Author Topic: Pre-event SpeedWeek 2013  (Read 164519 times)

Offline Graham in Aus

Re: SpeedWeek 2013
« Reply #75 on: April 30, 2013, 09:12:07 PM »
10 DAYS LEFT!

to take advantage of $200 savings.

Is there any saving / benefit for a spectator to be a BNI Member  :?  :-D

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #76 on: April 30, 2013, 10:02:39 PM »
Patrick and Graham, its great that you are coming over here again.  Hope you have good luck at speedweek.

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #77 on: April 30, 2013, 10:09:27 PM »
When you add up all the benefits of being a BNI member -- it's a bargain.  Rule Book, Program, Poster, Pass and more.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #78 on: May 01, 2013, 09:48:55 PM »
9 DAYS LEFT!

The 2013 SpeedWeek Pre-Entry Form is posted on the SCTA-BNI website along with the BNI Membership Form.  I know some of you are already planning to attend, so enter NOW to take advantage of $200 savings.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Phil Bennett

• 1978 Indy 500 Pace Car
« Reply #79 on: May 02, 2013, 08:14:16 AM »
When you add up all the benefits of being a BNI member -- it's a bargain.  Rule Book, Program, Poster, Pass and more.

Interesting.  So, I'm coming to Bonneville for my first Speed Week with wife (excited) and 7 year old (very excited) from the UK just as spectators.  We're wanting to get the most out of the trip and intend to spend time in the pits and also out on the salt watching the runs.  We're there for 4 days.  So, based on this, would it be worth while getting membership?  Would the BNI membership card get us anything which we wouldn't be able to access/view compared to just buying daily/weekly spectator tickets?  I've not seen much about parking the RV to get access to the pits, would this mean different parking?  Would we all need membership including our son?

A lot of questions I know, so sorry.  Just want to make sure I know in advance so we have the best time possible.

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #80 on: May 02, 2013, 10:10:26 AM »
Thanks for the reminder Stan, got my pre-entry and hotel res. in yesterday. I am a lot poorer today!! :roll: :cheers:
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #81 on: May 02, 2013, 10:57:44 AM »
Phil, buy a membership for you... that gets you a rulebook and membership card right now, so you can review the classes and know what you are looking at. You will also get a gate pass, a member sticker or patch and a poster in the mail later.  You will pick up your program for free at the races.
Buy week passes for the wife and kid from Linda at the gate.... unless you want everyone to have their own poster, program and rule book...

Stop by our pit or see us in the line, car 1411, yellow streamliner, we can see how the kid looks in it... bring your camera
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline SLCMike

• New folks
« Reply #82 on: May 02, 2013, 12:49:39 PM »
How much is a BNI membership :? Thanks

Offline jo maoma

« Reply #83 on: May 02, 2013, 12:50:56 PM »
US = $70/yr
Canadian = $90/yr
Internationals = $110/yr

Offline Phil Bennett

• 1978 Indy 500 Pace Car
« Reply #84 on: May 02, 2013, 03:16:39 PM »
Stop by our pit or see us in the line, car 1411, yellow streamliner, we can see how the kid looks in it... bring your camera

Thanks for the info, and an even bigger thanks for the offer, it's much appreciated.  I've just woken Lennie up to show him your car, I don't think he'll be going back to sleep for a while with the excitement.  I'll get the membership sorted and then just pick up passes on the way in.

Offline Tman

« Reply #85 on: May 02, 2013, 03:36:01 PM »

Thanks for the info, and an even bigger thanks for the offer, it's much appreciated.  I've just woken Lennie up to show him your car, I don't think he'll be going back to sleep for a while with the excitement.  I'll get the membership sorted and then just pick up passes on the way in.

You will find many crews willing to lend some shade. Bring the kid by our pit as well for a photo. I am with the #416 Green Ford Unibody pickup. We love getting kids involved with racing/hot rodding!

Offline Phil Bennett

• 1978 Indy 500 Pace Car
« Reply #86 on: May 02, 2013, 04:02:04 PM »
You will find many crews willing to lend some shade. Bring the kid by our pit as well for a photo. I am with the #416 Green Ford Unibody pickup. We love getting kids involved with racing/hot rodding!

I've made the mistake of showing the wife these very generous replies and she's getting all giddy herself.  We had spoken a few weeks ago of trying to find a few crews to get in touch with so our lad would feel involved in something really special.  You can expect to see three very excited (probably a bit red) Brits to be bobbing about from Sunday morning onwards. 

Offline Speed Limit 1000

« Reply #87 on: May 02, 2013, 05:55:30 PM »

[/quote]

I've made the mistake of showing the wife these very generous replies and she's getting all giddy herself.
[/quote]

Kids of all ages are always welcome, a wise man once said "If you do not grow up by the age of 50, you do not have to" :cheers:
John Gowetski, red hat @ 221.183 MPH MSA Lakester, Bockscar #1000 60 ci normally aspirated w/N20

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #88 on: May 02, 2013, 06:08:54 PM »
Phil:  You've shown your family the photos and other stuff here on landracing.com, haven't you?  If not -- go ahead.  In the photo gallery there are thousands of images to make your son or wife or even you -- want to get out to Bonneville even sooner.  Here's a hint, though, for you to pass on to others that aren't as lucky as you and will be staying at home:  During SpeedWeek this website offers live streaming audio from the salt.  It can be boring, I'll admit, if you aren't familiar with land speed racing -- but for those of us that have spent our years, our time, and our money out there -- it's music, pure and simple.  The folks back home can listen - and maybe, just maybe, if you and your flock mosey over to the Seldom Seen Slim pit trailer - - one or two of you will be interviewed as newcomers to the salt flats.  Find us early so we can "promo" it and schedule a time for later - and then you can tell the folks at home when to listen to hear you raving on and on.

See you on the salt.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #89 on: May 02, 2013, 07:54:43 PM »
9 DAYS LEFT!

The 2013 SpeedWeek Pre-Entry Form is posted on the SCTA-BNI website along with the BNI Membership Form.  I know some of you are already planning to attend, so enter NOW to take advantage of $200 savings.

AND the assured opportunity to have a picture of your car/bike in the super-deluxe, coffee-table quality publication that is the annual Speedweek program.

Stan comes across as cranky sometimes, but when he starts WRITING IN RED, you'd better listen up - it's for your own good.
"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll: