Author Topic: 2012 Rookie  (Read 1864 times)

Offline Bjohnny

• New folks
2012 Rookie
« on: December 09, 2012, 01:04:09 PM »
Today I'm watching the 8+ inches of snow falling and realized I did not say THANK YOU to all those I contacted on this forum, (and those I met on the salt) for all the help I got for my/our first trip to Bonneville! It was quite an experience to say the least, and I only got yelled at once, ( and Yes it was my fault ! ). It is easy to now see why you all keep going back each and every time.I know my Grandson had a blast, as did I. The amazing cars, truck, bikes, people...etc., whom didn't ever seem to have a problem answering my dumb questions! Chatting with everyone "in town" at the motels was great as well. Be back soon ! Thanks All !

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
Re: 2012 Rookie
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2012, 01:33:44 PM »
I guess you know by now that you have SALT FEVER that requires a yearly fix. :cheers:
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Jack Gifford

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2012, 12:38:01 AM »
If that's your Buick- thanks for adding to the "variety" in this sport!
M/T Pontiac hemi guru
F/BFL 1-mile Loring record 2020

Offline Nortonist 592

• http://www.artfv.com/design/fashion/
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2012, 01:15:08 AM »
The first year I went I arrived right after a huge rain storm.  The drop off onto the salt at roads end was a drive through a hub deep brine sea.  When you walked around salt packed onto the soles of your shoes.  My wife loved the fact that the salt made you taller.  On one run I missed the graded turn out and rode across ungraded salt.  It was like a snowstorm with the tires flinging salt up in the air.  When I left I told my wife "If I never see this place again I won't miss it!".

I've been going back every year since.  Plans are well in hand for 2013.  Life is funny.
Get off the stove Grandad.  You're too old to be riding the range.

Offline desperate

• www.britchopper.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2012, 04:23:39 PM »
Ha ha, Nortonist, 2012 was my first visit with my old Indian, & before I left the UK I told everyone it was "Just a one-off". I too rode off the ungraded salt & it was pretty interesting. What's this Salt Fever thing everyone tells me about? I never got it. Sorry, I have to sign off now & get back in my shed to work on the new supercharged Indian & raise funds for my return in 2014. :-D
Don't push me, I'm close to the edge.