Author Topic: Springfield Flyer.  (Read 1459563 times)

Offline tauruck

Re: Springfield Flyer.
« Reply #1485 on: March 13, 2015, 08:58:16 PM »
Hey Sid, you have reason to be angry and I can't blame you.
I suppose I could say you're surrounded by guys that can do stuff
and that being US based is half the battle won.
I'm wrong on that one. I've been down, had a small health problem
but now I'm ANGRY.
Burning bridges is what I do best and right now I'm on a tear.
If I say building this car is easy you'll say I'm full of BS but the actual
construction is easy (my opinion). Getting the bits to do it with is the tough
part.

It's 2.40AM and I'm awake now. Poured the meds down the toilet and I'm geared up,
ready to go.

I started around midday yesterday by telling a sponsor to take a hike. This dude has been
stringing me along for far too long. I told him to shove his product (paints and primers).
I've got two equally good suppliers waiting in the wings. I have no written contract with the company
(mistake I won't make again) and told him to do just what he felt was necessary.

From now on I go for the whole ball of wax. No half measures.

I had a meeting with a family friend yesterday who is a director of Africa's largest manufacturer of cable TV related
equipment with a view to a sponsorship. Not holding my breath but he's honest and I'll get a straight answer.

Other than that I have a string of ads running to sell stuff I love and will probably regret doing so but this liner
needs to get done and desperate times call for desperate measures.

Sid, you fired me up. Thanks man. :evil:

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #1486 on: March 13, 2015, 10:20:26 PM »
Same here Mate, selling of some of the family jewels to support the obsession. Not there's actually any jewels or even any family for that matter, more like junk that I like that has some value. :-D
  Sid.

Offline Elmo Rodge

« Reply #1487 on: March 13, 2015, 11:11:39 PM »
We could start a club.  :cheers: Wayno

Offline tauruck

« Reply #1488 on: March 13, 2015, 11:50:26 PM »
I'd be able to call mine the "Cleveland Buyers Club" :-D :-D :-D :-D

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #1489 on: March 14, 2015, 11:55:58 AM »
I'll get the T shirts ordered....... oh hang on, i'll have to find something else ta sell. I have a spare kidney! :-D
  Sid.

Offline tauruck

« Reply #1490 on: March 14, 2015, 12:04:43 PM »
We should get together. I'm sure we could scare up some trouble somewhere. :evil:
Sid, If I don't find someone to buy me a crank trigger dizzy I may have to give the MSD a serious haircut.

Not sure what's inside but my instinct tells me the black bit is kinda empty.

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #1491 on: March 14, 2015, 12:20:47 PM »
One a theez dayz Mate. :cheers:
  Sid.

Offline Speed Limit 1000

« Reply #1492 on: March 14, 2015, 10:20:40 PM »
We could start a club.  :cheers: Wayno
They did, the 200 MPH red had club :-D
John Gowetski, red hat @ 221.183 MPH MSA Lakester, Bockscar #1000 60 ci normally aspirated w/N20

Offline tauruck

« Reply #1493 on: March 15, 2015, 02:59:38 AM »
John, do they have a "Red Face" club yet?.
Sid and I must be candidates!!!!!. :evil:

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1494 on: March 15, 2015, 12:37:09 PM »
Sid,  except by the 1.5 hour conversation I had with T B in front of the Truck Stop Café one evening  I would be going down this trail  acquired parts for years and actually started a build---came home Stopped paused and then started the Lakester---finally separated the tacked parts for the drivers area about 6 months ago  dual eng liners are a SIRENE song for sure!!!!!!!!
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #1495 on: March 17, 2015, 11:21:07 AM »
Well boys, my little ride is far from a streamliner, but I can definitely relate to the one man band syndrome... It takes a little more, but in the end if something isn't quite right there is only one guy to blame.

Keep your head up Mikey! I'm pulling for you. If it helps at all, I'm having my own issues. Good news is that Hank may be his final color in a couple weeks! I've only got 140 some odd days left!
Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberish. The product of a demented hill billy who has found a way to live out where the winds blow. To sleep late, have fun, drink whiskey, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love or getting arrested.    H.S. Thompson

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #1496 on: March 17, 2015, 10:00:40 PM »
Sid,  except by the 1.5 hour conversation I had with T B in front of the Truck Stop Café one evening  I would be going down this trail  acquired parts for years and actually started a build---came home Stopped paused and then started the Lakester---finally separated the tacked parts for the drivers area about 6 months ago  dual eng liners are a SIRENE song for sure!!!!!!!!
I thought the same thing Sparky so I built the tank. That didn't even start to quench my thirst so I consider that to be my biggest mistake. That sucked up two years of my life before I laid out the steel for the liner.
  Sid.

Offline Captthundarr

• In line
« Reply #1497 on: March 17, 2015, 10:23:27 PM »
Mike, like Joe said, Amys camaro aint no streanliner but we know all too well how tough it is. Our annual budget for parts to go faster is about 2500.00 bucks. If we pick up 5-10mph/year we are satisfied. this is year 3 for the camaro, last year we hit 160 mph this year, with some bartered parts, we hope to hit 175. we have been at this for 8 years between Maxton and the ohio mile. our goal is a paultry 200.mph. We may have to take a year off to in order to get the hoursepower to hit 190. Keep the faith .. endevour to perservere (sic). you know what I mean.
Live,Laugh, Love /  Jack Scratch Racing /ECTA   
Amy Hartman-Driver, Frank Hartman-everthing else.
C/GALT 137.65 Ohio Mile check that 144.12 2013, AA/GALT 159.34 Ohio Mile 2014. B/GALT 180.577 RECORD 6/15

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #1498 on: March 18, 2015, 10:24:50 AM »
Frank, have you put your car on a severe diet? I am sure you know that weight really matters on the pavement events. Bonneville not.
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Offline Captthundarr

• In line
« Reply #1499 on: March 19, 2015, 05:31:09 PM »
Fred, The weight is coming up a bit this year. the addition of some stuff and moving of others.
Live,Laugh, Love /  Jack Scratch Racing /ECTA   
Amy Hartman-Driver, Frank Hartman-everthing else.
C/GALT 137.65 Ohio Mile check that 144.12 2013, AA/GALT 159.34 Ohio Mile 2014. B/GALT 180.577 RECORD 6/15