Author Topic: Limb restraint and lateral head bar fun.  (Read 13318 times)

Offline Bob Drury

Re: Limb restraint and lateral head bar fun.
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2013, 06:10:36 PM »
  Tman, the only problem is if you weigh 240 like I do, a one armed push-up (when upside down) is beyond my grasp.... I am thinking about glueing a go-cart innertube on top of my helmet................... just sayin..............
                                                              Bob   :roll: :roll:
Bob Drury

Offline wheelrdealer

• D/CBGALT
    • WHEELRDEALER RACING
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2013, 06:56:17 PM »
All good information. Way down here in S. Florida this forum is the primary source of information. Not sure there are a lot of Bonneville clubs down here.

If you practice alone might be good idea to use your gopro camera to record your bailout practice. Review the recording to see what your bailout looks like. Besides you need to charge and cycle your gopro battery anyway.

BR
ECTA    Maxton D/CGALT  Record Holder 167.522
ECTA    Maxton D/CBGALT Record Holder 166.715

WWW.WHEELRDEALER2100.COM

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2013, 07:42:14 AM »

If you practice alone might be good idea to use your gopro camera to record your bailout practice. Review the recording to see what your bailout looks like. Besides you need to charge and cycle your gopro battery anyway.

BR

Even with a helper it's a great idea.  Recordings can be played back multiple times allowing viewers to focus on different details in the same bailout.  Amazing what a camera can catch that we didn't "think" was there or happening.

Ed

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2013, 09:09:45 AM »
Pork Pie had a very comprehensive bailout.  Strapped in, eyes closed, inspector called out what control to touch, random callouts.  After he was convinced he knew where everything was, we closed him in and the inspector told him he had an emergency at speed and had him call out what he was doing as he did them. Good bailout
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Tman

« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2013, 09:57:05 AM »
  Tman, the only problem is if you weigh 240 like I do, a one armed push-up (when upside down) is beyond my grasp.... I am thinking about glueing a go-cart innertube on top of my helmet................... just sayin..............
                                                              Bob   :roll: :roll:

That might be a solution! :-D

Offline NathanStewart

« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2013, 10:52:49 AM »
  Nathan, I wish their was a section in our rulebook for "Common Sense" answers like yours.  It's a Dodge shame that only you and Dan have the Cajones to post frequently on our site.
  I understand all the Politics, Privacy and Personality issues, but I wish the SCTA/BNI hierarchy would understand just how important this site is to EVERY COMPETITOR WHO DOESN'T LIVE IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA or doesn't belong to a member club.
                                                               Thanx again, Bob

BD, I certainly appreciate the compliment but it's a little stigmatic to say that those who don't post do so because they don't have cajones and that I do.  I just happen to be a "forum guy" in general and I happen to be an "SCTA guy" as well.  If someone has a question that I can answer, why not answer it?  I'm sure if you called up any of the tech inspectors and asked them the same question you'd get a very similar answer.... it's just that I happen to be here on the fourm.  And it's probably more of me being stubborn and maybe a little too out spoken at times than having cajones but nonetheless I try to help out when and where I can. 
El Mirage 200 MPH Club Member

Offline wheelrdealer

• D/CBGALT
    • WHEELRDEALER RACING
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2013, 11:23:47 AM »
Nathan Stewart:

I appreciate all tech feedback. It's a 2,700 mile tow one way for me. I was able to adjust or fix a lot of things before I got to the salt in 2011. Of all the things we did we still forgot to address two important issues that I did in fact remember reading here but forgot in the rush to get ready.

Item one was the inertia switched to interrupt the electric fuel pump on impact. Fortunately there was a guy with a few for sale on the salt. Took a few minutes to wire up. The second was the way we set up our fuel vent. It was good on the roof, one the passenger side but the inspector pointed out that if the car rolled and stayed on the driver's side fuel could siphon out. We were thinking of the check ball in the tank but that ball might not seat if the car settles on its side. A few AN fittings and some hose it was safe from all sides.

Trust me when I say there a bunch of things we learned from this forum that we changed before we arrived at Speedweek. Otherwise we might have been spectators. So a big thank you for sharing your tech inspection insights with all of us.

BR

Nathan, I wish their was a section in our rulebook for "Common Sense" answers like yours.  It's a Dodge shame that only you and Dan have the Cajones to post frequently on our site.
  I understand all the Politics, Privacy and Personality issues, but I wish the SCTA/BNI hierarchy would understand just how important this site is to EVERY COMPETITOR WHO DOESN'T LIVE IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA or doesn't belong to a member club.
                                                               Thanx again, Bob

BD, I certainly appreciate the compliment but it's a little stigmatic to say that those who don't post do so because they don't have cajones and that I do.  I just happen to be a "forum guy" in general and I happen to be an "SCTA guy" as well.  If someone has a question that I can answer, why not answer it?  I'm sure if you called up any of the tech inspectors and asked them the same question you'd get a very similar answer.... it's just that I happen to be here on the fourm.  And it's probably more of me being stubborn and maybe a little too out spoken at times than having cajones but nonetheless I try to help out when and where I can. 
ECTA    Maxton D/CGALT  Record Holder 167.522
ECTA    Maxton D/CBGALT Record Holder 166.715

WWW.WHEELRDEALER2100.COM