Author Topic: Are the displacement limits different for 2-stroke engines?  (Read 2629 times)

Flaircraft

In all the other racing/speed events I have been involved in, 2-stroke and 4-stroke engines are generally not grouped together in the same class, and if they are the 4-strokes are given a generous displacement increase to make them competitive.  I can't find anything about that in the SCTA rulebook... does the SCTA not differentiate between the two engine types in the displacement classes (i.e. can I run a 250cc 2-stroke in the 250cc motorcycle class)?  Or am I just missing a statement somewhere in the rulebook?

LittleLiner

Are the displacement limits different for 2-stroke engines?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2006, 02:12:13 PM »
2 amd 4 strokes run as equals in LSR. That applies to cars as well as bikes.   250 is 250 regardless of number of strokes.   Almost all other types of racing handicap the 2 strokers but not LSR. One minor exception is at Maxton where bike classes up to 750cc or so are set aside for two strokes separate from four strokes.  Look at the ECTA web site records page for modified bikes and you will see separate designations for the 2 strokes (http://www.ecta-lsr.com/recordsmoto2.htm).   M/G-100/2 is for 100cc 2 stroke modified gas whereas M/G-100/4 is for 100cc 4 stroke modified gas.  

I am not sure if the BUB meet separates the classes or handicaps the 2 strokes.  They do run some interesting classes like weedwacker powered streamliners.

bak189

Are the displacement limits different for 2-stroke engines?
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2006, 01:01:18 AM »
BUB Meet......250c.c. is 250c.c.
be it two stroke or four stroke...
Hey, they even run a 100mph scooter
with the rider standing up!!!!!!!!