Author Topic: Speedweek in 16 weeks  (Read 4592 times)

dwarner

Speedweek in 16 weeks
« on: April 29, 2006, 11:21:00 AM »
Only 16 weeks left.

Click here, turn up the sound and get pumped.

http://www.nishmotorsports.com

DW

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
SpeedWeek '06
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2006, 11:35:01 AM »
Two weeks from day-after-tomorrow to get your pre-registration in -- save money, get your race vehicle photo in the progam, save money, brag that you've pre-entered, save money.

See you on the Salt.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline WZ JUNK

getting ready
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2006, 08:19:29 PM »
Sumner was here Friday and we visited about the car and made some plans.  Hooley has some work to do, but most of what he had planned is already done.  I am going to do some body work, touch up, and add a roof flap.   I thought about redoing the body work and paint on the whole car but I have other projects to do and I guess that will wait until next year.  The big thing is to start saving money for the trip.  The price of gas is going to hit us hard.

John

http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/hooley/hooley-2005.html
Crew chief #974 B/BGCC 1953 Studebaker Past Bonneville record holder.

equimania

Re: SpeedWeek '06
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2006, 07:33:43 PM »
Quote from: Seldom Seen Slim
Two weeks from day-after-tomorrow to get your pre-registration in -- save money, get your race vehicle photo in the progam, save money, brag that you've pre-entered, save money.

See you on the Salt.

Holy sh*t, Batman, this Monday (May 15) is the deadline for preregistration.  I guess I'd better get cracking.

Mark

landracing

Speedweek in 16 weeks
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2006, 08:52:46 PM »
I had gotten a letter. Pre-Entry has been extended to the 22nd of May. It was extended due to mailing problem with March Straight Away News.

MUST BE POSTMARKED NOW BY MAY 22nd.

Jon

Offline Stan Back

Speedweek in 16 weeks
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2006, 12:23:17 PM »
But you got to get it in by the 15th if you want to be listed in the program.  That deadline didn't change.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
SpeedWeek entries
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2006, 01:38:54 PM »
I finished the application forms for Nancy and me, folded up the medical forms, enclosed a check and the photo (only one -- I emailed the other), and sealed the envelope, all ready to mail it.  Then I got to wondering just how much it weighs...and found it was 1.1 ounces -- would have come back from the post office for postage due, and my entry wouldn't have made it in time.

Don't get so anxious that you forget the little stuff!

PS  Happy Mother's Day to all of you.  Nancy got a new helmet from me today -- it goes well with the paint scheme on her bike.  Now all we've got to do is put a strong bike under her. . .
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
Re: SpeedWeek entries
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2006, 02:52:19 PM »

PS  Happy Mother's Day to all of you.  Nancy got a new helmet from me today -- it goes well with the paint scheme on her bike.  Now all we've got to do is put a strong bike under her. . .

So when do we get to see a picture :?:

c ya, Sum

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
speedWeek
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2006, 03:04:50 PM »
You mean that photo (my avatar) of me & Seldom Seen Slim himself isn't good enough to satisfy you?

I supppose I could take a photo of the new helmet -- but maybe we'll wait 'til next weekend at Maxton and take a photo of Nancy wearing the helmet then.  She'll be recognisable, that's for sure.  You know how her bike's got a flamingo-themed paint job?  The helmet goes with that concept.  Of course I've gotta learn how to attach a photo to this forum.

Hey, Sum, you're pretty good at it.  Maybe you can tell me how to do it.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
Re: speedWeek
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2006, 04:39:50 PM »
You mean that photo (my avatar) of me & Seldom Seen Slim himself isn't good enough to satisfy you?

Not you, Nancy, the helmet and the bike.  Much nicer to look at :wink: .

Of course I've gotta learn how to attach a photo to this forum.

Hey, Sum, you're pretty good at it.  Maybe you can tell me how to do it.

Most of the photos I put on here I post on my site and then include a link to that picture in my message body here.  Use the following as an example:

-IMG-http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/phx-goodguys1.JPG-/IMG-

replace the "-" (dashes) above with left and right facing brackets "[]" and put in the web address of the picture.  If you go to the picture on the web right click on it then click on "properties".  Next copy and past the address (URL) into the above.  That will work with most pictures you find on the web.

If the picture is on "your" computer then follow Jon's instructions to attach it to the post.

Now, I'll wait a week, but then we want to see a picture with Nancy, the helmet and bike :D .

c ya, Sum

The picture I showed you how to post above would look like this when you put in the brackets: