Author Topic: Honda...if you care  (Read 27205 times)

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
Honda...if you care
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2006, 02:53:12 PM »
As I wrote,

commercial record breaking for someone who has a problem to get in the Formula 1 a proper product on the race course.

The trick is:

When Honda now advertise this by paid media, everybody on the road is thinking:

WOOOWWWW

Why?

1. lack of knowing that a 1 liter standard Bonneville record breaker would blow him away - in other words, the record is a big joke.

2. lack of knowing that at a race course like Monza the Formula 1 was much faster than this speed, not thinking about the big high speed courses in the state.

For the growth this is damn fast, this is a simple PR manager trick record,

or call it a wonderful manipulate big success for the average person on the road..... :?

Jack you be right, but it's not necessary to get a big neck for that, you can't blame the public for that.

We are everyday manipulate from politics and advertisment illusion.
Here we can see the illusion, because we are a part of this sport.
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
FAULTLESS ?
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2006, 03:08:13 PM »
You can expect Honda to do exactly as they did.
The greatest fault I find with the production was the willingness of principals
in the sport to so easily fall prey to such a circus at the expense of those that hold it in higher esteem.

I hope that translates into German OK, I already have the French and Japanese response to it and they did pretty good.
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
Honda...if you care
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2006, 03:23:32 PM »
Jack,

for sure I know what you mean.......the German translation would be one word.... :? .....better I write this one not...... :wink:
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
SAME NEWS MACHINE, DIFFERENT DAY
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2006, 12:37:38 PM »
Today I am hearing they went 250.
What a wonderful return on their investment.
Nothing has changed has it ?
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
Honda...if you care
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2006, 03:30:06 PM »
Jack, it's still a joke.

Under race condition the Formula 1 run at Monza a speed from 375 kph - this 25 kph less than this speed, and the cars at Monza got the whole aerodynamic pack on, to go fast around the race course, high speed corners like the famous Parabolica...so what's this record worth :?  :(
Pork Pie

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
WELL
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2006, 07:04:42 PM »
Worth you say ?
The F1 community thinks it is a laffer and beneath their standards.
That opinion carries forward from the fans to the F1CA people.
More reaction continues to come in from the Real World and it is not too kind.
While it seems the budget was endless, the result was priceless.
Things were mentioned like winning lone races and jumping canyons.
Sad Day :wink:

Offline Freud

HONDA
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2006, 12:08:55 PM »
Put this in the same bag as the Honda Hawk from years past.

Well the Hawk did get the award for "highest in the air" before they ate humble pie.

FREUD
Since '63

dwarner

Honda...if you care
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2006, 08:08:27 PM »
I'm confused as to why a FIA class minimum has to be established when an existing record of 201 was held by Jeff Nish over 19 years ago?

By the end of the week the team had run over 400K three times, just couldn't put two laps together over 400K.

The team ran an easy 412+K at Victorville prior to returning to Bonneville. The tarmac setup does not easily transfer to the salt as very few on this board would know. Tires may be a limiting factor in going fast on salt, do some homework.

Why do people continue to think that every vehicle that runs at Bonneville must be classified in a SCTA-BNI class? We had the same discussion last year on this very subject.

The engine was certified at 11:30 last night by a FIA Techical Rep and Dave Petralli of USAC, the sanctioning body for ACCUS/FIA.

The return of official paperwork to the entrant is now in the hands of FIA - Paris.

This team worked as hard as any team who has ever run the salt. They should be respected and welcomed into the community. When the story surfaces, from Jack D as he has the inside of the F1 group, many will be impressed rather than depressed.

My mother told me that if I didn't have something nice to say, don't say anything. Good philosiphy?

DW

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
Stunt
« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2006, 11:18:47 PM »
The FIA class directly transfers to an existing 200 club standard and it was lowered for the benefit of the slow vehicle.
My attention has been directed to a number of comments from the F1 community and I have yet to see a positive response to the effort.
 SCTA works under minimums and FIA does not.
 Does that sound an alarm or rattle change in the pocket ?

dwarner

Honda...if you care
« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2006, 12:01:45 AM »
I still don't understand. The FIA record was 19 years old. Where was the club standard lowered?

DW

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
MINIMUMS ?
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2006, 12:38:35 AM »
It would appear the 2 club has a lower minimum than the existing equivalent record in SCTA.
 Does it apply to FIM and AMA also ?
Is SCTA held to a higher standard ?
Perhaps

dwarner

Honda...if you care
« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2006, 02:48:47 AM »
The car ran an FIA record not a BNI record. No movement of speeds was done. I am still confused, seems simple to me. What are you driving at?

DW

dwarner

Honda...if you care
« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2006, 02:51:48 AM »
Read the bylaws.

At the board meeting this issue was discussed, Pat Kinne responded to Jon Amo several weeks ago that a FIM record will get a rider into the club. Pat has asked Jon if he received his email and so far no response has been heard.

Whats going on? No communication between posters on this board?

DW

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
one question
« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2006, 03:59:36 AM »
One question to one individual with one answer will take you one step.
What do you do if you take all the required steps and get a bad answer ?
Ask it around here and you might get multiple answers, some better than others
but at least the information is out front and subject to a number of observations.
 Get it wrong and you can expect a number to chime in to correct it.
Most all of the discussion around here about the 2 club has been to raise
and keep the standards high and not be subject to so many various influences but treat everybody the same.
The answer related to AMA remains to be seen.
An SCTA record at 201 for example does little to influence the 2 club that sets their own minimum that might be higher.
 Bless it with FIA and all of that seems to change.

dwarner

Honda...if you care
« Reply #44 on: July 23, 2006, 12:10:32 PM »
So you advocate taking all FIA records and adjusting them to meet BNI records whether the record be higher or lower than the equivilant class?

And, because the FIA class structure sometimes does not directly transfer to SCTA-BNI classes you guess and call the FIA guy some kind of BNI guy.

DW