Author Topic: Honda...if you care  (Read 27209 times)

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
MINIMUM ?
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2006, 11:09:56 AM »
If the SCTA record and 2 Club is over 3 and the FIA record that is open is set at 201, they are blessed by the Club because they are FIA and more important.
I think I get it.
While the SCTA might be insulted, I always sorta knew it.
I also think not as much has changed as I had hoped for with the Bye Bye Laws..

Wanna buy a shirt ?
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
Honda...if you care
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2006, 11:22:52 AM »
Due to this, that the Honda is 2005 version, it had to be a 3 liter engine - what I have to smile - the 3 liter Formula 1 racer runs on the long starting straight of Monza/Italy faster than this record and this during the race :?   :? Where is there a record :wink:

But this is Commercial Racing, do something for the publicity if you can't be successful on the race track.

The big wheels will be the real troublemaker - no chance for grip.
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

Offline Pat Kinne / Salt201

• Global Moderator
2 Club / FIA
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2006, 11:24:09 AM »
Jack - The by-laws are written to act as a blue print for the operation of our Club.  To say that an FIA Record is not valid for inclusion when the WRITTEN RULES governing the Clubs operation state that it is is not a very bright assement.  As you know BNI/SCTA Records are not hte same as FIA nor are the classes defined in the same way.  One does not have much to do with the other.  The FIA record was set at the Bonneville Salt Flats and as such we are obligated to recognize it.  Would you be suggesting that we change the by-laws after the fact?? Seems like you are anyway.  LET THE CANNONS LOOSE!!!!  - Pat Kinne

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
STANDARDS ?
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2006, 11:36:41 AM »
You have published minimums for one but not the other.
Is the money or the publicity bandwagon the objective ?
It is a little hard to follow the logic.
Actions should follow logic and not the other way around.
You can't win those.
I just heard a comment about the event and they said " The condition of the oil line marker gives you a lasting impression of the whole event.
 That is the abuse of the facility that lasts and will effect the use by others.
 That is what BLM is supposed to control.
 What a mess from end to end."
The comments from the F1 community are starting to be sent my way and reading them at the source indicates about a 99% disapproval rate.
Your numbers may differ.

Speaking of Big Wheels, what is the record ?
I have some grand kids that might be interested.

Wanna buy a shirt that matches your hat ?
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."

landracing

Honda...if you care
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2006, 12:54:34 PM »
Pat,

Would the list of sanctioned bodies include the FIM, since the FIA is allowed???

IF so then a BUB event FIM record should be allowed.

I looked at 2 club website and it just stated, "Recognized Sanctioning Body" but does not give list?

Jon

Offline Pat Kinne / Salt201

• Global Moderator
FIM Records
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2006, 05:26:05 PM »
Jon - Appearently you did not receive my e-mail of a month ago on this exact subject -  At that time I mentioned that the Bonneville 200 MPH Club was obligated by written by-law to accept SCTA/BNI, USFRA, FIA and FIM records above posted minimum speeds.  The Club has not set minimum speeds for FIM or FIA records as their classes do not cross check with the BNI/SCTA recognized classes.    
Jack - You are not using your "logic" here. As a proponent of FIA and FIM records (or so it seems in your past posts) you show great distast for an FIA class record set at the Bonneville Salt Flats - on what grounds do you feel this does not warrent inclusion into the 2 Club - they went by the published rules for inclusion available at the time of their attempt.  Have you now offered to set minimums for FIA and FIM records?  If so we must post them for all to see and review.  As to the Dollars - paid to who exactly- any names? As for the publicity - what publicity? their own web site - wow.  These guys ran under the available published rules at the time and set a record how would you cange that now? Pat Kinne

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
The Chosen Few
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2006, 07:00:55 PM »
If you can't figure out minimums for FIM and FIA, you should not be in the business.
So much for the "Bye Bye Laws".
Thousands of SCTA classes don't escape notice, why then the special treatment.
 The credibility of the Organization is on the line.
The publicity release has gone World Wide after a release from their agency.
 I think the one mentioned on landracing is from Canada.
As a record setter in all of the sanctions you mention, I have some idea how it works.
Have we failed to recognize AMA again or are they too small for the "Big Boys" ?

