Author Topic: EV1 concept idea  (Read 9731 times)

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
EV1 concept idea
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2006, 03:59:34 PM »
Quote from: PorkPie
By the way, the whole concept is just for fun, call it relaxing during the normal CAD work in the office.

Hey I thought if you were going to build a theoretical car you should have some theoretical questions to keep you from having too much fun :D .

I agree with all your comments on keeping the rear clean (one reason I think Seth's lakester was so fast) and also the negative things that ground effects can do on one of these cars.

c ya and maybe we had both better get back to work  :cry: ,

Sum

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
EV1 concept idea
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2006, 04:11:11 PM »
Hey I thought if you were going to build a theoretical car you should have some theoretical questions to keep you from having too much fun  .

Sum,

life is so serious..... 8) .....I will have fun, still than if I comes to the point of a serious :? theoretical question..... :wink:

Honestly, one of the reason, why I do this theoretical concept - it give me a feedback for realistic solutions - in other words - what's possible - what isn't - so that I can give a better answer if someone ask me about my opinion.......you never stop to learn.... :shock:

See ya
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
What would help is
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2006, 04:35:34 PM »
some pictures of the EV that Burke Le Sage tested maybe 15 years ago that was from Santa Barbara I think.
I have a print of it I saw the other day and you might be surprised.
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

Offline EVLEE

• http://www.metroevents.com/jordaneng/index.htm
EV1 concept idea
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2006, 11:55:19 PM »
My EV1 car will have a flat bottom from front to rear no so called ground effects just a lip that sticks out from the bottom passed the sides to keep the air  that the nose of the car has pushed to the side of the car from going under the car.

To get as little frontal area as possible the driver will never be comfortable like EZ-HOOK  or any lay down car.
 I am Honored that you used my project to do a little brain teasing with!!!

The Lightning Rod had 2 x 8" motors and I think 24 to 26 batteries
 My car and as yet un named?? will have 1 x 9" motor or 2 x 8" motors with
 13 to 16 batteries depending on what it takes to stay under weight (1099 lbs)
 I hope to get some CAD time in hear soon but still working on Ideas and maybe a suspenstion.
                                      Lee
 Keep the Ideas Coming.!!

Offline Dr Goggles

• The Jarman-Stewart "Spirit of Sunshine" Bellytank
    • "Australian Bellytank" , http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/
Watts in a name?
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2006, 01:40:49 AM »
Hi Lee and Porkie
No name yet Lee?......not thinking of throwing it to the gallery are you?....there's no shortage of serious brain power and hi-torque wit here......maybe some of it could be used for coming up with a fitting handle for your machine .

Courtesy of Warner Brothers Inc and their aggressive legal department a band that I was in had to change our name , we had hundreds of great suggestions in the end despite thinking it was our business alone, it was actually flattering in a way ...........there's a gulf between "that'll do" and something truly inspired...why don't you start a new thread?......and er, no I don't have anything on the tip of my tongue.
Few understand what I'm trying to do but they vastly outnumber those who understand why...................

http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/

Current Australian E/GL record holder at 215.041mph

THE LUCKIEST MAN IN SLOW BUSINESS.

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
EV1 concept idea
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2006, 02:23:47 PM »
Jon, you add picture to your message, why it didn't work when I like to do it???
Can you check the problem - thanks in advance.

If you can't fix it, can you add the missing picture - I sent them the other day by email.

See ya
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
EV1 concept idea
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2006, 03:08:24 PM »
Quote from: PorkPie
Jon, you add picture to your message, why it didn't work when I like to do it???
Can you check the problem - thanks in advance.

If you can't fix it, can you add the missing picture - I sent them the other day by email.

See ya

What is the file size of the picture you are trying to post?

Sum

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
EV1 concept idea
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2006, 04:31:57 PM »
Sum,

the size is very small, like the other two - between 28 and 65 KB - so normally it couldn't be a Problem.

Unfortunately, I heard nothing from Jon, that I get a idea how I can fix the problem.

I tried them again, but it didn't work, sorry.

See ya
Pork Pie

landracing

EV1 concept idea
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2006, 07:54:07 PM »
Here you go for the rest of the pictures.

landracing

EV1 concept idea
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2006, 07:56:18 PM »
Pork Pie,

I posted these without any problems... Cant fix was isnt broke...

I had to resize all of them so they dont stretch the screen. If you stay with 600pixels width, it stays within the size of the screen. Most programs will allow you to change just that value and it will keep the height in perspective also.

Jon

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
EV1 concept idea
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2006, 09:25:19 AM »
Ok, Jon,

at first, thanks that you add the picture.

This with the data size (wide) isn't a problem - I know how to do this - I got the necessary programs.

The last time when I tried to attach the picture - it told me that I'm over the allowed 2 MB attachable data size.......

Is there a problem with my "user", that I add too much picture - if so, did you got a chance to clean this up.
I checked in my profile, but there is nothing which had to do with the attachment or size.

Thanks again
Pork Pie