Author Topic: Pre-event SpeedWeek 2013  (Read 164505 times)

Offline JimL

Re: SpeedWeek 2013
« Reply #300 on: July 29, 2013, 03:34:13 PM »
Koa is 10-15 bucks for dump station and water fill up.  It is near the front of the lot, across from the office.  Pay first.

Offline Texican

« Reply #301 on: July 29, 2013, 08:15:33 PM »
  Slim,
Did Mike have spigot attached to a fire plug last year?

Some where I thought I heard something about that, or maybe just one of
those urban legends.

Part of the ambiance. :-D
After all, as Mr. Mayor, he can probably dip into the city slush fund and say "Good Will".

Jim

Offline fastroadster

• New folks
« Reply #302 on: July 29, 2013, 11:04:33 PM »
Talked to Mayor Mike the other day, he said they will have porta-pottys at museum for us. He said only the "Cool Guys" will be camping there!! So that's why me and my brother will be staying there!!!!  See you guys at the BBQ Sat. at our Camping site. Please only "Cool Guys and Gals allowed):cheers: Hahahhahahha
"Fear is temporary, Pride is forever" Semper Fi

Offline bigdaddyusmc

« Reply #303 on: July 30, 2013, 01:56:54 AM »
For Sale
2013 SPEEDWEEK PRE-ENTRY
After a year of planning ..... We are just not going to be able to make it to SPEEDWEEK 2013
If your interested give me a call or send me a email.
Do not send message through this forum... I don't check it that much

Randy Chenowth
619-994-8187
saltfever@cox.net
BAGNELL BAGGO CHENOWTH RACING

Offline Schruiber

• Granite Falls High School Eco Car Teams
« Reply #304 on: July 30, 2013, 12:10:21 PM »
After many years going to World of Speed this is the first time for me to SpeedWeek (thanks Freud for the suggestion!)  I called to get a BNI membership, was told this close to SW to get it on the salt – BNI membership will get me all kinds of goodies, patch, poster, decals, news letter and….. the Bonneville Nationals Speed Week entry pin.  My question how do I get on the salt to get that without that pin? I will be arriving Friday the 9th in the evening.  To get off to a good start I did already print out Landsendlynda’s “Lane Guide”  posted earlier in this thread.
Thank you  -  Michael
T-2011 - Granite Falls HS UrbanAutos Diesel - 31.16668MPH over the measured mile  at WoS 2011.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #305 on: July 30, 2013, 12:46:09 PM »
Well, a bribe of donuts and coffee never hurts with Lynda.  Or I wouldn't be surprised if you gave her the $15 for a one day pass, went in and got your BNI membership and package and pin and then returned to Land's End (on your way out that evening) and asked her for the money back.  I think she's said she'd work it that way -- keeps you honest and her, too.  Give it a try.

Jon a/k/a SSS
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Bob Ellis

« Reply #306 on: July 30, 2013, 04:03:27 PM »
Finally ready to go!!!
Leaving for Brisbane Airport in 30 minutes,See you all on the salt!!!

I'll be in the tech area working,so come say g'day,,just ask for Kiwi Bob-really looking forward to seeing the Turbinater come through,,,

Bob Ellis
DLRA Chief Car Inspector
DLRA 200 mph Club.

Wanna go fast??  Come to Lake Gairdner! (It's Down Under!!)

Offline landsendlynda

« Reply #307 on: July 30, 2013, 04:19:14 PM »
Since it will be Friday when you arrive, as long as the salt is still open, you can go to the Registration trailer without pause!!!  Tech days are free to the public.  Since I have to account for the day passes, it's easier for me to "loan" my pin out until you can get your own.  I do require a couple of things first though, you have to let me know what it is you are planning on doing and if it's on a race day, a small donation to Save the Salt!

If your arrival is after JoAnn has left for the day, you can get one after the driver's meeting on Saturday.

Ah yes, Saturday......Participants will be allowed on the salt as soon as I get permission to open the gate.  Spectators will be allowed on the salt starting at 7 a.m.

Because my "Point" daughter is pregnant (YAY!!!  FINALLY!!!)   I will be on point Saturday morning after sunup.  I'll have my reflector vest on and will be wandering up and down the road separating vehicles with orange stickers from the line of spectators. So, if you see me, I'll be guiding you to the Racer's Lane.  

