Author Topic: 'Spirit of Munro' Bert Munro Special  (Read 15671 times)

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Re: 'Spirit of Munro' Bert Munro Special
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2013, 10:31:00 AM »
I admit to getting cornfused by the number of racers whose last name is Cook, so a bit of explanation/introduction would help.  And where does this "Jellybean" live/work?  I don't see anything in the "location" blank on his avatar list. :evil:
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2013, 11:37:55 AM »
IF the body work is illegal, MAYBE 'cause of safety issues, how can it run SCTA T.O.?
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2013, 12:12:41 PM »
It cant. No dustbin fairings. Safety issue
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Offline Nortonist 592

• http://www.artfv.com/design/fashion/
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2013, 03:19:03 PM »
If they hang a sidecar on it it will be legal.  Maybe this could be a good subject for the other TV reality drama thread.
Get off the stove Grandad.  You're too old to be riding the range.

Offline saltracer1

« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2013, 05:19:44 PM »
What's a dustbin fairing?

Offline bak189

« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2013, 05:59:39 PM »
"Dustbins" are legal to run AMA/FIM................................................................

(Dustbin Fairing....a fairing that cover most of the front wheel...on sidecars the fairing covers ALL of the front wheel....on solo bikes, as per AMA/FIM rules, the fairing has to be mounted so the lower part of the front wheel shows ...below the front axcle)
PS. HOWEVER, on the Munro bike the fairing is below the front axcle....so not legal by todays rules.....BUT legal if a sidecar were to be mounted....even legal with a "wheel on a stick"
PS,PS. There is NO safety issue with a Dustbin fairings, only a possible issue if the cross-wind is more then 5mph.....so you don't run and wait until the wind is down.........just like the 2 wheel streamliners
Question authority.....always

Offline bak189

« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2013, 06:16:52 PM »
Hey.....how about that!!!!!! That "Munro replica" is not legal to run SCTA/BNI due to the front-fairing...but is legal for the BUB (if they cut the front-fairing to the level of the front axcle) .....then it is not legal to run the BUB due to the long tail section....but the long tail section is legal for SCTA/BNI...................................

Makes a great "show bike"
Question authority.....always

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2013, 09:55:57 PM »
Isn't that what it was built for?
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Koncretekid

« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2013, 09:29:24 PM »
This Hayes Diesel bike ran last year - -time only, but not very fast.  So who knows what tech will allow for time only.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 09:34:59 PM by Koncretekid »
We get too soon oldt, and too late schmart!
Life's uncertain - eat dessert first!

Offline Dead Roman

• New folks
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2013, 09:50:27 PM »
Seems like going fast just isnt what it used to be.

Offline RansomT

« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2013, 11:54:21 AM »
I would like to see the bike first hand, but for the life of me I can't find out where they are showing it.   A lot of buzz on that evil site that illegally gathers all of your data and sells such data to the highest bidder (Facebook), but nothing about where you can see it.

Offline mtkawboy

« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2013, 08:52:42 PM »
I think the wait until 2014 is as much about advertising as it is making sure the motor will make enough power & be durable enough not to embarrass anyone. It wouldnt look good to show up with a turd that scatters itself all over the salt. Thats a tough deal with a new design engine going against tried & true 200+ mph Harleys. Anyway thats just my opinion.

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2013, 09:36:58 PM »
Wow!  That's something new!  Jon's filter doesn't include turd!

Let's all get together and suggest its substitute.

Taurus?  Titanic?  Tit?(no!)  Thunderbird?  Trombone?(Maybe too much like the lower digestive tract.)

Help 'im out!   

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2013, 08:41:45 AM »
Well, gee whiz, boys and girls -- I didn't want to stomp too hard on youse guys.  I could ask my grandkids for a list of elementary school words and come up with substitutes for 'em all, but thought I'd tackle the main ones first.  It's been a few years and this is the first time you've mentioned that I missed one.  Shall I add "turd" to the list of words-to-be-changed?  Obvious choices: Toronado, Toyota, Taurus, Trans Am, Thermognifactor.  Any others?
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline RansomT

« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2013, 10:36:42 AM »
I think the wait until 2014 is as much about advertising as it is making sure the motor will make enough power & be durable enough not to embarrass anyone. It wouldnt look good to show up with a turd that scatters itself all over the salt. Thats a tough deal with a new design engine going against tried & true 200+ mph Harleys. Anyway thats just my opinion.

On one of the official early press releases, it stated that it wasn't going to run (race) this year (2013) because they were going to tour the bike.  But, no where can I find a tour schedule.