Author Topic: Vacancy at the Days Inn, three rooms just opened up.  (Read 2540 times)

Offline RacerX

• New folks
Vacancy at the Days Inn, three rooms just opened up.
« on: August 05, 2013, 06:18:20 PM »
Can't make it sooo  just cancelled three rooms at the Days Inn  Wendover! :cry:
I like to cut my butter with a chainsaw, why do you ask?

Offline fastesthonda_jim

• Ready to Rock 2003
Re: Vacancy at the Days Inn, three rooms just opened up.
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2013, 10:13:33 PM »
Good luck all who want this.  Not to say it isn't a genrous gift but my experience about four years ago told me never again at Days Inn.  Had to prepay (debit card) for a full week non refundable.  And the rooms were ummm.  Let's be poilte here.... filthy.  Didn't want to walk on the carpet with no shoes on. 
Now, I'm not saying you shouldn't take it.  Just be forewarned.  And pray there are new (better?) owners.
Jim
2006 SCTA High Points Champeen
2006 Dirty "2" Wrench Of The Year
Bonneville "2" Club 2003
El Mirage Dirty "2"'s 2006
Bonneville Records: G/GS, F/GS (Boy)  G/FS (Girl)
El Mirage Records: F/BFS, F/FS, F/GS, I/FS, I/GS, K/BGS
FIA Records A, II, 8
Unlimited License
300mph line qualified (305.129 best mile speed)
The older half of San Diego's Fastest Couple
2016 Man of Distinction Award
DLRA 2019 Top Speed of The Meet (309.438 Mile - 323.3 GPS)

Offline MJ Williams

Re: Vacancy at the Days Inn, three rooms just opened up.
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2013, 10:04:28 AM »
We had been staying at the Day's Inn for the past 3 years. My uncle makes the reservations and I meet them there. For the past 3 years the same washing machine has been broke down, the same ice machine has not not worked, same stains on the carpets. Usually the door locks are a crap shoot when you get back from the salt. Don't get me started on how surly and rude the staff are.
This year when he went to make reservations the Days Inn told them the rooms would be $25.00 more a night due to the "extensive remodel" done on the hotel 2 years ago, WTF?
I never really had any say since he was paying the bills but that was enough to make him change places.
My .02 worth