Author Topic: El Mirage Notes  (Read 8625 times)

landracing

El Mirage Notes
« on: July 17, 2006, 10:47:32 AM »
Looks as if you all had a great el mirage weekend, with exception to the heat.

Congrats to Howard Hoffman, looks like he made the Dirty 2 Club in the C/BFALT class running 205 on the 203 record. I saw also that Bob Moreland set a record over 200 on his dual engine harley machine running 205 on a 192 record in unlimited APS/PF but did not see his name on the New Dirty 2 list????

and on another note, I see Faulkner/Livingston ran a P-P 1650cc class to 187 mph.... I would guess this might have been set with a new Kawasaki ZX14??? Anybody??? Im not sure if any other bike in production would fit this catagory to run that speed...

And how about Rick Yacoucci going 262 with the Neb II car... Wow great accomplishment Rick... I see three bills before the end of the year for you...

Great job everybody racing and the SCTA folks..

Jon

Offline interested bystander

el mirage
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2006, 11:02:08 AM »
And no comment about Nick Rock on/in Jack Costellas Neb IV 125cc Gas Streamliner running within 3/4 mph of Hermann Mueller's 1956 125 cc NSU Blown Fuel Streamliner BONNEVILLE record?

One forty nine point two four six with seven and a half cubic inches in a mile and a third on dirt!
5 mph in pit area (clothed)

landracing

El Mirage Notes
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2006, 11:08:10 AM »
Yes that is very impressive also... Will be interesting to see what it will do at Bonneville.. Hope Jack's liner will do it.. Jack is one of the must see and talk to fellows on the salt every year...

Jon

JohnR

El Mirage Notes
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2006, 12:05:12 PM »
Yes, I think the run in the Neb IV gets my vote for the "run of the day" They did not just break the old record, they kicked it in the head, picked it back up, slapped it around some, drop kicked it then ran over it with Jacks camper a few times.

Then, if that were not enough, the Nebulous Thereoum V made it's first (?) appearance getting it's first run through tech as well. It's a lakester and is truly spectacular.

At one point, three (!!!)  :shock:  of Jacks cars were in inspection at the same time, NT2 getting Ricks record certified, NT4 getting Nicks record certified and NT5 getting it's first blessing.

Amazing stuff...

Offline turborick

• Go as fast as we can with as little as we can
    • http://www.bonnevillestreamliner.com
El Mirage Notes
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2006, 12:39:52 PM »
Thanks Jon the dirt has been great this year.
Jacks 5050 hauled the mail @ 149 ......too bad he ran out of gear.... :D

See you @ Bonneville in a few weeks....if we find tires
Rick Yacoucci

The new Nebulous Theorem 3.5 #788
http://www.bonnevillestreamliner.com

dwarner

El Mirage Notes
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2006, 12:56:39 PM »
Bob Moreland has been added to our El Mirage 200 MPH Club roster this weekend. Anyone who can ride that bike belongs with us.

DW

landracing

El Mirage Notes
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2006, 01:03:28 PM »
Quote from: dwarner
Bob Moreland has been added to our El Mirage 200 MPH Club roster this weekend. Anyone who can ride that bike belongs with us.

DW

Amen to that Dan,,, Big bulky and heavy bike,,, does take just the right person to handle that thing.

Jon

Offline SPDRACR

El Mirage Notes
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2006, 01:30:11 PM »
Jon, I would like to give the Beck and Davidson Guys a hearty congrats on becoming the fastest hi-boy on any dirt surface 228.951 mph C/FR . They have been close all year. Congrats again from the Eyres group
salt is OK, but the DIRT is where it's at!
Proud 2nd generation Roadster Racer
Muroc 2 club, El Mirage 2 club, Now Bonneville 2 club,       All in a Roadster

bak189

El Mirage Notes
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2006, 02:45:37 PM »
It was great to have Wink back out running with us....he looks good...
and says he feels good
The V-twin he was riding is truly a awsome bike....when he gets it sorted out......look out 260mph

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
El Mirage Notes
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2006, 02:53:04 PM »
And no comment about Nick Rock on/in Jack Costellas Neb IV 125cc Gas Streamliner running within 3/4 mph of Hermann Mueller's 1956 125 cc NSU Blown Fuel Streamliner BONNEVILLE record?

One forty nine point two four six with seven and a half cubic inches in a mile and a third on dirt!

Call it 50 years of development and another idea of Jack Inovator.
Great job for the Yellow Submarine and his layer......not rider.....

By they way, was this Sunday in the windtunnel with the 50 anniversary replica of the NSU Delphin (dolfin) III, the bike Wilhelm Herz used 1956 to be the first over 300 kmh and 200 mph. Heinz, his son, brings the bike to the BUB meet. watch out.

After the 4th August I can show picture of the bike at landracing.com - before a magazine has the publishing rights.

See ya
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
El Mirage notes
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2006, 02:55:48 PM »
spdrcr
My rule book shows three high boy roadsters with speeds higher for high boy roadsters

Scott/Smith/Liggett @243.283
Perris/Eaton @ 242.391
Toller/Eaton @ 234.888

They may be the fastest unblown highboy but that's not what you stated.
Glen
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

bak189

El Mirage Notes
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2006, 03:01:25 PM »
Hey Pork Pie.....I am old enough to have been on the salt in 1956 and see the NSU's run.....will the "new" bike meet all the safety regulations that are now in effect?
It will be great to have the bike at the BUB Meet

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
El Mirage Notes
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2006, 03:07:48 PM »
I'm dying to see Jack's new lakester (6060), but couldn't find it in the posted pictures on SCTA's site.  Did I miss it???  Anyone have a picture they can post???

Thanks and c ya,

Sum

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
El Mirage Notes
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2006, 03:10:45 PM »
by the way, H. P. Muellers record with the NSU Baumm in 1956 was 150.3 mph, the 149.3 was the record for the flying 5 miles......but I'm sure at the salt the yellow submarine can at some more miles....
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
El Mirage Notes
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2006, 03:16:47 PM »
safety regulations that are now in effect?

The bike will official run under FIM regulations, and there the bike can run in his configuration.

Under BNI/SCTA there would be no chance.

But with the help of some friends at the salt and Dennis Manning we got at last to okay for the anniversary runs.

The bike will come with the original body configuration but with a modern chassis and passiv safety equipment. Heinz will run the bike in the first,
350 cc record configuration, this was the first over 300 kmh record.
In the moment it looks that Heinz is to tall to run the bike with the complete close hatch.
Pork Pie