"Wanna buy a shirt to go with the hat you paid for?"

Offline interested bystander

Honda record
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2006, 08:32:06 PM »
A real disapointment- especially considering Honda's posture in the world.

They were sanctioned/supervised by USAC- part of ACCUS- like NHRA and SCCA-

Jack D, buddy, I don't understand why you pick on the "Sporty Car-F-1 franternity" so hard, after all they are RACERS, just maybe inept at what we who were bred through lakes and drags do.

Also, somebody told me you are a partner in the 2 liter Sports Car record holder.

What's up?
5 mph in pit area (clothed)

Offline DrofRockology

• my blog
Re: The Chosen Few
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2006, 08:40:32 PM »
who?s kidding whom?

the 200 mph club is no longer about achievement; it?s about politics!

if it were really about achievement, the 200 mph club wouldn?t be in the business of setting their own minimums to suit the board at a particular time.

i remember when being a member of the 200 mph club was something to be proud of.

but, i don?t know any f-1 drivers or aj foyt or jesse james.

this record is about as important as that guy who peddled his bicycle behind the barn door chevy.  is it even that important?

it?s only about press.  therefore, membership in the 200 mph club is guaranteed.

so, it?s not a ?real record.?  who are we to dispute it?

i say: let?s admit our errors and welcome stan barrett into the club!

and while we?re at it, let?s add anyone who happened to watch the stunt. . . i mean record run.
gregory w. gillette
aka: monty wolf (not monte wolfe)

"fear is never boring!"

read all about it: http://montywolf.blogspot.com/

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
Owner / Driver
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2006, 08:46:41 PM »
I am correctly listed as the SCTA record holder in G/GT.
I have set records in all of the lettered sanctions that have run a Bonneville event.
A magazine picked a Honda S2000 for a easy project to try to beat me but failed both of 2 years recently.
In 1 period I built 8 car entries in 5 years and set records with all of them.

landracing

Honda...if you care
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2006, 12:23:02 AM »
Quoted from Email

"they are "honorary" members of our club in recognition of outstanding achievement. "

Hmm Outstanding Achievement.... Let me think about this... Million dollar car goes 220 with latest and greatest,,, but Joe Blow with barnyard parts goes faster... Hmmm Outstanding Achievement...

Not biased, just trying to figure out the honorary part out, with outstanding achievement in same sentence and try to explain this to people about the Honda F1 car...

Jon

landracing

Honda...if you care
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2006, 12:29:25 AM »
This was also stated to me..

"That said, these FIM records will be accepted after presentation for review of the final FIM Record Certificate.  "

What is the FIM the bastard organization that has to wait for final FIM record certificate and the FIA does not??? Nothing has been ratified.... What if they claim "FIA WORLD RECORD" in advertising... Then to come find out they did not use "Pending Ratification" because the record was not ratified yet and they took the record away from them... Would you take his honorary membership away from him???

I guess there is some merit in waiting for the Final record FIA or FIM certificate. Of course that took some people like 15 years in the past...

Jon

Offline jimmy six

Honda...if you care
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2006, 01:37:39 AM »
Salt201...Thanks for your posting and clarification.  
As for others, entry into the 200MPH club is very much an honor for who have made it and those who strive too.
For all his accomplishments Donald Campbell is an Honorary Member.
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
POOR SHOWING FOR HONDA
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2006, 01:52:49 AM »
For all the static around here the real objective is the attack on the credibility of the 2 club.
The F1 community around the World is upset and laughing at the same time.
 Lots of suggestions are coming from them about the effort and to sum it up they are saying
Honda should get back to trying to win races and "Don't date out of your species."

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
SUDDEN PERSPECTIVE
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2006, 07:24:08 AM »
He was also speaking from the seat and perspective of what should be the fastest
race car in the World and it was slower than seen during race conditions for others of that type.
 He was also slower than a NASCAR that ran on the same track , that same day.
Automajic blessing of that stunt hurts the credibility of both sports more than you can imagine.
Put 20% of that cost towards a real LSR entry and they might have something.
It was not a proud day for motor sports.