Author Topic: Speedracing on snow (WR : 251 kph or 156 mph)  (Read 3027 times)

speedski

Speedracing on snow (WR : 251 kph or 156 mph)
« on: May 05, 2006, 12:44:07 PM »

Have a look on speedracing on snow on www.kl-france.com

We went to Bonneville last year for watching, we hope to go again in the future for racing !
For the moment we do like you on snow with skis !

St?phane

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Speed Skiing
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2006, 01:09:19 PM »
Those helmets are slick!  Sure wish they were Snell-approved for land speed applications.  The best part is the eye opening that lets the rider see ahead when tucked way down.  It would make those long course runs a tad more comfortable -- not having to crane my neck up so hard to see where I'm going.  Nice shape, too.

And those shiny aero outfits.  Put one on, go to the leather bar, be real popular.  (Did I say that?)

Okay, seriously -- Stephane and his buddies spent some time with us (and everyone) last year at SpeedWeek, doing what all newcomers should do -- serious spectating and learning.  I look forward to them showing up with race vehicles soon.  Welcome to the Forum, friends.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2006, 01:19:44 PM »
I have molds for those helmets, I also have long tail helmet molds for hang gliding and para gliding helmets we use to make for this one company that went belli up. woulda rather had the money instead of useless helmet molds but thats all i wound up when he went bk. ya want one?
kr

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Speed Skiing
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2006, 01:37:12 PM »
Well, yeah, I'd love one -- but you gotta supply it with a Snell 2005 sticker inside so I can get it past tech.  Make it safe to wear while you're at it too, okay?  And make Nancy's in flamingo pink.  Wait'll you see her (other) new helmet -- it goes well with the flamingo motif on her bike.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

stayt`ie

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2006, 06:26:27 PM »
just a thought, could those aero helmets  outer shell be adapted to fit over (securly attach too )  our snell aproved helmets :?:

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
NOT SO FAST
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2006, 08:27:31 PM »
The pictures of Vesco's liner under way with the Speed Skiers bolted on top going down the salt would be interesting here if anyone has a copy.

A non approved finish or attachment to a Snell certified product will void the rating.
Back mounted aero devices can also compromise safety and be indefensible in the event of an injury.
Some may remember a square backed aero lid that met the impact requirements but was taken off the market because it was found to contribute to neck injuries.
Another had a snug fitting neck skirt that caused a driver to drown in his own vomit when he crashed.
You have to be very careful.
It is likely the Hans device will be required in some categories of Drag Racing really soon.
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"