Author Topic: Do you know who's car this is?????????  (Read 3587 times)

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
Do you know who's car this is?????????
« on: May 02, 2006, 12:04:57 PM »

Does anyone know who's lakester this is with the chute behind the trap door?

Thanks,

Sum

Offline Leon

• http://www.ridgenet.net/~biesiade/
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2006, 01:01:22 PM »
That car was in a vintage four class.  The picture may not be too clear but this is what I got.

That is the chute, It's a square pack mounted up and andgled slightly back.  They were pitted along the rope at the 4 mile end of the pits.  The car had "Running Down A Dream" on the side and was in V4/BGL

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2006, 02:34:18 PM »
Quote from: Leon
That car was in a vintage four class.  The picture may not be too clear but this is what I got.

That is the chute, It's a square pack mounted up and andgled slightly back.  They were pitted along the rope at the 4 mile end of the pits.  The car had "Running Down A Dream" on the side and was in V4/BGL

Thanks.  I found them in last year's entry list as:

#1990 V4 BGL RUNNING DOWN A DREAM AMHERSTBURG ONT CANADA

If anyone knows how to contact them I would like to know.

c ya, Sum

Offline SPDRACR

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2006, 03:02:19 PM »
SUM, YES THIS A BLOWN V/4 LAKESTER OUT OF ONTARIO CANADA IT'S OWNED  BY GAY PIEFER HE WORKS FOR THE FORDS PLANTS. THE SHOOT DEPLOYS GREAT I BELIEVE  HIS TOR SPEED WITH A V-6 HAS BEEN AROUND 210.00MPH E-MAIL ME AT    SPDRACR@MGCI.COM   AND I WILL GIVE YOU HIS PHONE NUMBER.  THANKS ERIC
salt is OK, but the DIRT is where it's at!
Proud 2nd generation Roadster Racer
Muroc 2 club, El Mirage 2 club, Now Bonneville 2 club,       All in a Roadster

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2006, 03:14:10 PM »
Quote from: SPDRACR
SUM, YES THIS A BLOWN V/4 LAKESTER OUT OF ONTARIO CANADA IT'S OWNED  BY GAY PIEFER HE WORKS FOR THE FORDS PLANTS. THE SHOOT DEPLOYS GREAT I BELIEVE  HIS TOR SPEED WITH A V-6 HAS BEEN AROUND 210.00MPH E-MAIL ME AT    SPDRACR@MGCI.COM   AND I WILL GIVE YOU HIS PHONE NUMBER.  THANKS ERIC

Thanks I'll send you and e-mail and forward the info to Reverend Hedgash who is building his lakester similar to this one and is interested in the chute layout.

The internet is great :D .  Just think how long (if at all) it would take to get all this info 20 years ago to and from people in 3 different countries.

I also noticed that it looks like the car only made one run last year and it was a "turn out".  I hope they got in a run or two that I didn't see in the results.

c ya, Sum

Offline SPDRACR

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2006, 02:59:35 PM »
SUMMER, TYPICAL OF GUYS YOU HAVE A LONG HAUL TO THE SALT GAY ONLY GOT ONE RUN AT BONNEVILLE LAST YEAR. THE NEW MOTOR CONF. IS A EARLY FORD 4CLY. FLAT HEAD WITH A NEW FORD TRITON 3 VALVE CYLINDER HEAD AND A SUPER CHARGER OFF OF A FORD LIGHTING TRUCK.THE PROBLEM WAS THAT GAY DECIDED TO INJECT THE GAS A HEAD OF THE SUPER CHARGER. BEING DRIVEN WITH A FACTORY STYLE SERPENT BELT AT THE HIGHER RPM THE BLOWER BECAME TO EFFICIENT WITH THE GAS AND THE DRIVE BELT COULD NOT HOLD UP. WORKED FINE IN THE DRIVEWAY NOT AT SPEED.THEY WENT THROUGH TWO BELTS ON SAT/SUN WENT TO SALT LAKE ON MONDAY FOR BELTS,WHILE OTHERS STARED TO MOVE THE INJECTORS DOWN STREAM OF THE BLOWER.........THEN RAIN
YOU HAVE TO LOVE MOTHER NATURE  THAY SHOULD RETURN IN ,07 TO TRY AGAIN.  THANKS ERIC
salt is OK, but the DIRT is where it's at!
Proud 2nd generation Roadster Racer
Muroc 2 club, El Mirage 2 club, Now Bonneville 2 club,       All in a Roadster

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2006, 04:15:59 PM »
Thanks for the additional information.  If you have any motor pictures I would like to post them on my site.  I think I remember talking to them about the motor now that you have described it.  Pretty innovative.  Hope they can run this year and things go better :D .

c ya, Sum