Author Topic: Springfield Flyer.  (Read 1459368 times)

Offline Stan Back

Re: Springfield Flyer.
« Reply #1470 on: March 11, 2015, 08:38:15 PM »
Well, if it's up in the air, it's good it's not concrete.  Dangerous.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline tauruck

« Reply #1471 on: March 11, 2015, 08:49:23 PM »
Stan, I feel like walking away, :cry:

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #1472 on: March 11, 2015, 09:25:58 PM »
Step away for a little while Mike and let the batteries recharge. It's really hard to go at a project this large all alone. You've been making great progress and sometimes you just have to sit back and let things regenerate and that includes ideas. The one thing about lsr is that there isn't a real schedule that says you have to be finished at any particular time. Allow yourself to relax a little and allow yourself start to enjoy the project again.

Pete

Offline sofadriver

« Reply #1473 on: March 11, 2015, 11:45:11 PM »
Mike, many of us can relate.  Making all the decisions yourself is the hard part. Truly overwhelming at times. I've been there (raised 2 young kids all alone). Physical activity saved me. Lots of physical exertion really clears the head.
Mike in Tacoma

"aww, what the hell - let's just do it".............

Bike #833
100cc A/G, A/F and APS/G (in 2019)

Offline Riaan Lingenfelder

Re:
« Reply #1474 on: March 12, 2015, 06:12:36 AM »
Mike.
I feel you.
Some good news on the fishing front. That center stand opened up. Going to pay tomorrow.  Now we can go there anytime as long as we want.
Maybe you should just take a good break. Recharge properly.

Offline tauruck

« Reply #1475 on: March 12, 2015, 08:34:07 AM »
I'm happy for you man. You deserve it. Well done. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1476 on: March 12, 2015, 09:03:20 AM »
There ---you are living the reason so many of these things  take multiple years--reasons are:

recharging the parts funds

recharging the will to push on with the dream
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 08:59:04 PM by SPARKY »
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Re:
« Reply #1477 on: March 12, 2015, 02:01:44 PM »
Mike
Stand is your to use whenever. As long as you like. Step away for a week. Take smooch. Go rest.  Sleep.

Offline tauruck

« Reply #1478 on: March 12, 2015, 08:16:13 PM »
This isn't a hobby for me. It's all I have, half the time I'm working blind because I don't know what I'm doing.
We'll there are a bunch of firsts.

I appreciate all the the motivation and encouragement no end.
From abroad and local.
Riaan took me fishing and I remember eating a steak as thick as the Yellow Pages.
Never wanted for anything. He practically made my bed for me, This man is organised and if the way the fishing trip went
we shouldn't have a problem getting the liner to the track and running it. I mean that 100%.
I'm in good hands. The man is Blessed. :cheers:

I had to finish up some other work on Kyle's race truck so I went over there and got the load bed cover positioned.
Took some innovation but I'll go back today and complete the job.

His winning margin was cut to 7 seconds last time out so w needed to tweak.
It looks good and we're almost done.

Offline tauruck

« Reply #1479 on: March 12, 2015, 08:18:38 PM »
The cover is stiff, fits pretty well and we'll bond in some bushings and a filler cap
cover. Done.

Offline tauruck

« Reply #1480 on: March 12, 2015, 09:18:15 PM »
While I was at Kyle's place he gave me a new waste gate.
I just need to buy a matching unit now.
It's the right size for the application.
Thanks Kyle. :wink:

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #1481 on: March 13, 2015, 11:57:52 AM »
Well Mr Joburg, you know you're not the only 'one man streamliner band' that's stranded so toughen up Mate!
I am stationary on my build due to no overdrives, it's only been three phucking years ago I was promised these things within six months & I still don't have them. Unfortunately I've built a car around them so I am locked in. Angry doesn't even come close to how I feel about this & I'm a normally passive person but I wanna phucking kill somebody. :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x
  Sid.

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #1482 on: March 13, 2015, 12:59:42 PM »
Sid --

I sure hope they fit the hole you built for them -- or else you'll find out how weren't nearly as pist off when you didn't get them.

Stan
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #1483 on: March 13, 2015, 01:51:30 PM »
Oh I've already been there Stan. The production units came out 2 1/2" longer than the prototype & was ok on the front axle but too long to fit in the back. Stretching the chassis was not an option as everything is in a straight line & not parallel to the chassis so I had to come up with a way to shorten the O/D. A sealed bearing in the rear of the case instead of a bearing carrier & with the coupler inside the bearing saved 2".
Meantime I am so derailed I might have achieved a couple of months progress in the last year.
What was I thinking!! :? One idiot trying to build a 4WD streamliner in a shed on lunch money!
Mike you are not alone.
  Sid.

Re:
« Reply #1484 on: March 13, 2015, 02:46:59 PM »
Dudes.
Maybe I can put up a tent. But you guys are the engineers schooled in life. Making a dream a record breaking reality.
Lesson I see is dont put deadlines. Mere targets for other people to achieve.  Grade them on their peformance not your own.
Dont let others failures become the monkey on your back.....