Author Topic: What to join?  (Read 3808 times)

bomberfrank

What to join?
« on: May 19, 2006, 11:59:05 AM »
I'm looking to join either the USFRA or the SCTA.
Which would be more beneficial?  Might sound like a stupid question, but one worth the asking.
Thanks.

dwarner

What to join?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2006, 12:14:09 PM »
To run at World of Speed in Sept. you must be a member of the USFRA. To run Speedweek or World Finals you must be a member of BNI. To run an SCTA meet at El Mirage you must be a member of one of the SCTA clubs.

Option 1, 2 and 3 are mutally exclusive.

DW

bomberfrank

What to join?
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2006, 01:24:35 PM »
I'm a ways away from actually being able to run anything that I would want to try.
I'm just interested in a show of support and getting a set of rules to which to build something.
So with that (hopefully clarification) what is the best group to join and support?

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
Re: What to join?
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2006, 01:31:35 PM »
Quote from: bomberfrank
I'm looking to join either the USFRA or the SCTA.
Which would be more beneficial?  Might sound like a stupid question, but one worth the asking.
Thanks.

If you are going to Speed Week for sure join BNI (SCTA).  For your 60 bucks you get into Speed Week, so you save the daily or weekly fee there. You get a Speed Week Poster, you get the rules book, which you will need to build a car; you get the program for Speed Week, which you will want.  You also get some other smaller items.  If you added it all up I would think it would come to more than 60$.  They also have 2 meets a year.

You can't join SCTA per se, it is made of of member clubs, so you would need to join one of the individual clubs.  BNI is under SCTA, confused :?: , you aren't the only one.

c ya, Sum

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
what to join
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2006, 02:39:51 PM »
Some clubs like the Gear Grinders have memberships available for out of town racers. They are provided with a monthly news letter and other club items. You can contact Bob Webb at the following and he will give you or mail you the information. BTW we have a biker living in BC now.
Glen

gagrip@earthlink.net
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

dwarner

What to join?
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2006, 02:45:12 PM »
I'm just interested in a show of support and getting a set of rules to which to build something

In this case, BNI is your best bet like Sum wrote. You can join on the salt, get your goodies and be in the midst of the action.

DW

Offline DCarr511

What to join?
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2006, 07:55:17 PM »
How do you go about joing BNI ? I checked out the SCTA-BNI site and didnt see anyway to join.

Offline Dynoroom

• Global Moderator
What to join?
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2006, 08:16:43 PM »
Quote from: DCarr511
How do you go about joing BNI ? I checked out the SCTA-BNI site and didnt see anyway to join.

DCARR, go back to the SCTA web site, at the very top of the page you'll see Bonneville, ElMarige, Home, etc. Click on Bonneville, there you'll find a down load for becoming a BNI member.
Enjoy!
Mike
Michael LeFevers
Kugel and LeFevers Pontiac Firebird

Without Data You're Just Another Guy With An Opinion!

Racing is just a series of "Problem Solving" events that allow you to spend money & make noise...

Offline DCarr511

What to join?
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2006, 09:21:45 PM »
Quote from: Dynoroom
DCARR, go back to the SCTA web site, at the very top of the page you'll see Bonneville, ElMarige, Home, etc. Click on Bonneville, there you'll find a down load for becoming a BNI member.
Enjoy!
Mike

Thanks ! Its printed out and ready to be filled out.

Duane