Author Topic: Springfield Flyer.  (Read 1460387 times)

Offline Speed Limit 1000

Re: Springfield Flyer.
« Reply #2295 on: March 23, 2016, 01:28:54 PM »
I find it amazing what one helpful person and a smile can do :cheers:

Long cars are not for quitters :-D Please keep on keep en on :cheers:

« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 01:31:04 PM by Speed Limit 1000 »
John Gowetski, red hat @ 221.183 MPH MSA Lakester, Bockscar #1000 60 ci normally aspirated w/N20

Offline tauruck

« Reply #2296 on: March 23, 2016, 10:29:15 PM »
Thanks guys. I'll be doing a bunch of crossword puzzles, cleaning the shop, packing tools away and spending time with my friends.
I can't wait to try my new Mig torch. It's really nice.
Thanks Mike and Derick from Weld-Cut. This is a company owned by Air Liquide. They treated me like royalty and I also got some
new tungsten electrodes and 2 back caps for the tig torch. Awesome sponsors. :cheers:
The other new sponsor is World Of Workwear. They have the best work boots you'll find. I'm getting two pairs of work boots and two
pairs of shoes to keep them toes safe. Thanks Tim Atkins. :cheers:

I have another potential backer in the works that sells electric motors for just in case the electrical company doesn't come through. :-D

Amanda from Canada was over at our "hoos" for a visit. Cool to chat to someone from North America for a change. :-D
She said she loved it here and would be back.
Not bad on the eye either compared to my other Canadian buddies who all had 4 front teeth missing. Can you believe all
I wanted as a kid was to look like Bobby Clarke?. Lots of hockey fights but still got the pearly whites. :cheers:

I'm sending the EN8 material to Arma Gear after Easter so they can manufacture the front spindles. That will be exciting.
This place is pretty quiet right now with the schools closed and Monday was a public holiday so most people took three days
leave and got 8 days off. The traffic was light yesterday.
I'm going to a wake tonight for a guy who was killed on Friday while working in Afghanistan. Just a few buddies will be present and I know
the hooch will flow but I'm prepped. No going overboard. That's the plan anyway.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2297 on: March 24, 2016, 08:48:53 AM »
 :cheers:  Mike---recall and enjoy the good times of the past with your buddy!!!
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline tauruck

« Reply #2298 on: March 24, 2016, 03:55:35 PM »
My friend works in Afghanistan on and off. They guy that died Friday was part of his team and was a US citizen. RIP Brandon. Sad state of affairs. We ended up at the range to blow off steam. I used quite a few rounds and according to the youngsters I'm still an asset. Got lots of pics and video. No ghillie suits and I don't normally use ear protection but today was different. This is supposed to be a build diary but there's NADA going on in the shop so I thought i'd share this pic. One needs to be an all "rounder" I guess. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Offline tauruck

« Reply #2299 on: March 28, 2016, 08:48:58 AM »
Still no decent voltage here but I'm not letting boredom get to me.
Since I've changed from the Autometer manual gauges to VDO due
to capillaries being too short I've got all these spare gauges.

I was thinking of mounting the water temp gauge on the radiator
box and I could use the oil temp elsewhere in the engine compartment
as a backup unit. I think it's a good idea and will also stimulate the brain.

I'm going crazy here with nothing to do. What do you guys think?. :cheers:

Offline Dynoroom

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2300 on: March 28, 2016, 09:56:54 AM »
That's what we did. 1 one the radiator box another in the oil tank.

Good idea IMO.

If you look closely at the blurry picture the gauges are in a panel to right of the drivers hip. The driver doesn't need to see them, it's for me to check when we are in line....
Michael LeFevers
Kugel and LeFevers Pontiac Firebird

Without Data You're Just Another Guy With An Opinion!

Racing is just a series of "Problem Solving" events that allow you to spend money & make noise...

Offline tauruck

« Reply #2301 on: March 28, 2016, 04:50:39 PM »
Thanks Mike.
I never thought about fitting one for the Oil Tank.
I'll do that. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

My helmet is still with Ashley. We're going with a new paint scheme.
My attempt at doing the blue flake teardrops over a silver background instead of white
never panned out. I blew on too much clear and in doing so created a lip that couldn't be
sanded away. My 35 year old design is gone.
I was chased by a Green Mamba once while working on the south coast and man he wasn't big
but wouldn't give up. :evil: That was my lucky day.
I just gave Ash free rein and said surprise me.
Here's the first step in the gold King Tut deal he's got going. Lots of multi colored stripes to come.
I need the helmet back because I've been offered some testing in an F3 type car and I need the seat time. :-D

Offline Freud

« Reply #2302 on: March 29, 2016, 12:42:42 AM »
Son, I'm with you.

Your spare Dad.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #2303 on: March 29, 2016, 01:08:38 AM »
That helmet looks distinctive.

Gretchen was in Tasmania for awhile.  I thought she moved there but she was just visiting.  Now she is in Melbourne.  I was looking at Australia on the globe to see if she could be any further away from Oregon besides going to the moon.  Then I looked at other things on the miniature world.  It looks like the ocean route from South Africa to Australia is closer and more direct than to Bonneville when the roundness of the earth is considered.  There is a heck of a lot shorter distance between Lake Gairdner and the port at Adelaide than from the US coast to the salt flats.  That might be an easier option.     

Offline tauruck

« Reply #2304 on: March 29, 2016, 07:45:17 AM »
Thanks Freud and Bo.
Fighting on here and still holding my breath on the electricity deal. :cry:

Offline floydjer

• "There is no duck side of the moon..."
« Reply #2305 on: March 29, 2016, 09:08:36 AM »
Good lord...Chased by a green  mamba?? I thought cornering a raccoon in the garage was a sphincter locking situation..............
I`d never advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone...But they work for me.

Offline tauruck

« Reply #2306 on: March 29, 2016, 09:17:41 AM »
Yup, 2ft long at best and only as thick as your thumb but so fast I thought I'd out run him/her.
They say the Mamba is the only snake on the planet that wakes up in a bad mood and goes out
looking for Subaru.
Seeing as I'm the same it was appropriate. :-D :-D :-D

Offline tauruck

« Reply #2307 on: March 30, 2016, 09:31:18 AM »
The MD of the company that installed that lousy smart meter was here today. 8-)
He's going to bring his top engineers back to see how to solve my problem.
They haven't experienced this malfunction before and the threat of our version of 60 Minutes
has him scrambling. He's going to install the original design analogue meter tomorrow or Friday
until they can come up with a solution. He's cool and genuinely wants to help so I have to go with the flow.

Hopefully I'll be back on the roller coaster again by the weekend. :cheers: :cheers:

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2308 on: March 30, 2016, 09:44:45 AM »
Ahhhhh    just sliding down the razor blade of life are you!!   :cheers:
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline tauruck

« Reply #2309 on: March 30, 2016, 10:23:45 AM »
Hey Sparky, I guess if it all went smoothly i'd be bored.
If you aren't fighting for every inch it won't be worth it. :-D