Author Topic: Pre-event SpeedWeek 2013  (Read 164506 times)

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Re: SpeedWeek 2013
« Reply #285 on: July 23, 2013, 12:45:14 PM »
Well, umn, unh, it's not that I don't believe you, yanno.  It's sorta like "I'm from the Government and I'm here to help you" - I don't believe you. :roll:

Seriously, I took your comments as a good omen, but with the big hassle we go through making Salt Talks happen -- I wanted to contact Mike directly for his first-person report.  Next we contact Smith's Grocery store to order the food.  And wait 'til you get to Salt Talks this year.  We're going to have a race team help out like we've never had help.  Nancy and I still want volunteers to sell tickets and flip burgers and so on - but one team has stepped up with some new offerings.

And of course -- donations for the raffle are still welcome. 

And final note:  we were hoping to have live music with a band touring the States, but that won't happen 'til '14, it looks like.  But if you've got a guitar and amp or drums or something and want to jam a bit -- we'd love to have you there.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Tman

« Reply #286 on: July 23, 2013, 09:17:58 PM »
Slim, maybe you, Tony and I can work to keep a space clear at the site. Tony and I know Saturday will be tight but Sun/Mon should be easier.

Offline typo41

• Huntimer Photography
« Reply #287 on: July 24, 2013, 11:15:00 AM »
I talked directally with Mike earlier this week. We (Tman and I) are cleared for a spot on parking 'lot' area. The HAMB BBQ is Saturday and I have planned my little fest on Monday as to not work against Salt Talk, and I want my get together for the racers who are my greatest supporters and photo subjects. So we will be cooking some sliders on the hot plate, with some water and Costco sodas starting around 3:30, that is around depending on everything.
So back to the spot, I hope to have it 'roped out' on Thursday when I get there, and it will be free on Sunday. So contact me and we can see what we can do,,,909.213.0679
Tony Huntimer
Huntimer Photography

Offline mkilger

« Reply #288 on: July 25, 2013, 10:31:36 AM »
hey Tony, 3:30??  us working  dont get off the salt till after 7pm oh man I going to miss your party too :cry:
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 10:35:40 AM by mkilger »

Offline Frankie7799

« Reply #289 on: July 25, 2013, 07:10:11 PM »
So without going back and reading all 19 prior pages, can we get a recap of those of you who are going? Im trying to get a kitchen pass to go up for Friday thru Monday and it would be great to get to meet some of you if I make it up there.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #290 on: July 25, 2013, 07:49:06 PM »
Come find Nancy and me at the pit.  It's a big black trailer liberally decorated with stickers proclaiming "Seldom Seen Slim Land Speed Racing" - as you'd expect.  We usually park right by the main pit entrance/impound/registration.  Stop by and say howdy, you hear me? :-o
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Frankie7799

« Reply #291 on: July 25, 2013, 09:16:53 PM »
Will do SSS. Glad you got over your bee sting today. Saw Nancy's post on FB about it. Scary stuff. Looking foward to my first taste of the salt.

Offline Tman

« Reply #292 on: July 26, 2013, 12:26:02 PM »
So without going back and reading all 19 prior pages, can we get a recap of those of you who are going? Im trying to get a kitchen pass to go up for Friday thru Monday and it would be great to get to meet some of you if I make it up there.

We should be near the front of the pits close to tech again with the #416 Unibody. Usually pretty close to Slim and the White Goose guys

Offline Frankie7799

« Reply #293 on: July 26, 2013, 12:34:30 PM »
Sounds good T. Timmys track stands out pretty well in the pics I've seen of it.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #294 on: July 26, 2013, 05:22:25 PM »
Here's a note from Jonathon Boxhold out in Wendover (I think).  It's lodging for someone with a family or crew, I think, I betcha. . .

JoAnn asked me to contact you re. a 2 bedroom apartment (furnished) in West Wendover for rent.  Tenants will have access to a laundry room and pool.  Rate = $250/day, $1400/wk. or $2000/2wks.

It is in great condition with new furniture.

Please call Jonathan at Ph.#808-222-7007 or Email: jtboxold@hotmail.com

Toby (his preferred moniker) has just added another lodging space:

Studio (unfurnished) for rent in Wendover UT.
Daily rate : $130.00
Weekly rate : $700.00
2 Week rate : $1200.00

Pictures available for those who are interested. 
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 07:29:16 PM by Seldom Seen Slim »
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Dan Stokes

« Reply #295 on: July 27, 2013, 10:16:50 PM »
Looking forward to seeing everyone in Impound.  Dan W and I continue our unholy alliance and I know I greatly enjoy seeing all you guys half way to your goal.  I'll be the shorter old guy in Impound.

Dan
Wilmington, NC - by the sea

ECTA idiot, Bonneville volunteer

Offline Leadfoot

« Reply #296 on: July 29, 2013, 03:11:17 PM »
Does anyone know a good place to fill up our trailer with fresh water in Wendover ?  I don't want to haul all the water with us. Thanks..............

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #297 on: July 29, 2013, 03:25:15 PM »
How much water do you want -- 100 gallons -- or a tanker full?  There's a spigot at the Pilot truck stop - west side of the building, near the front corner.  Air machine right next to it, and the "employee parking" lot behind.  You'll need your own hose -- regular garden hose thread.  I'd suggest that if you use that spigot you go inside and buy something, and don't fill your 8,000 gallon tank - just the 100.

The Quality Inn has spigots here and there around the building, but if you're not staying there Jaime, the manager, will let you know that you are NOT welcome to take his water.  I don't know of others right off, but ask Mike Crawford at the CarQuest auto parts store on the far east end of Wendover, Utah.  He's mayor and might know where to get some H2O,  His sister and Linda work at the West Wendover Tourist Center and can probably steer you towards water.  The KoA will certainly have water, even right at the entrance, not just the individual parking spots -- but they might frown on you fillinig if you're not camping with them.  Ditto the new campground by the Nugget.

There -- that's a start for you.  Oh, yes -- the truck stop at exit 4 has water, too.  Some years it's been "Help Yourself", some years it hasn't.  I don't know what this year portends.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Leadfoot

« Reply #298 on: July 29, 2013, 03:28:56 PM »
Ok thanks just need 130 gallons or so............

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #299 on: July 29, 2013, 03:32:23 PM »
If you're going to put the water in your camper vehicle -- last year Mike Crawford allowed folks with campers to dump their dirty water tanks at the brand-new sewer of the Museum parking lot -- free.  Ask him if the deal is still available.  I don't know if they've got fresh water there yet, although I've heard the parking/camping area has been expanded by five acres over last year.  Free camping, of course.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com