Author Topic: SaltTalks Tshirts 06  (Read 10900 times)

landracing

SaltTalks Tshirts 06
« on: July 20, 2006, 02:45:30 PM »
Here is the final proof for the Salt Talks 2006 Tshirts..

Salt Talks is scheduled for Sunday August 13, 2006 around 6pm at the Bend in the Road on the way to the salt...

Hope to see you all there, to shake hands, tell lies and have a few drinks and BBQ and laugh about all the bantar on the boards and internet... Bring your own beer...

Lets have some fun..

This year again is going to be hosted by Jon and Nancy Wennerberg and Landracing.com..

There is No charge for you to come or eat, but we do ask but not required, for donations for the website and the BBQ to cover the costs..

Jonathan Amo

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
Salt talks
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2006, 02:57:51 PM »
Jon
Great looking shirt, good selection of vehicles.
Glen :D
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Salt Talks '06
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2006, 03:21:00 PM »
See also the "news release" I just sent to Jonathon to post on the current news part of landracing.com (he'll post it soon).  The story gives some details and background.  It even mentions you, Glen. . .

Yeah, the artwork is great this year, and the choice of vehicles recognizes (as usual) some very dedicated racers.  There are over 100 t-shirts on order, even some ladies' shirts, so get to the Salt Talks early and get yours before we run out.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
SaltTalks Tshirts 06
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2006, 03:25:13 PM »
NICE JOB :D
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

landracing

SaltTalks Tshirts 06
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2006, 04:23:47 PM »
Okay, it?s official ? the biggest event of SpeedWeek is inevitable now.  We?ve gone ahead and ordered the t-shirts and the pasties for Salt Talks ?06.  We?re committed (maybe we should be committed, but that?s another story).

Salt Talks is the ?official? land speed gathering, picnic, and bull session.  Jon Amo, the proprietor of landracing.com, started Salt Talks six SpeedWeeks ago as an event for all the racers that keep in touch through his website and the land-speed email list ? to get together in person at least once a year.  Salt Talks is held Sunday of SpeedWeek at the ?bend in the road?, starting late in the afternoon as racing winds down for the day.  We sure hope you?ll all be there to join in the party.

We?ll have food, of course.  I?ve got about 150 hamburgers and darn near that many hot dogs already, and yesterday I placed the order for 80 pasties.  You don?t know what?s a pasty?  Show up at Salt Talks and you?ll find out.  (Hint:  It?s something you eat, not something that strippers wear).  We?ll also have chips and pop on ice, of course ? you?re on your own to bring anything else you want.

I?m planning on bringing a brand-new 55-gallon oil drum-cum-charcoal grill to cook all this stuff (I?ll try to get most of the drain oil out of the drum before we light the fire, just for Glen Barrett?s sake).  Sparky has volunteered his XM radio for tunes, Tom and Kathy Shannon do lots of the chores, Ellen Wilkinson may return to cook, too. Nancy will be flitting about selling t-shirts, and we hope to heck someone will bring lighting so we don?t have to quit at dusk.  It?s quite a party ? last year we had about 200 people there.  It?s all by donation ? there?ll be a can for you to toss in a buck or two if you can, and if you don?t have it with you ? that?s okay, catch us later.  We?re there to have a fine time and?

?oh, yeah, there?ll be a lie detector on-site, so there?ll be no room for telling stories about how fast you used to be, or how fast you?re going to go, or how fast you would have gone if the motor didn?t break, or how fast you thought you went but Glen must have read the clocks wrong.  Nope, no BS-ing allowed (HAH!)

Something new this year will be a 50/50 drawing.  Here?s what I?ve got in mind:  We?ll sell tickets ? and draw a bunch of numbers, not just one.  Winning tickets will get souvenirs that I?ve cadged from some of the race teams (T-shirts, maybe a coffee mug or a poster, stuff like that), and the money winner will get half the pot.  The other half will be a donation to Jonathon Amo & landracing.com ? to help him keep on giving us the opportunity to stay in touch.  Plan on buying a bunch of tickets, maybe on winning something.  We?ll all win ? we?ll all have a fine time (assuming the wind doesn?t blow us all the way to Salt Lake City like it did a couple of years ago).

See you on the Salt!

(Signed):  Mr. & Mrs. Seldom Seen Slim, a/k/a Nancy & Jon Wennerberg

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
salt talks
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2006, 04:51:08 PM »
Jon
Don't forget the name tags, we don't want Wes to spray names on forheads so we know who is who. Good job by all who make this happen.
Glen :twisted:
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
HOPFULLY
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2006, 07:24:24 PM »
I hope it doesn't conflict with the annual MC interest meeting hosted by SCTA.
I am going to need a new name tag because the old one has a bullet hole in it and I forgot what it said.
Can you guys help and suggest something it might say to make it easy ?
 :wink:
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
salt talks
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2006, 07:32:33 PM »
Be careful Jack or the next name tag might have a bigger target on it. :twisted:
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
TARGETING ?
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2006, 07:40:11 PM »
Muzzle flash works both ways.
If you don't have the steady aim and the required range is could be bad for you for sure.
A bullet hole through a name tag does little to thick skin I have found. :wink:
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."

Offline KeithTurk

• Global Moderator
SaltTalks Tshirts 06
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2006, 12:38:09 AM »
Wow Jon... just relized my car was on it... thank you ... We both appreciate it...  Tonya's like... yeah I knew that... LOL... dang woman... think she'd tell me eh?

Keith
Keith Turk
 D Gas Modified Sports
 246.555 mph

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
MONEY ?
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2006, 12:43:02 AM »
Quote from: KeithTurk
Wow Jon... just realized my car was on it... thank you ... We both appreciate it...  Tonya's like... yeah I knew that... LOL... dang woman... think she'd tell me eh?

Keith

How did she explain what she did with all the money ? :wink:

Offline GH

salt talk t-shirts
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2006, 09:30:56 AM »
Sounds great, the Hart Racing crew will be there... Thanks

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
SaltTalks Tshirts 06
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2006, 10:26:18 AM »
because the old one has a bullet hole in it

Was this name tag in black and white......I mean a lot of black circle - all with the same centerpoint on white background....... :D
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
FREEBI
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2006, 11:48:56 AM »
Ya, that's it. I got it free from somebody. they said it was special for the guest entertainment and was a lifetime deal.
 I coulda fixed the bullet hole but when the guy tried to light the signal fire with it and me still attached, I couldn't save it.
This year should be special with some kids there like Sean , Bill , and Greg that grew up around there.
 Chips off the old block, all of them.

Offline Stan Back

SaltTalks Tshirts 06
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2006, 03:16:03 PM »
Are you gonna buy a T-Shirt, Jack?
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records