Author Topic: My salt addiction  (Read 342090 times)

Offline Frankie7799

Re: My salt addiction
« Reply #810 on: April 11, 2015, 02:43:02 PM »
Thatll definitely stand out on the salt Joe. Nice choice

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #811 on: April 13, 2015, 10:29:19 AM »
Thanks guys! It's taken me a couple years to finally decide what colors to go with, now I just hope it will look as good in person as it does it my head.

We got Hank all primered up, (again) over the weekend, little more blocking and it'll be ready for paint.

The next major undertaking will be my front clip... Stay tuned.
Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberish. The product of a demented hill billy who has found a way to live out where the winds blow. To sleep late, have fun, drink whiskey, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love or getting arrested.    H.S. Thompson

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #812 on: April 13, 2015, 01:30:38 PM »
Your progress continues to look good Joe.  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

It's fun to go back to page 1 and look at the original car. The chop looks so right. The proportions are so much better than the original.

Pete

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #813 on: April 13, 2015, 02:43:10 PM »
Thanks PJ! I find myself going back to the first page any time I feel like I haven't accomplished much up to this point. It sure helps the motivation!

This round of blocking should go much quicker. I hope to have her all sealed and ready for paint by this weekend. I'm starting to run out of time. I now know what all of you mean by the last minute "thrash"!

Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberish. The product of a demented hill billy who has found a way to live out where the winds blow. To sleep late, have fun, drink whiskey, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love or getting arrested.    H.S. Thompson

Offline tauruck

« Reply #814 on: April 13, 2015, 05:09:28 PM »
Awesome deal Joe!!!!!.

You've come a long way but you're over the worst of it now.
Hank looks even cooler in primer. :cheers:

Offline SteveM

« Reply #815 on: April 17, 2015, 03:36:01 PM »
I like the green & orange a lot!

Any chance of getting "Classic & Antique" or other similar license plates so that you can occasionally drive it on the street?

Steve.
1/2 of the Rampage Brothers

Offline Tman

« Reply #816 on: April 17, 2015, 05:28:58 PM »
Can't wait to see it in orange!

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #817 on: April 17, 2015, 06:32:17 PM »
Thanks Trent!

Steve, you are not the first guy to suggest this. As a matter of fact one gentleman in particular isn't very happy about me making it a race car only. He thinks Hank would look much better on the street, and I kind of agree with him. Alas, Colorado roads are far from smooth and I'm fairly confident I'll need substantially more ground clearance than I have now. Well, that and a radiator, and lights, and signals, and... You get where I'm going with this.

I completely forgot to show you guys how the wheels turned out. This picture is of the rear wheel. I had the moon discs done the same so that the fronts will match. I also plan on doing all my lettering and numbers in the same green. FYI its 2014 Camaro Synergy Green...

Offline Captthundarr

• In line
« Reply #818 on: April 17, 2015, 10:30:24 PM »
Yep Joe, dat be GREEN :-D
Live,Laugh, Love /  Jack Scratch Racing /ECTA   
Amy Hartman-Driver, Frank Hartman-everthing else.
C/GALT 137.65 Ohio Mile check that 144.12 2013, AA/GALT 159.34 Ohio Mile 2014. B/GALT 180.577 RECORD 6/15

Offline Tman

« Reply #819 on: April 20, 2015, 08:36:26 PM »
Kermit green

Offline SteveM

« Reply #820 on: April 21, 2015, 10:40:28 AM »
The wheels look fantastic!  I'm sure that Hank will look great in orange, with green highlights. POW!

Parts really take on "life" when some color is sprayed!

Awesome project.

Steve.

Offline SteveM

« Reply #821 on: April 21, 2015, 10:49:17 AM »
I don't want to hijack your thread, but just want to re-affirm that I think green & orange look good together....

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #822 on: April 21, 2015, 12:14:21 PM »
Thanks Steve!

I sure dig that little truck of yours!

Offline BobDcuda

« Reply #823 on: May 08, 2015, 01:35:38 PM »
Hey Joe, whatcha been doing?  How's progress?

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #824 on: May 11, 2015, 10:49:12 AM »
Howdy Bob! Things are moving right along. BTW thanks again for the lead on the cylinder head guy! Wes is awesome to work with and did an excellent job! The engine is almost screwed together, the car is finally ready for paint, and I've been working on the fiberglass nose . Sorry no pictures.

I am all registered up SpeedWeek, so the thrash is on!

I hope to have the car all painted up in the next week or two. Then all I have left is everything else!

I noticed that my front tires have a terrible weather crack all the way around the bead. I'm a little concerned. They have been stored indoors, and out of the sun for the entire time I have owned them. I made a few calls and found that is an issue with these tires. They tell me that they will replace them at a fairly substantial discount, but it's still a little disheartening.

I'd also like to throw out a big "Thank You!" to Don Ferguson for saving my bacon with some rods and pistons. I ran into some issues with the rods that I had previously bought for the project and after a few calls Don saved the day!