Author Topic: El Mirage results  (Read 38115 times)

Offline roadsterswap

Re: El Mirage results
« Reply #75 on: October 23, 2012, 09:55:49 PM »
I want to mention that Jack would never put me at risk. I will get the timing slip when we got a record, the last bike, the last round with heavy cross winds, torn up track etc., The timing slip  has the wind speed and direction and post them tomorrow. This bike handles bad conditions very well, and safety is always our first concern. If there is ever any doubt, we will not run.

Offline racekid

• 701 C/GMR LeFevers & Jesel
« Reply #76 on: October 23, 2012, 10:01:27 PM »
Very well said, I applaud you tim  :cheers:

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
« Reply #77 on: October 23, 2012, 10:04:03 PM »
Good responses Tim.... experience comes with bumps and bruises but it also lets ya come back swinging....
kent

Offline Tman

« Reply #78 on: October 23, 2012, 10:08:31 PM »
I see while I was writing some things were clarified. Thanks. Yes I am the idiot in round two. I ruined it for my hard working team.

Tim, you are a good guy and glad to call you a pal.  :cheers:

Discussion is good.

Offline jl222

« Reply #79 on: October 23, 2012, 10:22:28 PM »
Wasn't to many years ago that racers were taking their vehicles to the lake bed on the Wednesday before the event to get a good starting position. They left them in line with no security to look over them. Thats why a change was made to earn a staring spot by points earned, As I recall it was Les Liggett that proposed this change and it has worked pretty well. There will always be a person trying to bypass the system. The volunteers are just that and it don't take much crap for them to walk away.

Yea Glen, Roadsterswap was refering about the 222 car running in the regular lanes to get in the 200 lane.

There was no 200 lane in 1990 and as you pointed out racers were going out on Wendsday to get a good starting position. We could never leave that early, but would leave on Friday after work to get a decent starting
spot.  That was pretty crazy and thats when they came up with points for starting position and I believe the 200
mph lane.
  The courses were much better to start with in those days and held up better. Since then there are dairies that have been built and I have an idea that their wells for watering their alfalfa fields are pumping down the ground water. In the past a good rain would flood the lake and take a while to sink in, now it gets sucked up and  the water has no time to smooth the lake.

The way the lineup is now [and going back to 1st come is a no] the 222 would have to start at the back without
a 200 lane. Which would be fine with roadsterswap who thinks its a car show instead of racing.

JL222

Offline roadsterswap

« Reply #80 on: October 23, 2012, 10:38:41 PM »
I dont know what you are talking about. I never mentioned anything about 222 or any numbers of any vehicles. You are confused. Wow why the insults? I don't get it. I never saw a car with 222 at  the dirt this weekend.

Offline jl222

« Reply #81 on: October 23, 2012, 10:55:49 PM »
 Roadsterswap...anyone reading your post would see the only person delusional is you.

JL222

-i think anyone using 222 on their camaro pretending to be a streamliner is delusional
:cheers:

I don't know who posted about the 222 above. BUT when we 1st came to Bville in 1989 we needed a number
we knew nothing about the number system and we said how about 22? [because that was always Troys football number] answer no. 1-25 is an earned number, OK how about 222, yea that's OK. Didn't learn about the consecutive number streamliner bit untill later. Then noticed other non streamliner cars have consecutive numbers before us, like #333 a street roadster.

Not to delusional as we held top speed at Bville for two days a couple of years ago.

JL222

Offline roadsterswap

« Reply #82 on: October 23, 2012, 11:07:54 PM »
wow. Moving on.

Offline jl222

« Reply #83 on: October 23, 2012, 11:11:46 PM »
I dont know what you are talking about. I never mentioned anything about 222 or any numbers of any vehicles. You are confused. Wow why the insults? I don't get it. I never saw a car with 222 at  the dirt this weekend.

Read your own post #43, you make my point.

JL222

Offline roadsterswap

« Reply #84 on: October 23, 2012, 11:55:55 PM »
no point. pointless. i dont know what you are talking about. why dont you pm me and i will give you my phone number and you can help me understand.

Offline slimjim

« Reply #85 on: October 24, 2012, 12:01:00 AM »
Well, I guess it would be unrealistic to draw hard lines about when to call an event and I agree the officials have a very difficult job dealing with so many different factors and personalities at every event. At some motorcycle road racing events I've done when it rained we had a riders meeting and voted on whether to continue or not. Crew chiefs, team owners, significant others, etc... were not allowed to vote. Riders had the final say. Period. We are all big boys and girls here and I'd much rather see the drivers and riders make the decision to run or pack it up after the officials had given us all the information about conditions.
   Before I go any further, maybe I should sit down and read the El Mirage handbook. :roll:

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #86 on: October 24, 2012, 01:05:07 AM »
 Roadsterswap...anyone reading your post would see the only person delusional is you.

JL222

-i think anyone using 222 on their camaro pretending to be a streamliner is delusional
:cheers:

I think this is the one who started the confusion, he didn't know how to quote and add his own text.  Sounds like a newbe who doesn't know the history of our number and who would?  Like JL222 said, when we got it we didn't know the difference.  I guess the one who gave it to u's should have known.  Anyway back to the rants. :-D
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 01:06:48 AM by bvillercr »

Offline Nortonist 592

• http://www.artfv.com/design/fashion/
« Reply #87 on: October 24, 2012, 01:15:55 AM »
Theres more wind flying on this thread than the whole of last Sunday at El Mirage.
Get off the stove Grandad.  You're too old to be riding the range.

Offline jl222

« Reply #88 on: October 24, 2012, 01:28:44 AM »
no point. pointless. i dont know what you are talking about. why dont you pm me and i will give you my phone number and you can help me understand.

Well you might figure it out in the morning when you sober up.

JL222

Offline NathanStewart

« Reply #89 on: October 24, 2012, 02:19:14 AM »
Tail winds turn into cross winds when turning out.

I kept hearing this over and over last weekend and at first I thought on yeah that makes sense but then I thought well wait a minute... you're slowed down to highway speeds by time you turn out.  A 20-30 mph gust should not be able to make you spin out, fall over, or crash at 60 mph.

Quote from: 1212FBGS
1st round is by starting number, 2nd round is by groups ie 1 to 50 then next group 51 to 100, 3rd round is anybody come on up

Kent, take a look at the excerpt from the procedures that I posted (post #19).  I posted up my interpretation (which could be wrong - what do you think?) and the way I read it, you're supposed to get into running order sequence whenever you're in pre-stage so if you're a higher number, lower number vehicles that show up after you are allowed ahead of you.  The other thing that I think is supposed to happen is that once a number group is released from pre-stage to go to staging/starting, a late arrival with a lower starting position does not get to go to the front of the line.  If you show up after your run group has been released then you run at the back of the group that's currently in pre-stage. 

First round is usually ran in groups of 25 (1-25, 25-50, 50-75, etc) as is second round but with bigger number breaks sometimes (1-50, 50-100, etc) and then yes, third round is usually run 'em if ya got 'em BUT, the pre-stage rules should still apply.  Honestly it usually doesn't matter once we make it into third round because the number of vehicles that show up to run is cut in half but second round has consistently been a nightmare for the past couple years and I think it's because the pre-stage rules go right out the window.  And for what it's worth the pre-stage folks have done a lot to improve things (I love that new sign system they came up with) but as anyone who was there this weekend could tell, round two is still out of control.

Not to delusional as we held top speed at Bville for two days a couple of years ago.

Every first vehicle down the track EVER has had the top time of the meet until a faster vehicle runs at some point but I guess you get glory where you find it.
El Mirage 200 MPH Club Member