Author Topic: Show of hands for Speedweek  (Read 23203 times)

Offline NArias3

• Arias Components
    • Arias Components Engineered
Show of hands for Speedweek
« on: July 23, 2006, 04:29:44 PM »
According to Jon's countdown clock (kinda like the Times Square ball-drop), we have less than 20 days until Speedweek.

1) Let's have a show of Landracing.com hands for who's going to be there (with vehicle or not).

2) How about a update on all these new projects we've heard about? Are you gonna make it, IE: Sum, Dynoroom, Sights, Treit, etc?

3) What are your goals for this Speedweek (Licensing, Class(es)), target records, etc)?

Nick 3rd.
SCTA Gear Grinder.

https://ariascomponents.com

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
show
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2006, 04:33:01 PM »
Glen will be there hoping we have a record number of fast runs :D
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2006, 04:35:06 PM »
I will be there, and my camera's are ready for some more high speed picture at the 6 mile marker......
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

Offline NArias3

• Arias Components
    • Arias Components Engineered
Salt Talks seating survey?
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2006, 04:37:19 PM »
Remember...this will also help Jon adjust his Burger and Hot Dog inventory. :wink:

Nick 3rd.
SCTA Gear Grinder.

https://ariascomponents.com

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2006, 04:52:18 PM »
I'll be there with Hooley and the Stude.  We hope we have a chance at the B/BGCC record of 232.  He ran 219 2 years ago on alcohol with a motor that has a lot less HP than we have now.  Last year with the current motor he ran 212, but was only able to get up to 28-30% throttle (recorded with the data logger) before it wanted to change directions :cry: .  I'm starting to see just how hard these records are to get and admire everyone who has one all the more :D .

Hope to see a lot of you there (on the salt or at the "bend in the road").  We will try and pit next to the track way at the north end of the pits, so if anyone gets a chance stop and say hi.

I sure hope I'm there next August with the lakester I'm building.  It seems possible, but there is a long ways to go on it.

See you guys soon,

Sum

Offline bigtim44

• NaCl addict
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2006, 05:09:34 PM »
Our bunch of Funnytalkers will be there,running the model A Sedan #622,which I think holds the slowest AA engine speed record  :lol:
 We have a new 540ci motor which may or may not be fitted by speedweek, either way we'll have fun racing.
Tim
Salty Box Racing #622 B/DT

JohnR

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2006, 05:25:37 PM »
I'll be there with the #529 Civic. Still got the 1487cc engine running turbocharged and on methanol. Still putting it back together after destroying the top end at the June lakes meet. Funny, but it really didn't seem that hurt from the outside, other than the water coming out of the turbo inlet...

Last year we bumped the H/BFALT record to 195.818 and this year are going all out for a 200+ record. If the course is good (or at least no bad...) and I manage to keep all the parts INSIDE the engine then we got a fair shot.

Will also debut our new vintage motorcycle, #5291B. All you guys on the bikes seem to be having so much fun we thought we would join you...

Offline RICK

20 days?
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2006, 06:08:08 PM »
The plan is to go. I'm still a long way from having a done car. I can't remember who told me "The Devil is in the details."  But they were sure right.  To make things even worst,,,,,big storm come thru and just got power back after 3 days.

I haven't fired the motor yet. Sure hope it runs.
  No windows yet.
  Paint would be nice, but I'm sure it wouldn't be the first car to race in gelcoat and primer.
  I'm gonna try to wire and plumb it tonight,,,,if the electric stays on.
So the plan is to go. If not,,,,,,,,I guess theres always WOS and world finals?

Hope to see you guys there,   I'm still trying!

Thanks     RICK
It's not over, it's just harder.

landracing

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2006, 06:35:17 PM »
Ill be there, in some form.. With bike, without bike, with wife, without wife... Some fashion or another...

If you look at Ricks picture, seems he may have a problem I have.. A chair next to race vehicle.. Seems right now im spending more time looking at it from the chair then working on it... Most major things are done, and like others it's the small stuff that is just taking the time...

Still waiting on a few parts, the the major stuff is done until I get those parts, then fitting those and testing the wiring... Dont know either if it runs or not but it sure looks as though it's getting close..

Jon

Offline Dynoroom

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2006, 07:07:55 PM »
I wouldn't miss Speed Week! Now as for the new car well...maybe World Finials... :(
Michael LeFevers
Kugel and LeFevers Pontiac Firebird

Without Data You're Just Another Guy With An Opinion!

Racing is just a series of "Problem Solving" events that allow you to spend money & make noise...

Offline Leon

• http://www.ridgenet.net/~biesiade/
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2006, 07:28:31 PM »
We'll be there sittin under the yellow EZ up at the 4 mile mark.  That's when we're not walking around the pits looking at everything.

Offline Bob Jr.

Hands!!!
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2006, 07:41:19 PM »
Hey Nick III,

We used to come off the dyno 12 hours before it was time to go :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:

As for my new modified....

I am in the same boat as Dyno :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

It's in the tin shop and I think the World finals is dooooable :D  :D  :D

Besides it gave me time to fix Prozac & The Bagladies car  Mona after July @ El Mirage!!!

Still will be @ Speed week, as you know the best tasting beer of the year is the 1st one on the salt :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

See the rest of you there!!!!!!!!!!!
Bob Sights Jr.

"Speed is no object price is the problem"

Gear Grinder

624 G/BSTR 171.173 El Mirage

627 H/BFMR Bville 176.787, H/BGMR Bville 181.089 G/BFMR El Mirage 180.10, G/BGMR El Mirage 187.534

"Worlds fastest to the cooler of beer"

Offline jauguston

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2006, 08:37:41 PM »
I'll be there. First time spectator. Will be standing on the observation platform I built for the roof of my blue Suzuki Samurai. Can't wait !!

Jim
Retired Operating Engineer
Bellingham WA.

Offline turborick

• Go as fast as we can with as little as we can
    • http://www.bonnevillestreamliner.com
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2006, 09:46:20 PM »
car #988 will be there now that we have new goodyears.
we are hoping to go around 360 to 370 mph with our big  :wink: (1520cc) engine. I hope we have our transmission and drive chain problems worked out. come by and say hi

Se Ya there Rick
Rick Yacoucci

The new Nebulous Theorem 3.5 #788
http://www.bonnevillestreamliner.com

Offline DCarr511

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2006, 10:27:19 PM »
I'll be there as a spectator again and will set up camp at the 2 1/4 mile mark.