Author Topic: Pre-event SpeedWeek 2013  (Read 164515 times)

Offline bigtim44

• NaCl addict
Re: SpeedWeek 2013
« Reply #135 on: May 16, 2013, 11:27:42 AM »
Stan
I need to email a picture of our race vehicle, to go with our pre entry for the race program,who shall I email it to?
Thanks
Tim

TOMORROW IS THE LAST DAY TO PRE-ENTER!
Salty Box Racing #622 B/DT

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #136 on: May 16, 2013, 11:49:57 AM »
All pictures should be sent/emailed to the SCTA main office.  Be sure to identify your vehicle by its SCTA vehicle number as that's how the pictures are accounted for.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
    • Ray the Rat's Chevy Asylum
« Reply #137 on: May 17, 2013, 08:21:22 AM »
he e-mailed me for corrections to my entry

He thought it was wishful thinking when Chris entered in B/BFS  :cheers:

Not this year . . . Still haven't found that Soviet era ZIL limo motor for my Com Rod.

Here is an avatar if you ever do.  :-D
Holy smokes!  That's the sign at the Utah state line!

« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 08:25:27 AM by RayTheRat »

Offline Buickguy3

« Reply #138 on: May 17, 2013, 09:27:07 AM »
  Ray, Where have you been? Or have I just been reading the wrong parts of the forum? Is the car ready to go?
     Doug :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
I keep going faster and faster and I don't know why. All I have to do is live and die.
                   [America]

Offline Hooley

« Reply #139 on: May 17, 2013, 10:48:36 AM »
Earlier this year I received some info about Speed Week. I think I remember it talking about off road vehicles [mini-bikes, motorcycles, 4 wheelers, ect]  that would have to be licensed  or have some perment of some kind to be on the BLM property.  We haven't had any such transportation in our pit.  We now have a small motorcycle that isn't street leagle and don't now whether or not to bring it.  Does any one remember what I'm talking about?? 

Thanks,
Hooley
"Just Glad To Be Here"

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
« Reply #140 on: May 17, 2013, 11:41:29 AM »
Hooley,

you will find the note at the SCTA page

http://www.scta-bni.org/pdf/SpeedWeek_Stipulaitons.pdf

Earlier this year I received some info about Speed Week. I think I remember it talking about off road vehicles [mini-bikes, motorcycles, 4 wheelers, ect]  that would have to be licensed  or have some perment of some kind to be on the BLM property.  We haven't had any such transportation in our pit.  We now have a small motorcycle that isn't street leagle and don't now whether or not to bring it.  Does any one remember what I'm talking about?? 

Thanks,
Hooley
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

Offline Dean Los Angeles

« Reply #141 on: May 17, 2013, 01:20:19 PM »
$30 for an out-of-state OHV permit. You can apply online and have it mailed to you.
http://www.stateparks.utah.gov/ohv/out-of-state-registration
Check this link to see if you need an OHV permit. California and Oklahoma OHV registrations are good in Utah.
http://static.stateparks.utah.gov/docs/NROHVstates2012.pdf
Well, it used to be Los Angeles . . . 50 miles north of Fresno now.
Just remember . . . It isn't life or death.
It's bigger than life or death! It's RACING.

Offline Hooley

« Reply #142 on: May 18, 2013, 11:24:54 PM »
Thanks Pork Pie and Dean,

That is what I was wondering about. Thank for posting it. I guess it is for all the Bonneville area.  I hoped it was for the bend and not the salt.  Since the bike isn't registered and it doesn't need a title here it might be cheaper to get a Potty from Jon and not bring it along. It would sure be easier to get around in the pits. Walking is good for you anyway.

Hooley
"Just Glad To Be Here"

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #143 on: May 19, 2013, 09:59:35 AM »
Which comment reminds - and makes me smile since just yesterday I was thinking that it's about time to start telling all of youse guys how to go about getting a private toilet for SpeedWeek 2013.

I'll post the story later -- gotta go work at the mini storage business right now -- but you'll need to contact Trevor at Honey Buckets to make your arrangements.  he delivers the units to our pit and you fetch them from there - as well as a small padlock to keep your unit yours, not open to the public.  You pay a flat fee for the event plus a service fee for each time you want the unit pumped and cleaned.  More later. . .
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Hooley

« Reply #144 on: May 19, 2013, 10:18:02 PM »
Keep this quite but most race cars/ bikes aren't registered.  What will we do, what will we do???
We don't want to open up a new can of worms.

I put the bike up for sale and will use that money to rent a potty or I can charge the pit crew to use it.  hehehe My poor pit crew, what they must think of me.

No Name
"Just Glad To Be Here"

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #145 on: May 20, 2013, 01:14:42 AM »
Hooley, I hope to get a speeding ticket... record is way above 45... there are several bikes that might not have their OHV permit but they won't get a speeding ticket  :roll:
See ya on the salt  8-)  :cheers:
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Mac

« Reply #146 on: May 22, 2013, 01:02:50 PM »
Two ideas for you..
1. CA and many states have reciprocal licensing agreements with UT, so if it is licensed here, it is good there.
2. Failing that, make sure who ever is riding the bike has a helmet and looks/acts responsible. You will attract less attention and hopefully avoid detection. FYI - Golf carts are also exempt. I checked with UT DMV.

3. Happy news - race bikes and cars enrolled in the event are exempted from the licensing rules. I asked that one too!

Feel free to email me if you have any concerns. miriammacmillan@me.com

Miriam

Offline Hooley

« Reply #147 on: May 22, 2013, 11:12:52 PM »
Thanks Mac for checking on that. 
                 A lot of racers at the drags have little mini bikes to get around in the pits. They are not able to be registered with state [Okla]  so there isn't  title or tag for them. There isn't anyone that bothers you unless you are doing something bad wrong. Then they just ask you to stop of leave.     We don't have to register them, hell we don't even have to register trailers unless they are commercial or big.  Car/ other small trailers are if you possesses it,  it is yours.  No tags ,no taxes every year. Yeap, they are targets for thieves.

Thanks again,
Hooley
"Just Glad To Be Here"

Offline gas pumper

« Reply #148 on: May 23, 2013, 02:13:51 PM »
We travel with two golf carts and an ATV.

In 2011 I bought a UT registration for the ATV since I was using it to commute to the Bend and that route takes one onto State of UT property. I did get asked by the pit guard to buy an orange pit vehicle pass for the ATV, and I did.  The golf carts did not get passes.

In 2012 I did see two cases of the BLM stopping an ATV and an "off-road golf cart".

They told the golf cart guys to remove it from the area (start line, long course), and they loaded up onto a truck and took it away.
Two kids on an ATV by the dumpsters were surrounded by BLM cops and cars and I don't know the outcome of that. But I would think it was not good.
Crew for 608 AA/GL.
Crew for The Flying Seven, 7207, XO/GCT, V4/FCT Loring.

Offline Billy @ AHG

« Reply #149 on: May 24, 2013, 10:20:12 PM »
I had this thought, no really ! For years we have accused the BLM of doing nothing in regards to the flats and surrounding areas,Now I'm wondering if we opened a can of worms.
after watching them comming down on people just kicking back and enjoying a small campfire to the kids putting around on mini bikes at the Bend, now we are seeing hopped up side by sides with cop light racks on them. So is the next thing patroling the pits and return road for unlicenced pit bikes and other non licenced pit vechicles, Or did we bring this on our selves ??
Salt Junkie