Author Topic: North American Eagle events  (Read 62794 times)

Offline Tman

Re: North American Eagle events
« Reply #105 on: November 02, 2013, 12:09:31 PM »
Impossible for me to correct the media outlets. They write their own version of the story and never check with me.

I wouldn't worry about it. You are the only one on this thread with a jet car so the rest of us are just rubber neckers anyway. Move on and shoot for the goal.  :cheers:

Offline F104A

• http://www.landspeed.com
« Reply #106 on: November 20, 2013, 12:17:02 PM »
Looking more and more like we will haul the Eagle to the Grand National Roadster Show, January 24-26 at the Showplex
in Pomona. We've been working so hard on making it fast, now we have to make it look puurrdy too.....!
Ed

Offline sabat

« Reply #107 on: November 24, 2013, 11:02:34 PM »
Impossible for me to correct the media outlets. They write their own version of the story and never check with me.

Mr Shadle, if it matters, you might want to talk with your Facebook person. I wish you the best of luck to reach 800mph. -Dean

Offline ski123

« Reply #108 on: November 25, 2013, 01:20:48 PM »
Reality is a state of mind!  You are only as fast as you think you are right?

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
« Reply #109 on: November 25, 2013, 02:20:01 PM »
FWI:

Go NAE!  2014 will be your year!

:cheers:   :cheers:

Mike
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

Offline joea

« Reply #110 on: December 01, 2013, 03:34:46 PM »
FWI:   (from the North American Eagle FB site)

Nov 27 2013

NEW: North American Eagle shared a link  (link from Autoblog....Jessi Combs is a host of the series so can give accurate first hand knowledge wtg..!)

The point of The List is to complete a bucket list that would make any auto enthusiast proud, but there are some experiences we always assumed might be out of reach for even us. Breaking a land speed record was one of them. The time, resources and skills required to properly set a new benchmark in speed are for the seriously committed only. Fortunately for us (and you), host Jessi Combs is one of those people.

As we reported, Combs became the Fastest Woman on Four Wheels last month when she broke the FIA Women's Land Speed Record on a dry lake bed in Oregon. Behind the stick of a retired, wingless ex-military jet, she recorded a two-way average speed of nearly 393 miles per hour and maxed out at over 440 mph.

Her feat was monumental and the experience once in a lifetime, making it perhaps the most worthy item we've ever recorded for The List. We're ready to share her experience with you, so scroll down to watch history being made.

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/11/22/list-womens-land-speed-record-jessi-combs-video/

Congrats Ed keep up the good work...
I hope you get your further goals in 2014...!!!

Offline Malcolm UK

« Reply #111 on: December 03, 2013, 04:16:15 AM »
Maybe they do not teach maths well in some US schools :-o.  I look at NAE and count 5 wheels in (as train buffs may state it) a 1-2-2 formation. NAE is not a "four wheeler".

The Kitty O'Neil driven SMI Motivator was a 1-0-2 configuration three wheeler.  If we do not worry about gender, then Spirit of America - sonic arrow, at 3-0-2, has shown itself to be the fastest five wheeler.

And whilst talking of that five wheeler, does anyone expect the former Breedlove car, owned by the late Steve Fossett, to make an attempt on the record in the near future - say 2014?   
Malcolm UK, Derby, England.

Offline racefanwfo

• jenks worlds fastest pitbull
« Reply #112 on: December 03, 2013, 05:11:39 AM »
There is a person intrested in buying the fossett car but he is trying to find a place to run the car and get everything set up before he buys the car. He told me that if he can not find a place to run much less get all the permits that he needs there is no point in buying the car. It looks like unless ed gets the money he needs to go for the record that is held by THRUST SSC i think that either BLOODHOUND or the AUSSIE INVADER are going to be the ones to up the record.
The speed that you wish to achieve is only limited by the depth of your wallet.

Offline TrickyDicky

« Reply #113 on: December 03, 2013, 11:09:59 AM »
There is a person intrested in buying the fossett car . . .

It has previously been reported (but not widely, so possibly erroneously?) that Bill and/or Matt M******** had bought the car from the Fossett estate.

Perhaps they or the would-be owners should team up with NAE to share the costs and pain of setting up an official record attempt.  An American Jet Car Top Speed Shoot Out in 2014 might capture the imagination of Joe Public. 
 :cheers:

Offline Malcolm UK

« Reply #114 on: December 03, 2013, 11:52:59 AM »
There is a person intrested in buying the fossett car but he is trying to find a place to run the car and get everything set up before he buys the car. He told me that if he can not find a place to run much less get all the permits that he needs there is no point in buying the car.

Car valued at $3,000,000 excluding operating costs and USAC, FIA fees etc.  Track 'finding', environmental studies and BLM permits - about $150,000 (or it was a few years ago). It seems to me the 'person interested' has found a reason not to part with any money as speed projects do seem to have costs which vary by more than 5% at the final reckoning.

If two teams from two countries can share (1997), why not two teams from the same country?

Malcolm, Derby, England   
Malcolm UK, Derby, England.

velocity

« Reply #115 on: December 08, 2013, 01:30:27 AM »
So we are all clear about the Fossett LSR

No one has purchased the car, it remains the property of Peggy Fossett and collects dust in a Nevada warehouse.

There are no buyers in play.

It is up to Ed and his team to topple Mssrs Noble, Green and Ayers.

Offline racefanwfo

« Reply #116 on: December 08, 2013, 05:51:29 AM »
Louise i am not sure where you are getting your info but Bill Marquardt is in the process of buying the fossett car.

Offline ski123

« Reply #117 on: December 08, 2013, 09:24:37 PM »
Tell us more about these Marquardt folks.
How cool would that be?

Offline racefanwfo

« Reply #118 on: December 08, 2013, 10:25:11 PM »
Here is the website link http://absolutelandspeedrecord.com/
There is a phone number on the website that you can call and talk with bill about what his plans are.
I have called a couple of times and bill is a very friendly guy to talk to.

velocity

« Reply #119 on: December 11, 2013, 03:05:05 AM »
My information comes from the players, never second-hand. Bill is on a new path. Sad as it is for me to admit, considering I was part of the build and refit of the Breedlove/Fossett car, the asking price may never be met and car might just end up to be nothing but be unproven museum relic.