Author Topic: speedweek logistics - help needed please  (Read 8840 times)

Swift33

Re: speedweek logistics - help needed please
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2012, 07:51:34 AM »
guys , this is great info , just the type i need . i don't have facebook , is their any other way i can contact Steve French , or anyone else who is looking to share a container from the UK ?

many thanks to all who have replied , it really does make a difference , thank you.

Offline pofg

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2012, 04:28:31 AM »
Try Steve.French "AT" storacall.co.uk

(obviously replace the "AT" with @...)

Cheers
Rick
Grazing the Gravel Trap of Insanity.

#1133 Flower of Scotland.

Offline bak189

« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2012, 08:50:04 PM »
PS.....If you were to race at the BUB all M/C's and sidecar meet....you can ride your bike back to the pit's/start...because "insurance WILL allow it".......no extra person needed.................Oh, yes you are also allowed to ride your race bike in the pits (at low speeds) and you are also allowed to bump/push start your bike in the paddock area.....all the above is NOT allowed at SCTA/BNI Speedweek
PLUS you can race for FIM World Records recognized by the ACU.................
Sorry, you asked for info..........................................................................

PS...PS And (as you noted) if the bike is street legal you can even ride it from the Hotel to the salt....in addition if you want to super tune your 2 stroke motorcycle....you can run at RWB to tune at a much lower entry fee....It's a wonderfull thing..........Cheers......................
Question authority.....always

Offline bak189

« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2012, 09:12:46 PM »
In addition to my last post......like I noted ...if your bike is street legal....ride it from the Hotel to the salt and into the pits.....run it on the race course for the day....ride it back out thru the pits (which is allowed at the BUB Meet) accrossed the salt and back to the hotel.....no problems ...no hassle.......
Question authority.....always

Offline desperate

• www.britchopper.co.uk
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2012, 10:19:40 AM »
Hi Swift, I was one of the Brit contingent of six bikes that went over this year (Indian Scout #563AVG) & intend going back along with Briz & a few more in 2014. This was our first trip & we learned an awful lot, not just about our bikes but about shipping, dealing with the US authorities regarding paperwork, & transportation/costs/living etc once we got there.

The first thing you should do is get a copy of the rule book.

There's a full account of our time in the USA on the Brit Chopper forum, in the form of a section called "The Bonneville Blog" http://www.britchopper.co.uk/forum/ You'll have to register to read it, but well worth a look. We were also followed by a BBC documentary film crew (2 x 1 hour-long programmes, BBC2, January prime-time).

Riding at Bonneville is the BEST thing I've ever done, & I've done a lot! You can get me on 01493 733695 if you want to chat, but you might catch "Salt Fever".
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 10:22:44 AM by desperate »
Don't push me, I'm close to the edge.

Offline Frenchinjection

• APS-BPS 750 Triumph Twin 775 . 152.35 record
    • Saltbike 775
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2013, 09:47:58 AM »
Hi, Steve French here.  We are going this year and are starting the logisitics now.  Last year with 6 bikes we filled a 20ft so the cost were OK, ish.  Ended up around £1300 per bike there and back.  We shipped to LA, collected in a rented cargo van, drove 650 miles to the Salt.  So far I only know of me and now you going.  So with less bkes you end up as a part load in another container which means you have to allow a bit more time for shipping.  Last year the bikes were packed into the containier end of June.  We collected them in LA on 6th July and spent 3 days driving to Wendover.  You can do it in 2 with your eyes closed, but it will hurt when you hit something.  If you want to chat you will find my number on www.frenchinjection.co.uk

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2013, 03:30:31 PM »
What the heck did you do in Wendover for the month before SpeedWeek started?
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Swift33

« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2013, 09:05:18 AM »
A big thank you to all who have replied , i have a better understanding of what i need to do now.

just to let you all know my trip has been delayed till 2014 due to an engine failure during testing , so hope to see you then at speedweek,

Hopefully someone will be willing to share a container in 2014,

thanks again , Swift33 (stu)

Offline oz

• Geordie Power.
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2013, 11:39:38 AM »
Gabriel Uttley is the closest bloke to you into LSR (York) currently building the Angelic Bulldog project Streamliner. A very helpfull fella
and full of good advice.
If I can be of any help I can be reached on 07949275781 or alternativley Leghton buzzard is only a 2 1/2 hours away if you want a beer and a chin wag.

Cheers Oz

there is also a section on the initial page of the site that Beck and myself put together with instructions and forms etc. on how to import a race bike for speedweek.

http://www.landracing.com/faq/oz_import_guide.pdf

http://www.landracing.com/faq/oz_race_exclusions.pdf
Newcastle born and bred a City built on Coal and Steel and a people built of stronger stuff

Offline Frenchinjection

• APS-BPS 750 Triumph Twin 775 . 152.35 record
    • Saltbike 775
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2013, 01:16:51 PM »
Stan, 6th Aug not July. 

Stu, how big an engne failure does it take to delay a year? but no matter, there are some more going in 2014 as well as us again.