]REMEMBER......DO NOT BLOCK THE EXIT LANE[/color]
Volunteer roadblock at Land's End! Yes, you need your stinkin badge! I'm your Dream Keeper, I protect your dream on the asphalt so you can chase your dream on the salt!

Offline Chevazon

• New folks
« Reply #308 on: July 31, 2013, 10:31:47 AM »
Hi Guys - newbie here from the UK. I will be visiting for only 3 days 8th, 9th and 10th to visit the Salt for the first time.
There are a number of things I need to know -
1, Is there camping available and what are the facilities
2, Does anyone need a hand for a couple of days.
3, What food outlets are present.
4, Is there a cure for Salt Fever ???

I have accomodation in Wells but would rather be where the action is so any beds nearby would be welcome.

Offline hotrod

• Black Horse photo
« Reply #309 on: July 31, 2013, 10:47:00 AM »
1. Yes open to primitive camping (tents) on the dried mud flats "at the bend", gets muddy very fast if we have rain.
Also camping at the future museum site just on the eastern edge of Wendover  about 3 miles from the bend.
Porta johns available last couple years near the bend and bathroom and show facilities at the truckstops
2. probably
3. The salt flats cafe right at the highway 80 exit (at the truck stop) that takes you to the flats plus more just a couple miles away in Wendover
4. sadly no it is an incurable affliction who's only treatment is annual exposure to salt and sun during August and September. Some seriously afflicted take treatments into October.

Larry

« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 10:48:32 AM by hotrod »

Offline Dean Los Angeles

« Reply #310 on: July 31, 2013, 10:59:16 AM »
Hey Slim!

Can we separate this thread into "Pre-Speedweek 2013" and start a new "Speedweek 2013" so that in the future you won't need to go 20 pages into the thread to find the racing. Thanks!
Well, it used to be Los Angeles . . . 50 miles north of Fresno now.
Just remember . . . It isn't life or death.
It's bigger than life or death! It's RACING.

Offline dw230

« Reply #311 on: July 31, 2013, 11:30:41 AM »
Why not just skip to the last page, scroll back to where you finished reading yesterday.

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline F104A

• http://www.landspeed.com
« Reply #312 on: July 31, 2013, 12:16:48 PM »
Hey Leadfoot, the last time we needed to fill a 175 gallon tank, we went to the fire department and they did it free.
Ed

Offline dw230

« Reply #313 on: July 31, 2013, 12:58:18 PM »
For those looking for streaming audio I just found this in my inbox:

SCTA Announces Audio Streaming of the 2013 Bonneville Speed Week Orosi, CA USA, July 30th Tuesday, 2013

Scott C. Andrews SCTA Secretary/Chief Timer

The SCTA wishes to announce that for the first time a live audio broadcast will be available through the SCTA website www.scta-bni.org. This is a first for the SCTA in officially releasing real time audio information from the famed Bonneville Salt Flats in Utah during this year's Speed Week.

Sponsors, fans, supporters and families of those in competition can join with the announcing staff consisting of Harold Osmer and Ron Christensen during the entire week of speed trials and record setting attempts this year. The SCTA is expecting in excess of 500 vehicles in competition to break those elusive and special SCTA Bonneville records and now you can hear the show as it happens live.

To hear this year's show simply go to the SCTA website www.scta-bni.org and look up the link under 2013 Bonneville Speed Week information. After you have clicked on the link you will be sent to a special page with the show streaming live.

The Southern California Timing Association (SCTA) sanctions land speed racing trials in two locations. Racing is conducted six times each year at the El Mirage Dry Lake bed in Southern California and also the world renowned Bonneville Speed Week in August combined with the World Finals in October of each year at the Bonneville Salt Flats in northwestern Utah.

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #314 on: July 31, 2013, 02:53:14 PM »
Dean:

Howzabout if I start a new thread for SpeedWeek -- some time early next week?  I'll retitle this one (assuming it'll let me do so) as something like "Pre-SpeedWeek 2013" and the new one will be designated something to let all know that it's the one for putting "current event" posts on.  Will that do it for youse guys?
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com