Tech Information > GearSplit LSR Software

Help needed...

(1/6) > >>

Jack Gifford:
What is 'Gearsplit'?
Where is 'Gearsplit'?
I read all the posts of all the threads in this forum, without finding the answers. None of the links worked.

Stainless1:
Jack, I think it is a program to help you find speeds at RPMs for various tranny and rear end ratios.  We have our own so I have never used it or checked the links

kiwi belly tank:
Try this website, theres a turbo calculator & off to the right in the side bar is the gearing calculator.
http://www.squirrelpf.com/turbocalc/
  Sid.

ggl205:
Too bad GearSplit is no longer in favor. I loaded it on an old XP machine recently and reacquainted myself with its features. For the first time, I have engine dyno and wind tunnel data (Cd) to accurately arrive at correct gearing for power available. You can guess at Cd or back calculate past runs for a Cd but having the actual number makes for more reliable results. Regardless, what GearSplit did is graph time/distance in feet it took to reach max mph in each gear. Having this feature allowed me to see which gears worked best over a given distance. If I have just three miles of track, I can select gears that give me the most mph for that distance. If I have five miles, the graph tells me if I need to make gear changes. Another great feature is the gear graph itself. Torque values from the dyno are represented by a line and show you if there is sufficient torque to pull gears selected over a given distance. Once the gear line crosses torque line, game over. There is no more mph to be had.

So, if you look at the gear chart along with the time/distance chart, you have a good chance of arriving at correct gears for whatever distance you choose to run. I guess the only problems are; having an old XP machine to run the software and getting Dave Dahlgren to sell you a copy.

John

fordboy628:
Performance Trends sells their Transmission Gear Calculator, which does pretty much the same thing.   Plenty of analysis and graphing capability in the Plus version which is what I use.   Runs on current Windows software, so no need for a "frankenputer".

http://performancetrends.com/tg.htm

Std Version $49.95

Plus Version $99.95

:cheers:
Databoy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version