Author Topic: Springfield Flyer.  (Read 1460191 times)

Offline tauruck

Re: Springfield Flyer.
« Reply #2040 on: October 28, 2015, 09:39:20 AM »
Side on pics.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2041 on: October 28, 2015, 11:04:38 AM »
 :cheers:
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #2042 on: October 28, 2015, 11:10:48 AM »
Heavy duty parts! Great progress, Mike.

Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ
Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #2043 on: October 28, 2015, 11:35:13 AM »
A quick aside, if I may.  Mike, a year or two ago Nancy decided we should re-finish the older dresser we have in the upstairs/spare bedroom.  She did lotsa cleaning and sanding and painting -- then put the stuff on the new paint - the stuff that makes it crack and look old.  WTF?  I thought it looked pretty good before it was "aged".

I guess it's another example of "antiques made while you wait". :-D

We now return you to your regular topic.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline tauruck

« Reply #2044 on: October 28, 2015, 12:01:48 PM »
She should hook up with Zina.
She did the table and a bunch of other stuff with that cracking liquid.

It's called decoupage I think.

I leave all the house stuff to her. I fix broken but I don't paint, mow lawn and lay bricks or tile. :-D

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
« Reply #2045 on: October 28, 2015, 01:37:44 PM »
Decoupage (ala Jim Jacobs):

:cheers:

Mike
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

Offline tauruck

« Reply #2046 on: October 29, 2015, 09:42:21 AM »
I'd rather have Jim's creation in my kitchen. It would be like going to the road house which is like a non event here in SA.
I know of one left I think. :evil:

I don't know how you guys fund your projects but I seem to get just enough to keep me going.
Weird but true. Either a sponsor comes up with materials/product or I earn just enough to keep going.

I should call the liner the "Miracle Miler" or something.
You guy have no idea of the crazy goings on I experience.
It's either the trap of the century or something more like Divine Intervention. I choose the latter. :-D

Bo remarked on me looking after the tires when I get them!!!! Probably the most expensive items ever to go on the car.

I'll have to find a bank with huge safety deposit boxes!. :-D

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #2047 on: October 30, 2015, 01:18:02 AM »
Mike, you are doing things the right way by making most everything yourself and getting a lot of sponsorship.  There are some expenses that are hard to avoid like tires 'cause you cannot make them.  You are doing a better job of keeping the costs reasonable than the average guy.

One thing I forgot to mention about tires is to make sure you get fresh ones.  There are a few times I got a "deal" on a new tire and the dang thing was sitting on a shelf for years and it had only a few years of use in it before it got too old.  I always mention this to the seller and check the manufacturing date on the sidewall before I accept them. 

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2048 on: October 30, 2015, 09:34:26 AM »
Been there can happen on safety stuff also  I only order SFI dated stuff from the manufacture!
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline tauruck

« Reply #2049 on: October 30, 2015, 11:02:12 AM »
I got my Bosch fuel pumps today. Yahooo!!!!!.

More to come though. ECU, EGT, plugs, Lambda sensors etc.
For some reason all the Good racing stuff is down under in OZ but via HQ in the Fatherland
I'll be getting what I require.

Tires are going to cost me 100 grand. You can buy a Chevy Spark for that money here. :-D :-D :-D

My local supplier has given me a price on shipping which based on the package size is pretty reasonable
but MT is still ignoring my email.
A good guy here has offered to purchase my parts for me and help out. I think my mails go to junkmail in a lot of instances.
We all know that lots of spam comes out of Nigeria so maybe I get included. :evil:

Gotta get this girl on wheels before Christmas. :cheers:
Things always work out so I'm not too stressed.

Offline Buickguy3

« Reply #2050 on: October 30, 2015, 02:39:11 PM »
   Mike,
   Have you been able to contact Tom Kundrik at M/T? I had to call him and leave a message. He never answered any e-mails. He is the only one who can authorize the sale according to their office. He is the one who has to approve the sale after you send back the release form I forwarded to you. Kind of a funky deal all the way around.
   Doug  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
I keep going faster and faster and I don't know why. All I have to do is live and die.
                   [America]

Offline RichFox

« Reply #2051 on: October 30, 2015, 02:41:29 PM »
Have you looked at Dunlop tires or talked to a rep?

Offline tauruck

« Reply #2052 on: October 31, 2015, 04:12:09 AM »
Rich, I haven't talked to Dunlop and I don't know if they even manufacture the sizes I need.
I did visit a site where they had vintage type tires for bikes and cars but never listed LSR products.

Doug, I guess I'll have to call Tom and see how that goes.

Thanks all. :cheers: :cheers:

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #2053 on: October 31, 2015, 05:03:09 AM »
Goodyear does a 32" tall tire I believe Mike, the speed rating from memory is sub 400 but should be good for you for a while.
With your batting average  :mrgreen: you probably should contact Goodyear directly down there.
  Sid.

Offline tauruck

« Reply #2054 on: October 31, 2015, 09:14:06 AM »
I did. Actually they were the reason I went from the truck project to the liner. :-D
Never had a Good experience?.