Author Topic: SaltTalks Tshirts 06  (Read 10898 times)

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
WALKING ?
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2006, 12:14:33 PM »
Read it again.
I said walking in the shoes and never mentioned taking them off.
I am POSITIVE that you don't even have to take your shirt off to bare your soul.
"If you miss the boat, I suggest you positively learn to swim right away,"

Q:  Is everybody happy now ?
A:  NO
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

Offline mtkawboy

SaltTalks Tshirts 06
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2006, 12:46:04 PM »
The simple fact that they did it and are bragging about indicates to me that they dont care, or am I missing something ? Joe Average will believe that they really did something and thats all that matters to them. Somewhat like the Ridgeline winning Motor Trends truck of the year which it isnt and they cant give them away. Both feats bought  and paid for.

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
SHOPPING AROUND
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2006, 12:52:39 PM »
They are already shopping around various NASCAR interests to develop their truck program.
I am glad I know a lot of people that are not average.

OOPS, wrong thread. It positively has been a busy day.
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
SaltTalks Tshirts 06
« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2006, 12:53:33 PM »
so some folks on the list didn't get theirs. CRAP! SORRY!

Jon (W), I hope I was not one of this (un)lucky on the list - and Nancy or you kept my one...after I couldn't join the 2005 meet.....and for now...here my order for the 2006...one XL......thanks in advance.....the 2006 looks really great.
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Shirt
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2006, 01:36:24 PM »
Well, yeah, you were, but Tonya's supply will come to the rescue -- she's already promised to hold one out for you.  XL -- and she'll have it with her.

Gotta go get the last of the stuff I need to complete installing AM-FM-tape and a CB in the new trailer.  We're going to have tunes and Ch. 1 and everything!
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline bbb

• Aerodynamically Challenged
  • JorNic Motorsports
    • JorNic Motorsports, Charlottesville, Va.
SaltTalks Tshirts 06
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2006, 02:17:54 PM »
ya, reserve one to me. I will mail out my t-'s to you monday with the cash to cover the '06 salttalks shirt.
thanks again.

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
SaltTalks Tshirts 06
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2006, 03:28:46 PM »
but Tonya's supply will come to the rescue

it surprise me again and again, how the speed community takes care for there German speed fan, wonderful, thank you
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
Salt Talks
« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2006, 09:19:58 AM »
The pasties are here, the pasties are here!  The nice lady from Nylund's Foods in Crystal Falls, Michigan, just delivered 85 frozen 8-oz. beef pasties.  They're tucked in the deep freezer already, awaiting the ride to Salt Talks '06, along with about 140 hamburger patties and a whole bunch of hot dogs and bratwurst.  I've got a few more 'burgers to prepare -- want to have at least 150 or so on hand when the feeding frenzy begins (or, as a buddy puts it, when the bait pile is laid out).  

Salt Talks is two weeks from tomorrow night, boys and girls -- get ready.  There are about 130 shirts on the way, too, and gift items for the 50/50 drawing are accumulating (but still solicited.  If you've got a team t-shirt or someting else you'd care to donate to the drawing, plese let me know.  We'll be leaving Marquette in only a few more days, so mailing the stuff to me probably won't work -- just bring it with you to the Salt.).  The drawing will be a benefit fund-raiser for landracing.com, so give early and give often.

And look forward to the pasties!
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
Re: Salt Talks
« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2006, 11:01:29 AM »
Quote from: Seldom Seen Slim
............  If you've got a team t-shirt or someting else you'd care to donate to the drawing, plese let me know.  We'll be leaving Marquette in only a few more days, so mailing the stuff to me probably won't work -- just bring it with you to the Salt.).  The drawing will be a benefit fund-raiser for landracing.com, so give early and give often.

Jon plan on me bringing some items from the store for the drawing.  I wrote it on one of my notes, now if I just remember to check the notes 8) .

c ya, Sum

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
Salt Talks charcoal grill
« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2006, 02:42:47 PM »
There's good news and bad news for hot food at Salt Talks:  I got the charcoal grill, made from a pair of 55-gallon oil drums, all done, thanks to my buddy Bud up here who had some spare time.  It's absolutely butt-ugly, but oughta work fine to cook for us.

BUT - the shop that was going to supply us with a 2' x 3' piece of expanded metal for the grill itself (on which the food rests while cooking, if you know what I mean) -- didn't get it.  So either we're going to have to skewer the hot dogs on welding rod and make up some screwball method to heat burgers and pasites -- or one of you could be kind and bring some mesh, some grating, some heavy expanded metal -- something we can use.  There are brackets around the drum on which the grill can rest, and a support across the middle so there won't be too much sag -- but we need the metal itself.

Nancy and I leave Marquette tomorrow morning for the long (extra long -- we're going to take the 3,000-mile scenic route from here to Bendover via Pennsylvania), so I won't be able to check the mail much, if at all.  Someone either get back to me by tomorrow morning to confirm that you've got it handled -- or just show up on the Salt with the stuff, okay?  I suppose I should ask you to post on here that you're taking care of it -- so eleventeen of you don't all arrive with metal for us.

Thanks.  See you at Salt Talks!
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
Charcoal grill
« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2006, 02:56:31 PM »
Make that a "nominal" 2' x 3' -- then I measured and realized that you guys will take me seriously, so I'd better give you accurate measurements.

21" x 31 1/2" is what I shoulda said for the grill metal.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
salt talks
« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2006, 07:42:30 PM »
The grill for the bar b q has been handled. Sparky is bringing one. Thanks Sparky
 :D
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Rex Schimmer

• Only time and money prevent completion!
Back up!
« Reply #42 on: August 01, 2006, 11:35:14 PM »
Seldom and Glen,
If you need a back up I have a nice piece of heavy expanded that is not flattened, I'll cut a chunk for a back up!!!

Rex
Rex

Not much matters and the rest doesn't matter at all.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
Salt Talks Grill
« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2006, 07:26:22 AM »
Rex:

Bring it!  The grill I'm bringing along is going to live in Wendover from now on -- it's being "donated", and the thing will stay, during the off-season, in the USFRA storage unit (or some other place out there).  I don't know about Sparky's grill, but mine will become a permanent fixture, so we'll need to install that metal and be ready to abandon it to the gods of corrosion and hamburger grease.

Thanks.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline bbb

• Aerodynamically Challenged
  • JorNic Motorsports
    • JorNic Motorsports, Charlottesville, Va.
SaltTalks Tshirts 06
« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2006, 12:46:08 AM »
jon, you get my package?