Author Topic: M Records being moved to A? What's the straight scoop?  (Read 14563 times)

Offline k.h.

M Records being moved to A? What's the straight scoop?
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2006, 10:35:32 AM »
They cost me a big pile of money and time.

Your time and your money cannot compare in tangible value to the intangible value of an essentially "stunt" category speed record needing to be protected at the expense of an entire lineage of reliable engine cases.

Now that the gene pool has officially been watered down in M, how long will it take for the exodus into A for all the orphaned aftermarket cases?  One or two seasons?  Still, the dog t*rd is rightlfully in the pocket of the people who created this debacle.  And well-known.
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice.  But in practice, there is.--Jan L. A. Van de Snepscheut

bak189

« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2006, 11:12:12 AM »
Run the BUB Meet and get some of the money spend BACK.
Don't forget Pre-entries close
July 4th (and save some more dollars)

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
ADMINOSPHERE
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2006, 12:21:35 PM »
Who can tell me the definition of adminosphere ?
"Mistakes can be forgiven, lies are forever."

"Was it a design that failed or was it designed to fail ?"
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

Offline tomsmith

mo classes man
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2006, 03:06:36 PM »
Currently, v-twins can be larger displacement than inline 4s in MotoGP due to fewer cylinders having less horsepower.  Many years ago, Harley 45s competed against Triumph 500cc OHV bikes for the same reason. Perhaps there should be different classes for number of cylinders (in addition to sidevalve, pushrods, overhead cams, desmo valves, etc.) to really make it fair.  Since bikes might have 1, 2, 3,...,8 cylinders this would give eight times as many classes as currently exist.  The 6 cylinder Honda 250cc GP bike of the 60s unfairly out-horses a single cylinder 250 for example.  New records for everyone, expecially if all old records are abolished due to not being able to prove they match current specs after 50 years or so!  Want confusion, disruption and bad feelings all around?  The point of all this is that I dunno what should be done, but it would be nice if a lot of people smarter than me got together to figure out a fair solution about the classes.  By the way, GP racing seems to be 600cc oriented, but there is no current Bonneville 600cc class - this is a big mismatch.
139mph with no bike, but with speedo and helmet.

bak189

« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2006, 03:52:13 PM »
Oh, sure just what we need more
classes.....you want simple classes take a look motorcycle FIM.for Landracing....for that mater take a look at FIA car classes for Landacing....now THAT is simple.
Maybe to simple??????????
What say you Jack???????

Offline tomsmith

just kidding
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2006, 05:09:48 PM »
I wasn't serious about 8-times as many classes, but I would like to see a 4-cylinder 50cc GP bike in action. Or a 5 cylinder Honda 125cc RC149, or the V8 500cc Moto Guzzi.  Too bad everything now is hum-drum inline 4s.

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
Re: just kidding
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2006, 06:19:57 PM »
Quote from: tomsmith
........ I would like to see a 4-cylinder 50cc GP bike in action. Or a 5 cylinder Honda 125cc RC149, or the V8 500cc Moto Guzzi.  Too bad everything now is hum-drum inline 4s.

I would like to see that also and there is no reason someone can't bring one out and run it now.

Might just have to do it maybe for "time only".

After I get my lakester running my ultimate plan is to run my pickup on the salt.  Since it doesn't make it into any class it will have to be for time only, but that is fine with me as it is just a personal goal I have.

c ya, Sum

bak189

« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2006, 06:44:08 PM »
There is a Guzzi V-8 bike in Solvang, complete with Dustbin Fairing......so that means it would have to be run at the BUB meet....
just like the replica 1956 NSU Streamliner that plans to run in Sept.
BUB has more liberal rules on such bikes.  (like passengers in sidecars) Look in the SCTA Rule book under 125.c.c. 136mph APS-F
no one has todate been close...WHY
...because todays BNI rules prevents me from building another one just like it. Rules,rules, rules!!!!!!!!

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
Tom Smith
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2006, 08:32:55 PM »
is a winner.
He not only has wonderful ideas for new classes to commemorate the past half-fast
 but he was also the hands down winner for best posture and nice legs.
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2006, 11:00:58 PM »
If I had a 50cc 4cyl bike motor i'd race it!!! Heck i would even give it the alowable +20 over bore! displacement would be about 75cc and legal! ya got one i'll race it
kent

Offline Nortonist 592

• http://www.artfv.com/design/fashion/
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2006, 12:32:30 AM »
To take a step back.  How can an M record be transferred to A.  What will the A guys say about that?  It would appear the only logical answer would be a whole batch of new classes.  Which when I think about it that would be perfect SCTA logic.  Maybe thats why I'm a member.  Who made a four cyl. 50?  Suzuki made a 3 cyl/  Honda made a twin.  At the end of 1966 50s for the purpose of GP racing were restricted to a single cyl. 6 speed. Van Veen [Kriedler] and Bultaco developed that format to the point where their singles would demolish anything that Japs had produced up to 1966.  Bultaco's last 50 raced by Angel Nieto and Ricardo Tormo was said to have produced 28 hp @ 17000 rpm!  In 1979 I bought a Van Veen Kriedler that came with a dybo cert. for 22 hp.
Get off the stove Grandad.  You're too old to be riding the range.

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
And none of them
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2006, 01:14:10 AM »
allowed an overbore as was the lie told to SCTA and established the rule for bikers but not cars.

"Mistakes can be forgiven, lies will haunt you forever."

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
Re: And none of them
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2006, 10:47:07 AM »
Quote from: JackD
allowed an overbore as was the lie told to SCTA and established the rule for bikers but not cars.

"Mistakes can be forgiven, lies will haunt you forever."

It is kind of strange that you can run a bike motor in a bike and overbore, yet put the same motor in a car and you can't :cry: .

c ya, Sum

Offline tomsmith

Van Veen Kreidler
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2006, 10:58:06 AM »
Here is a site in the Netherlands where you can buy practically all the parts to build up your own brand new single cylinder 50cc Van Veen Kreidler road racer.  Frame, forks, wheels, engines, bodywork etc. No prices, but I bet I need to win the lottery first.  Too bad I can't find a multi-cylinder 50cc site like this.

http://www.geocities.com/nleeflang/onderdeleneng.htm

bak189

« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2006, 05:44:13 PM »
Nico Bakker at Bakker Framebouw
in the Netherlands has build and will build frames for Kreidler and other 50c.c. GP bikes.  They still race them in Vintage races in Europe.  " Het zyn mooie race-fietsen" (Dutch)  B.B.