Poll

Do you think JCB Diesel will make 300 mph first time out.

Yes
8 (29.6%)
No
19 (70.4%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Voting closed: June 18, 2006, 01:01:36 AM

Author Topic: JCB Diesel Max Car  (Read 2362 times)

landracing

JCB Diesel Max Car
« on: June 16, 2006, 10:08:25 PM »
Well I would say I would give the brits a far better chance to crack the 300 barrier.  IF it was anybody else I would give a 25% chance... Given the team put together I would put the stakes up to a 95% chance to do it first time out this year on the salt.

Even if they dont accomplish at Speedweek, they have extra time if needed on the salt already pretty much ready for them if needed...

New video again today was released at JCB Diesel Max website.
http://www.jcbdieselmax.com/html/home.php

What do you think. Must be logged in to vote...

Jon

Offline Malcolm UK

JCB Diesel Max Car
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2006, 11:53:10 AM »
As the JCB team have enough track time and they are planning 'low speed' airfield testing in the UK, they should be able to get up to speed - but probably not during the first seven days of speedweek.  

After all in 1999, the UK Richard Brown bike team got to 326mph after just six runs on the salt and 330 mph on the seventh pass.  And this team had come from the UK with a National record at just 216mph.

It will be interesting to see how the JCB team get together on the salt to achieve Andy Green's target.
Malcolm UK, Derby, England.

Offline ack

JCB Diesel Max Car
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2006, 01:46:08 PM »
I'm just hoping they didn't hire any of the ABB engineers.

Offline Stan Back

JCB Diesel Max Car
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2006, 03:34:26 PM »
I see in my latest Hot Rod that they bit on the PR about them going after THE diesel record.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records