Author Topic: Pre-event SpeedWeek 2013  (Read 164517 times)

Offline landsendlynda

Re: SpeedWeek 2013
« Reply #240 on: July 02, 2013, 01:17:29 PM »
Ok, gotta do this quick while the internet goblins are feasting on someone else's  internet service instead of mine!!!

Just a reminder everyone, the lanes will be set up just like they were last year coming into Land's End.  Remember there are 4 count 'em 4 lanes but only 3 lead onto the salt!!!  The 4th lane (that would be on the driver's side of the vehicle, also known as the North side of the road) is the EXIT/EMERGENCY LANE!!!  This is a DO NOT ENTER LANE and will get you an unhappy discussion with me!!  It will also delay your advance to the salt!!!  The only vehicles that use that particular lane are the officials in the morning and my crew trying to get in place to help you through faster!!!!  The lane that is in the middle of the road and straddles the yellow line is the Racer's Thru Lane, if you've got your Pins for everyone in your vehicle, that's your lane for the entire week.  If you know you will need more than the 4 pins you get after inspection, you can get them from us anytime. 
THURSDAY AND FRIDAY are inspection days and are FREE to the public, but if you are going to Spectate all week, get your passes before Saturday!!!

If you are NOT A VOLUNTEER........NO YOU CANNOT SET UP YOUR PIT ON WEDNESDAY!!!!  Let me repeat that...

IF YOU ARE NOT A VOLUNTEER/WORKER......NO YOU CANNOT SET UP YOUR PIT ON WEDNESDAY!!!!!

If you need to leave passes with me for people showing up later, put them in an envelope with your name and entry number, let me know when they are expected and I will make sure they get them at Land's End.   

It's going to be an exciting year and I can't wait to see all of you again!!  Stay Safe,  Safe Journey, and....I'll see you on the salt!!!!!

Lynda

PS MM,  I have no idea where your hat is, have you checked the top of your head?

See ya soon!!!!

Volunteer roadblock at Land's End! Yes, you need your stinkin badge! I'm your Dream Keeper, I protect your dream on the asphalt so you can chase your dream on the salt!

Offline Elmo Rodge

« Reply #241 on: July 02, 2013, 01:29:50 PM »
Thanx Lynda.  :cheers: MM, I think your hat is at my house.  :-) It's the olive drab one, right? Wayno

Offline 1leg

« Reply #242 on: July 04, 2013, 04:03:48 PM »
What is the chance of finding a open hotel room for speedweek? just found out that i can go.....
Jerry
SDRC Member since 2013

As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.
Psalm 27:17

Offline jimwebb

• Nuts Racing Home
« Reply #243 on: July 05, 2013, 09:09:54 PM »
WhooHoo! The tube of joy came today! Nice retro poster!
The Big Red Truck From Texas
Chock Full O' Nuts
Record Holder AA/PP A/PP B/PP C/PP D/PP (Oops, Larry got this one!) E/PP

velocity

« Reply #244 on: July 07, 2013, 01:05:13 PM »
 The lane that is in the middle of the road and straddles the yellow line is the Racer's Thru Lane, if you've got your Pins for everyone in your vehicle, that's your lane for the entire week. 

[/quote]

Lynda - for those media types who lurk, but don't post anything on this site, do they use the middle lane IF THEY HAVE ALL CREDENTIALS from JoAnn?

Offline Freud

« Reply #245 on: July 07, 2013, 07:59:51 PM »
I miss Him.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline Dr Goggles

• The Jarman-Stewart "Spirit of Sunshine" Bellytank
    • "Australian Bellytank" , http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/
« Reply #246 on: July 07, 2013, 10:26:51 PM »
I miss Him.

FREUD

Hi Pa, anything we should know on that front????
Few understand what I'm trying to do but they vastly outnumber those who understand why...................

http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/

Current Australian E/GL record holder at 215.041mph

THE LUCKIEST MAN IN SLOW BUSINESS.

Offline Freud

« Reply #247 on: July 08, 2013, 12:21:27 AM »
I wish I knew something.

Guess I'll have to go to San Diego to visit

my daughter and slip by to annoy him.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline Dr Goggles

• The Jarman-Stewart "Spirit of Sunshine" Bellytank
    • "Australian Bellytank" , http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/
« Reply #248 on: July 08, 2013, 12:41:42 AM »
Pass on my regards. :cheers:
Few understand what I'm trying to do but they vastly outnumber those who understand why...................

http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/

Current Australian E/GL record holder at 215.041mph

THE LUCKIEST MAN IN SLOW BUSINESS.

Offline landsendlynda

« Reply #249 on: July 10, 2013, 02:01:34 AM »
The lane that is in the middle of the road and straddles the yellow line is the Racer's Thru Lane, if you've got your Pins for everyone in your vehicle, that's your lane for the entire week. 

Lynda - for those media types who lurk, but don't post anything on this site, do they use the middle lane IF THEY HAVE ALL CREDENTIALS from JoAnn?
[/quote]

Really?  Holy Cow!! Let me try this one more time.....ANYONE who has their week passes/day passes ie: racers, media, crew, spectators, officials, the dog down the street....use the thru lane. 

Lynda
Volunteer roadblock at Land's End! Yes, you need your stinkin badge! I'm your Dream Keeper, I protect your dream on the asphalt so you can chase your dream on the salt!

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #250 on: July 10, 2013, 09:43:47 AM »
Which lane?  Could you explain all that again  :roll:
Just kidding....   :-D
So which lane is the LandsendLynda welcome home hug lane... oh wait I already know that, it will be the one with the long waiting line.
See ya on the salt  :cheers: :cheers:
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline MyRideisMe

• Can't wait for my first Speedweek
    • Hot Rod and Custom Car Community
« Reply #251 on: July 10, 2013, 05:22:47 PM »
Another name missing from the possible 400MPH list is Bobby Moore

Exchanged emails with Bobby Moore. He said the Maro Special is missing the engine and FOR SALE. A no show for Speed Week. I hoped to be there when he went over 400. Been tracking him for years... nicest group of guys!
pikesan
Pictures of all my cars including my 1927 Lakes Roadster Modified called, "Bonnie"

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #252 on: July 11, 2013, 09:42:38 AM »

Exchanged emails with Bobby Moore. He said the Maro Special is missing the engine and FOR SALE. A no show for Speed Week. I hoped to be there when he went over 400. Been tracking him for years... nicest group of guys!
pikesan

They are great guys, visited Tom Hanna's shop several times...
Even at $.10 on the dollar that car would be out of the reach of most of us.
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #253 on: July 11, 2013, 11:05:27 AM »
We are chasing electrical gremlins, imagine that, on the Speedweek bike. Hope to get it sorted out and tuned this weekend. :?
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Offline Tman

« Reply #254 on: July 11, 2013, 04:53:46 PM »
Another name missing from the possible 400MPH list is Bobby Moore

pikesan

That is such a bummer. I love that car, we were picking up Tim at the top end last year when the liner got sideways and almost ended up in our back pocket..........it was so close we did not know what was happening!