Author Topic: Good photos needed  (Read 1551 times)

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Good photos needed
« on: July 19, 2013, 11:39:52 AM »
I'm helping David Fetherston get some images for a book he's working on about the vehicles at the salt -- and I need to find a good - large file, high resolution - photo of Kerry McClean's engine-powered unicycle, and a great photo of the Mormon Meteor.  I've looked through the shots I've got -- and while I've sat in the unicycle - I can't find a good enough shot.  Got one?  As for the Meteor - heck, Nancy and I were out at the salt when USFRA had a crew there to welcome the car back after the "refurbishing" it got a few years back.  Andy Green was there and drove the car.  But can I find a good enough photo?  NO -- so I hope one of youse guys will have one or two of each of these two vehicles.  Let me know - or send 'em along.  Thanks.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
Re: Good photos needed
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2013, 12:22:03 PM »
Jon, Cris Shearer has some photos of both, however they are out of town and have no connection at the cabin. I don't know if Wes Potter has any but you might ask.
Glen :cheers:
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline hotrod

• Black Horse photo
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2013, 01:55:31 PM »
I have a couple pictures of the Mormon Meteor at the "Art of Speed" display at the Art Museum.

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2013, 05:19:41 AM »
Got a private email a while ago from David....wrote him back....but never got a response.....don't know what is going on....
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)