Author Topic: UK TV BBC2 Speed Dreams  (Read 15425 times)

Offline kiwi belly tank

Re: UK TV BBC2 Speed Dreams
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2013, 10:29:05 PM »
It doesn't matter what accent we have, we all make the same sound.
Thanks Rick.
  Sid.

Offline pofg

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2013, 06:19:38 AM »
I'm told there has been a "Worldwide" version made (with subtitles? !) that should be coming to your shores in HD glory at some point... it is REALLY worth watching in HD. In the meantime, I hope whoever put that episode up on You-tube does the 2nd one as quickly, else those with IP maskers will be able to watch episode 2 from early Monday I'd guess.
Am told it's a lot more about the racing... hopefully I'll be allowed to smile in this episode and they'll acknowledge the fact we're sponsored instead of making me out to be some millionaire banker that bought my way in (to my own idea/project/dream)... you'll be amazed by the vitriol and scorn poured on me because they used the words "Swiss" and "Banker" in the intro... there are a lot of sad people out there on the UK forums.
Anyway... all publicity etc... over 3 million people are reckoned to have watched it so far...
And it's great to get that Salt buzz in dark and dreary January!
Cheers
Rick
Grazing the Gravel Trap of Insanity.

#1133 Flower of Scotland.

Offline Tman

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2013, 10:12:52 AM »
Rick, those of us that know you realize you are the real deal and have worked hard to make the Flower faster and faster. Now, about my secret Swiss Bank account, I forgot my pin #, can you call me later? I am busy winterizing my yacht right now ! :-D :cheers: :roll:

I'm told there has been a "Worldwide" version made (with subtitles? !) that should be coming to your shores in HD glory at some point... it is REALLY worth watching in HD. In the meantime, I hope whoever put that episode up on You-tube does the 2nd one as quickly, else those with IP maskers will be able to watch episode 2 from early Monday I'd guess.
Am told it's a lot more about the racing... hopefully I'll be allowed to smile in this episode and they'll acknowledge the fact we're sponsored instead of making me out to be some millionaire banker that bought my way in (to my own idea/project/dream)... you'll be amazed by the vitriol and scorn poured on me because they used the words "Swiss" and "Banker" in the intro... there are a lot of sad people out there on the UK forums.
Anyway... all publicity etc... over 3 million people are reckoned to have watched it so far...
And it's great to get that Salt buzz in dark and dreary January!
Cheers
Rick

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2013, 10:19:03 AM »
Rick, those of us that know you realize you are the real deal and have worked hard to make the Flower faster and faster. Now, about my secret Swiss Bank account, I forgot my pin #, can you call me later? I am busy winterizing my yacht right now ! :-D :cheers: :roll:

T, that would definitely be a land yacht where you are!  :-D :-D :-D

Pete

Offline Tman

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2013, 10:36:43 AM »

T, that would definitely be a land yacht where you are!  :-D :-D :-D

Pete

Well, the Badlands WERE an ocean a million years ago! BTW, take this arctic blast back to Canada, it is finally chilly today!

Offline JustaRacer

« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2013, 10:41:52 AM »
Did this ever (or will) show on BBC cable feed to US?  My kids are hooked on BBC programming, it's about 90% of what they watch on TV.  Sad to say, the Brits do TV better than Americans do now.  They even got me hooked on Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Who.
My doctor told me to go out and kill people.
Well, sort of.  He told me to reduce the stress in my life.

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2013, 12:45:21 PM »
Waiting for part two, enjoyed  part one. :cheers:
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2013, 02:45:17 PM »
Did this ever (or will) show on BBC cable feed to US?  My kids are hooked on BBC programming, it's about 90% of what they watch on TV.  Sad to say, the Brits do TV better than Americans do now.  They even got me hooked on Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Who.

The BBC Sherlock Holmes series was excellent. They did not skimp on production and the quality of the acting, direction, screenwriting, and cinematography was superb. It is also now approaching 20 years old. Not all BBC programming is this stellar; there is a lot of crap mixed in with the gems.

Most US commercial TV has, unfortunately, sunk to the intellectual level of twelve year olds-- and ignorant 12 year olds at that.

Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ
Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

Offline oz

• Geordie Power.
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2013, 04:08:57 AM »
Part one is now on Youtube so anyone can get it heres the link!

https://www.youtube.com/embed/GFCBOwD-BwI

Cheers Oz
Newcastle born and bred a City built on Coal and Steel and a people built of stronger stuff

Offline dw230

« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2013, 05:09:11 PM »
Doesn't anyone read these things. See post #7.

I am going to open a bottle of Cab.

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2013, 06:35:35 PM »
Doesn't anyone read these things. See post #7.

I am going to open a bottle of Cab.

DW
Well Dan, we used to have a spell checker here but now you just have to do some deciferin! :-D
  Sid.

Offline Steve Walters

« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2013, 02:02:35 PM »
Sid;

Thats Dans way of letting us know that, (He does'nt always drink box wine, and when he does'nt he opens a bottle of Cabernet).   :wink:

Steve
I've been from Bone to Blackfoot, but still just a Newbie here.

Wa's Bad Banana
B/CGALT

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2013, 02:05:25 PM »
Yeah and he always has a cold beer close by just in case the cork screw is missing, ask Joannie. :cheers:
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2013, 07:33:00 PM »
Actually Dan is telling us sometimes we drive him to drink something stronger than beer....
Although I think it is a good idea to have a link on every page... then the late comers don't have to go so far back   :roll: :-D
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Dr Goggles

• The Jarman-Stewart "Spirit of Sunshine" Bellytank
    • "Australian Bellytank" , http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2013, 07:52:45 PM »
I finished watching it this morning loved it, sooooooooper Britness all over, loved the kitchen shot of the wife in the kitchen( after the seventies shot of he and the missus as rockers) with the Bovril and the HP sauce on the shelf....

The more I watch docos on the salt the more I realise how fine the balance is, it HAS to be made by an outsider yet informed by insiders, if not the general public just can't tell what's going on.

Nice one Rick and co, waiting for the next ..
Few understand what I'm trying to do but they vastly outnumber those who understand why...................

http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/

Current Australian E/GL record holder at 215.041mph

THE LUCKIEST MAN IN SLOW BUSINESS.