Author Topic: A Big Thank You  (Read 1867 times)

Offline Dan Stokes

A Big Thank You
« on: August 21, 2012, 11:24:39 AM »
Just a quick note to thank Mike Stewart and Dan Warner for a great experience at Speed Week.  This is my third year volunteering in Impound and these two guys spent time with me this year, training me so I now have a fairly high confidence level in my job.  I'm thinking they decided that I really WAS coming back and therefore was worth the training.  As a relative newcomer to LSR it was super to learn some of the evolution of the sport and the rules.

Listening to Dan and Mike (and others) discussing some of the fine points (well, remember that came about in 1979 when Bob had an issue with Bill's.....) I realized that I'll never have that level of background but I am learning the rules as they exist.

So, a sincere thanks to both of you guys.  See you next year.

Dan
Wilmington, NC - by the sea

ECTA idiot, Bonneville volunteer

Offline don

Re: A Big Thank You
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2012, 07:52:36 PM »
Dan
No Thank You! And all of all of the Staff and Volunteers.

Offline dw230

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2012, 09:50:40 PM »
Glad to have you aboard again this year. Ms. Stewart says you can come back - impound only joke.

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2012, 10:03:32 PM »
  ... and although I finally got to meet and shake Dan's hand (unfortunatly not in impound), I did recieve secret information from him pertaining to his choice of beverage (just in case I am not "quite legal" if I ever get to impound.
  Not wanting to be called a "cheap whore" by all of you other want-a-be's, I will gladly sell you this information for............. let's say a thousand buck's with two hundred going to Save The Salt and Two hundred to Slim to keep this honest and accurate forum affloat (and maybe a new medical tatoo for Nancy....................).
                                Sign me "Virtuous No Run Bob"*
  * who had his own private sh*t house this year but only got to pee in it once.........   crap!
Bob Drury

Offline 38flattie

• http://www.flatcadracing.org/
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2012, 05:47:01 AM »
I too, would like to thank everyone!

It was only our second year, so we still had a lot to learn!

Everyone from the tech inspector (very helpful), to Dan Warner and Mike Stewart were courteous and helpful!

When there was a discrepancy with what was on our paperwork, and with what the timing slips said, Joanne and Dan took the time out of their busy schedules to help sort it out!

Mike was in impound working on a blown head gasket, when I called him to do our engine verification. After buttoning up his engine, he immediately headed down to see us.

Last, a big thank you to the starters on the short course, Buddy and Dean-we had a blast!

It is amazing to me that this event is run all by volunteers, yet no matter how long the day, they continue to act unselfishly and respectfully! :cheers:
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead. -- RFC 1925

You can't make a race horse out of a pig. But if you work hard enough at it you can make a mighty fast pig. - Bob Akin

http://www.flatcadracing.org/
http://youtu.be/89rVb497_4c