Author Topic: UK TV BBC2 Speed Dreams  (Read 15422 times)

Offline salt

• EMD2CLM - B2CLM
Re: UK TV BBC2 Speed Dreams
« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2013, 12:25:42 AM »
Just watched episode 2 - wow.
I think some men need a place like Bonneville that promises everything, makes you humble in the process, and keeps you coming back for more.

Willi
Who Has More Fun?

Offline Speed Limit 1000

« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2013, 01:14:01 AM »
THANK YOU to the BBC for supporting our sport. May we all go faster this year :cheers:
John Gowetski, red hat @ 221.183 MPH MSA Lakester, Bockscar #1000 60 ci normally aspirated w/N20

Offline maj

« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2013, 05:44:25 AM »
Thanks , realy enjoyed both episodes,  :cheers:

Offline pofg

« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2013, 07:31:44 AM »
All seems very well received... so Stephen is leaning hard to try and get the commission to come back again this year... and if he does, hopefully so will our sponsors! Seems even the BBC have Salt Fever!

Thought it showed the spirit of the Salt very well... and as much as it sticks in my throat a bit to say it, the Land Speed Louise comments were great because it was easier for someone else to explain why we all have to come to the Salt each year.

Brit public seem to have loved it, can't wait to see the viewing numbers!

Cheers
Rick

PS TMan, just text me your PIN and I'll pop round to your bank and make sure the Swiss account is working fine. I promise I'll call you from South America...
Grazing the Gravel Trap of Insanity.

#1133 Flower of Scotland.

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2013, 11:39:09 AM »
I thought overall it was a great show, would have liked to watch it all on the big HDTV instead of the computer but maybe later.  Nice rig driving through the part 2 interview at 52:30...
It should be required viewing for all rookies thinking of hitting the salt to break a record, right after they watch Worlds Fastest Indian.
Hang in there guys, being there and trying is how it gets accomplished.  :cheers:
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2013, 11:42:25 AM »
The Beeb did a great job! Thanks!

Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ
Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

Offline oz

• Geordie Power.
« Reply #51 on: January 15, 2013, 11:42:38 AM »
You know it 2014 is the target with an all new vehicle whoop whoop I got an itchy welding trigger finger!!
Newcastle born and bred a City built on Coal and Steel and a people built of stronger stuff

Offline Tman

« Reply #52 on: January 15, 2013, 12:00:53 PM »
I will say that I am sorry I did not come over to say howdy to you Brits on bikes. Especially since you were pitted so close to us. I did stop once but it was in the middle of one of those thrash's so I didn't interupt.  :oops:

Offline thundersalt

• www.americanrvservicecenter.com
« Reply #53 on: January 15, 2013, 01:25:30 PM »
Good show,  :cheers:

Oz,
 you should have ate more at the Flame. It might have loosen things up a bit.
916 REMR
2017 AA/FRMR Bonneville Record holder 234.663
2018 AA/GRMR El Mirage Record holder 223.108
2020 AA/BGRMR Bonneville Record holder 252.438
2021 AA/BGRMR Bonneville Record holder 262.685
El Mirage 200 MPH Club
Drivers/Owners: Brian & Celia Dean

Offline Tman

« Reply #54 on: January 15, 2013, 05:53:31 PM »
All seems very well received... so Stephen is leaning hard to try and get the commission to come back again this year... and if he does, hopefully so will our sponsors! Seems even the BBC have Salt Fever!

Thought it showed the spirit of the Salt very well... and as much as it sticks in my throat a bit to say it, the Land Speed Louise comments were great because it was easier for someone else to explain why we all have to come to the Salt each year.

Brit public seem to have loved it, can't wait to see the viewing numbers!

Cheers
Rick

PS TMan, just text me your PIN and I'll pop round to your bank and make sure the Swiss account is working fine. I promise I'll call you from South America...

Ask John McAfee how that worked out for him! :-o I do however have friends in Curacao, I think that would be safe.

Offline landsendlynda

« Reply #55 on: January 15, 2013, 09:12:04 PM »
Awesomeness!!!!  I watched both parts today!  Great job BBC and racers!!

Lynda
Volunteer roadblock at Land's End! Yes, you need your stinkin badge! I'm your Dream Keeper, I protect your dream on the asphalt so you can chase your dream on the salt!

Offline dw230

« Reply #56 on: January 15, 2013, 10:18:00 PM »
Shades of World's Fastest Indian and the increased interest from that film. I have recieved 3 emails in the last 2 days from the UK asking about info for running the salt.

Good job BBC, Flower Team and all the bike guys.

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline Scott

« Reply #57 on: January 15, 2013, 10:38:41 PM »
Good shows very enjoyable.
I can't imagine the logistics involved in coming that far. It's hard enough from here. And like they all said it isn't easy.     SB
push truck driver

Offline pofg

« Reply #58 on: January 16, 2013, 03:23:53 AM »
Actually would like to take 2 mins and thank everyone of the organizers who spent time with the BBC and show us such a great welcome each year. From episode 2, Greg and Scotty both come across fabulously and "set the scene" really well... episode 1 was similarly excellent... I think the only person who's upset people over here is Monty accusing Green cars of being unlucky.. lots of shouts of "Has he never heard of British Racing Green"??? ;-)

Thanks one and all
Rick
Grazing the Gravel Trap of Insanity.

#1133 Flower of Scotland.

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
« Reply #59 on: January 16, 2013, 05:41:42 AM »
Actually would like to take 2 mins and thank everyone of the organizers who spent time with the BBC and show us such a great welcome each year. From episode 2, Greg and Scotty both come across fabulously and "set the scene" really well... episode 1 was similarly excellent... I think the only person who's upset people over here is Monty accusing Green cars of being unlucky.. lots of shouts of "Has he never heard of British Racing Green"??? ;-)

Thanks one and all
Rick

When we brought the streamliner (now Flower of Scotland) the first time to the salt it was the same green as now....and after ten runs we had set three records and had two driver in the 200 MPH Club...I wouldn't call this unlucky....here in Germany...Green stand for Hope....and never give up..... :-D
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)