Author Topic: driving technique  (Read 6249 times)

Offline Stan Back

Re: driving technique
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2006, 03:51:42 PM »
836 D/STR

Tom --

Did you get a PM I sent you this morning?  I'm having trouble navigating this new maze. 

Stan
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline 836dstr

« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2006, 09:01:14 PM »
Stan,

Yes I did, and I replied, I think. It looked like there were 2 ways of replying; there was a "reply" button that I used, and also a link. I may have to try it again.

In addition to this, my wife clicked on "Microsoft updates" that totally changed the signon page and my path to "Favorites" . I finally figured it out and neither ones of us has received any fatal injuries. Isn't technology great !

Tom

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2006, 03:42:34 PM »
Tom --

Well, I didn't get your reply -- and my out box didn't show that I'd even sent you a PM.  So we'll see each other in a few months and I guess we better not take up everyone's time with our (non)PM's.

Stan
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Richard Thomason

• http://www.dannyboystreamliner.com
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2006, 06:43:32 PM »
Don't know if this is applicable to anyone else's car, but in "85" we had a little incident at around 280. The car rolled 30+ times for over 0.6 miles. I have pictures of it upside down and backwards at 30 feet above the ground. The story behind the crash is a whole different issue but when it flew, the body twisted and the hatch flew off. The sun came streaming in and it was very serene. I thought-wow- this car crashing is a piece of cake. I noticed that I still had hold of the steering wheel and said to myself-"you dummy let go or you will break your fingers and/or thunbs". Didn't breakl anything, but it was quite a ride. When you have lost control, YOU HAVE LOST CONTROL. Not much you can do. Brace yourself and cross your arms over your chest. A good prayer is also always quite useful.