?
« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2006, 08:44:39 AM »
Hey, David -- Nancy and I look forward to seeing you on the Salt.  Will this be your first time?  Shall we save a spot for you to pit?  Think your bike will stay that nice and shiny once it gets a patina of salt on it?

We were planning on leaving Marquette Saturday, the 5th, but ow it looks like we might head out a few days early and go to Wendover by way of Scranton, Pennsylvania.  We decided the 1,800-mile trek just wasn't long enough -- so we'll take the "scenic" route.  We still plan to arrive at the Salt by Tuesday afernoon, 8 August -- flat hineys (from all that sitting in the truck) and all.  See you all soon.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com