Author Topic: /GC vs /PRO  (Read 12584 times)

Offline jimmy six

/GC vs /PRO
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2006, 10:04:52 AM »
Bow.. If you install an engine that was not available in your 240SX you will be able to qualify for GC. I'm not talking about cubic inches here. I mean a design which was not available. It's like a 454 in a 55 chev. Bolts in, but not available in 55. An Acura 2.4L in a Civic is the same.

In impound and inspection you will need proof of what you did. Factory brocheres etc. It's up to you.

I'm not familiar with each SX year model but make sure you follow the GC rules especially when you do you air dam if you install one.

Good Luck
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
/GC vs /PRO
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2006, 10:51:02 AM »
The car obviously needs a sbc in the engine compartment.  They were designed from the factory with that in mind.  I'm sure of it 8) .

c ya, Sum

Offline jimmy six

/GC vs /PRO
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2006, 01:29:12 PM »
I beg to differ with you Sum...You haven't looked at the McMeekin's 240SX with a born to be raced Ford Flathead under the hood. Don't need no steekeen Chebby under my hood...too many belly buttons now..... :) :wink:   :twisted: ....J.D.
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
/GC vs /PRO
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2006, 02:39:36 PM »
Quote from: jimmy six
I beg to differ with you Sum...You haven't looked at the McMeekin's 240SX with a born to be raced Ford Flathead under the hood. Don't need no steekeen Chebby under my hood...too many belly buttons now..... :) :wink:   :twisted: ....J.D.

But if you really want to go fast dump the sbc and the flattie and put a real motor in it.

c ya, Sum

Offline Bow

/GC vs /PRO
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2006, 03:04:01 PM »
Bow.. If you install an engine that was not available in your 240SX you will be able to qualify for GC. I'm not talking about cubic inches here. I mean a design which was not available. It's like a 454 in a 55 chev. Bolts in, but not available in 55. An Acura 2.4L in a Civic is the same.

In impound and inspection you will need proof of what you did. Factory brocheres etc. It's up to you.

I'm not familiar with each SX year model but make sure you follow the GC rules especially when you do you air dam if you install one.

Good Luck

Thanks Jimmy.

I guess if I want to run the motor I have, I would need to get an 89 or 90 model 240 SX, they were only avaible with a SOHC motor, mine is a DOHC, but with the same displacement.

Or stick an SOHC in my car...
Bow

Cut with an axe, Beat to fit, Paint to match

Offline Bow

/GC vs /PRO
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2006, 03:05:03 PM »
Quote from: Sumner
The car obviously needs a sbc in the engine compartment.  They were designed from the factory with that in mind.  I'm sure of it 8) .

c ya, Sum

I would rather push it, thanks... ;)

:lol:
Bow

Offline jimmy six

/GC vs /PRO
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2006, 03:05:39 PM »
Old Pic Sum.....Now it's got a Flattie in it :oops:

Offline Bow

/GC vs /PRO
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2006, 03:07:55 PM »

I have been looking around the Southeast Texas area for an old Datsun in need of an engine...

Most of them get relocated to "South Of The Border" from what I understand...  :(
Bow

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
/GC vs /PRO
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2006, 05:29:48 PM »

I knew you were going to say that :D :wink:  .  I saw it with the flathead 6-8 years ago it seems, at b'ville, but haven't seen it since, but was told it has been back.

I think Tom still has the B/BFCC record at 294 mph that he set with it, even though it isn't his any more.  I can still remember seeing it in staging.  It made a big impression on me.

c ya, Sum

Offline Bow

/GC vs /PRO
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2006, 09:06:05 PM »
That is what amazes me about LSR...

it is really "Run what you brung". People will stuff every type of engine in any car...
Bow

Offline Dynoroom

• Global Moderator
Yep
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2006, 10:44:37 PM »
Quote from: Bow
That is what amazes me about LSR...

it is really "Run what you brung". People will stuff every type of engine in any car...

Some even go fast & set records...
Michael LeFevers
Kugel and LeFevers Pontiac Firebird

Without Data You're Just Another Guy With An Opinion!

Racing is just a series of "Problem Solving" events that allow you to spend money & make noise...

Offline Bow

Re: Yep
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2006, 03:31:45 AM »
Quote from: dynoroom

Some even go fast & set records...

Scary thought... isn't it... ;)

I am just figuring that in the F/PRO class, Andy Flagg has the record, in a 280Z 2+2 with (at least) a 2.8L inline-6, @ 167.158 mph...

I'm betting my '91 240SX Hatchback with it 2.4L inline-4 isn't going to get that fast.

If I run F/PRO, what are my limits for engine modifications, rear end gearing and other mechanical means of picking up speed, short of adding a blower/turbo?
Bow